Urban Meyer to Jaguars

On Sunday, he let his frinkin' team talk him into one of the dumbest red flag challenge waste's of all time.

The Titans quarterback managed to throw the ball downfield about 12-15 yards as he was being grabbed. Urban said it was a 'fumble'.

His arm had to be going forward for the ball to travel 12-15 yards down the field. The tackler wasn't close to punching it out.

Even the referees were all laughing at him. What an idiot.

He'll be at LSU next year. Way in over his head with the grown men.

He won’t come back to the SEC unless Saban retires.

Can’t see ND going after Urban. I think Finkel goes to ND and Bob Stoops to Oklahoma. That leaves the best jobs as Cincinnati and Kentucky. Dont see Urban signing up for either.

Urban won't be on Notre Dame's radar.

1st- you have to think of Notre Dame standards and who they want representing them as the face of their university. That drunk guy feeling up girls as old as his grandkids?

2nd- Urban couldn't recruit the next Aaron Hernandez there.

Urban won't be on Notre Dame's radar.

1st- you have to think of Notre Dame standards and who they want representing them as the face of their university. That drunk guy feeling up girls as old as his grandkids?

2nd- Urban couldn't recruit the next Aaron Hernandez there.

1st - they let Brian Kelly represent them as the face of the university for a decade after he killed a kid.

2nd - Meyer might have coddled a murderer, but he didn't kill anyone himself. Unlike Kelly.

Dark horse candidate, how about Matt Rhule To ND. Another Panthers season going to crap, he may have had enough of the NFL.

1st - they let Brian Kelly represent them as the face of the university for a decade after he killed a kid.

2nd - Meyer might have coddled a murderer, but he didn't kill anyone himself. Unlike Kelly.
How in the hell was that not a bigger story that it was? Not only did Kelly basically take no heat for it, but didn't ND pay the student's family something like $75k and called it a day?

Dark horse candidate, how about Matt Rhule To ND. Another Panthers season going to crap, he may have had enough of the NFL.
I could see it. It was rumored Woodward was also interested in Rhule. His going to Carolina made absolutely no sense anyway. His reputation as a coach is as a turnaround artist in college...what does that have to do with the NFL?

Reactions: Vols&Vettes
How in the hell was that not a bigger story that it was? Not only did Kelly basically take no heat for it, but didn't ND pay the student's family something like $75k and called it a day?

We don't know how much was paid because the settlement came with an NDA.

Never mind - I got the OSHA fine amount confused with a settlement to his family.

You're absolutely right about the story having been memory holed by the media. Scandals happen all the time, including criminal acts by athletes and sometimes coaches. But how many scandals wind up with a dead student? And Kelly has two of those on his resume! The fact that Declan Sullivan and Lizzy Seeberg aren't mentioned in just about every piece written about Kelly is shameful.

Reactions: 05_never_again
You're absolutely right about the story having been memory holed by the media. Scandals happen all the time, including criminal acts by athletes and sometimes coaches. But how many scandals wind up with a dead student? And Kelly has two of those on his resume! The fact that Declan Sullivan and Lizzy Seeberg aren't mentioned in just about every piece written about Kelly is shameful.
What's Kelly's guilt with Sullivan?

Did he specify the lift? Informed it wasnt safe, overrode the concerns?

I knew about the death, but never saw where Kelly's culpability came from.

I didn’t know about Kelly and had to look it up. I thought he may have killed someone by driving DUI or something similar by reading your post. I believe your statement about Kelly killing someone is misleading and unfair.

I didn’t know about Kelly and had to look it up. I thought he may have killed someone by driving DUI or something similar by reading your post. I believe your statement about Kelly killing someone is misleading and unfair.

He made a reckless decision that led to a kid's death. That is not misleading. It is a fact, and the State of Indiana said as much.

Given that fact, I could not possibly give less of a crap what you think is unfair.

VN Store

Back