Urban Meyer to Jaguars

The primary reason behind Urban’s “heart issues” was among the worst kept secrets in Gainesville. I’ll leave it at that.

There’s also a good number of UF alums and fans who didn’t like how he mailed it in during the 2010 season. Steve Addazio was running the program while Urban did damage control behind the scenes on other stuff.

But he did bring us a couple national titles and a Heisman, so there’s that.
Is this a good place for 0-12?😂

Reactions: Lawrence Wright
I think he’s as good a coach as there is for college, but the NFL is whole different animal. This is a guy that got the heck up out of dodge as soon as stuff started going south. If college ball caused him all that stress, then just imagine what the NFL is going to do to him. This is a guy that’s used to contending for National Championships. What is he going to do when his team has a run of 6-10,7-9 or 8-8 seasons? That’s why Spurrier and Saban couldn’t last in the league. They were so used to winning all the time and realized that’s just not the way it is in the NFL. Meyer doesn’t strike me as the guy that’s going to hang around for a long rebuild, but more power to him and good luck to him.

Reactions: Border Vol
Urban snagged Charlie Strong as LB coach.

Guess Strong won't be your DC, eh, bamawriter?

I like Urban, but I think he is a CFB coach. We will see what kind of X and O coach he really is because most of the time in CFB he simply overwhelmed teams, as evidenced by his 7 years at OSU and a (83-9) record. Heck, he'll probably have that many losses his 1st year in Jax..... Losing is a way of life in the NFL and he better be prepared for that, which I have reservations. also, said he wouldn't raid Ohio State's staff. Really respect that because there are 3-4 guys there that are among the best in the business.

Jaguars are miles away from competing in any way shape or form. They’re a bunch of bumass losers. 5-11 next year at best and the Titans will be atop the South once again.

Jaguars are miles away from competing in any way shape or form. They’re a bunch of bumass losers. 5-11 next year at best and the Titans will be atop the South once again.
With a rookie quarterback and coach 5-11 is probably optimistic. What about 2022? 2023? 2024? This isn’t about next season. Pete Carroll had losing records his first two years in Seattle. The Jags have $70 million in cap space. That allows Meyer to start building the team in his vision.

I like Urban, but I think he is a CFB coach. We will see what kind of X and O coach he really is because most of the time in CFB he simply overwhelmed teams, as evidenced by his 7 years at OSU and a (83-9) record. Heck, he'll probably have that many losses his 1st year in Jax..... Losing is a way of life in the NFL and he better be prepared for that, which I have reservations. also, said he wouldn't raid Ohio State's staff. Really respect that because there are 3-4 guys there that are among the best in the business.
I think OSU had plenty of dirt on Urban that they would use if he tried to raid them.

What’s the opposite of doing what the 72 Dolphins do? Instead of champagne do they pop Cold Duck? I only ask bc that’s where this is headed.
They still have home games against Houston and Atlanta. Plus they get to play the Jets, who always give their opponents a good chance of winning.

They still have home games against Houston and Atlanta. Plus they get to play the Jets, who always give their opponents a good chance of winning.
My joke was somewhat of an embellishment. Houston with a healthy Tyrod Taylor is a better team. The Jets they may beat.

Urban was ahead of his time when he was winning with Utah, Bowling Green, and Florida, but now everybody is familiar with his schemes and concepts and he doesn't have UF and tOSU talent advantages. He's lost all 3 games by double digits, 2 of them being home losses, and they haven't played a top 10 team yet. The only team that's looked as bad as them is the Jets with Zach Wilson playing horrific ball, and they were at least close in the Carolina game. The other three 0-3 teams had two close games each. It's one thing to lose but in the NFL, the way you lose says a lot.

The Cardinals turned the ball over, gave up a kick 6, were 1/9 on 3rd down, got outrushed by 68 yards, and still beat them by 19 in their place. This isn't looking good at all, so far.

Last edited:
Urban was ahead of his time when he was winning with Utah, Bowling Green, and Florida, but now everybody is familiar with his schemes and concepts and he doesn't have UF and tOSU talent advantages. He's lost all 3 games by double digits, 2 of them being home losses, and they haven't played a top 10 team yet. The only team that's looked as bad as them is the Jets with Zach Wilson playing horrific ball, and they were at least close in the Carolina game. The other three 0-3 teams had two close games each. It's one thing to lose but in the NFL, the way you lose says a lot.

The Cardinals turned the ball over, gave up a kick 6, were 1/9 on 3rd down, got outrushed by 68 yards, and still beat them by 19 in their place. This isn't looking good at all, so far.
There is a not-insignificant chance he pulls a Bobby Petrino.

Nobody expected a super bowl this year, heck, nobody expected playoffs. I was hoping for 4-5 wins. I like the steady improvement, hate the losing but God knows we’re used to it. I think it’s pretty obvious Trevor is the guy. We’ve got to get some guys around him. Trouble is, we need players everywhere.

Nobody expected a super bowl this year, heck, nobody expected playoffs. I was hoping for 4-5 wins. I like the steady improvement, hate the losing but God knows we’re used to it. I think it’s pretty obvious Trevor is the guy. We’ve got to get some guys around him. Trouble is, we need players everywhere.
A lot like Peyton’s first year

Reactions: davethevol and Jaws

VN Store

Back