Urban Meyer meeting with Texas about HC? (Rumor)

I do not think the Urban act will play well or long at Texas.
It is however much easier to win there than in the SEC or BIG.
He might DABO himself out an annual final four spot and earn the 10m dollar salary. He might just laugh his way to the bank.
Both UTs have issues that I am not sure a coaching change will cure.

It will if he wins .....and he wins.

Reactions: tnutater
Sure it is.

We re having to make some assumptions here
- Texas does indeed fire Herman
- UT fires Pruitt
- Both go after the best available coach (Meyer)

If Texas and UT are both courting an elite football coach today, why would UT have an advantage in hiring the guy?
Texas has a professional athletic director that has gonads.

Witch Doctor say bad news we have went thru too many coaches to get anyone to come here. UNLESS we pay crazy money.. This place has turned into a coaching graveyard really

Bones Never Lie.

Ohio state is doing just fine. Florida went down hill because they made the wrong hire after Meyer left. Meyer has literally won everywhere, every season, especially in the post season. I’d kill to have him here.
I'll kick in 5 to the fee if you start with douche Mcgee (Pruitt)

Ohio state is doing just fine. Florida went down hill because they made the wrong hire after Meyer left. Meyer has literally won everywhere, every season, especially in the post season. I’d kill to have him here.

the other side to that is you’d never know if he’s all in or just waiting to tuck tail and run.

Reactions: VolNExile
Not amazed that he turned them down. He probably never even considered them. Who wants to go fix that mess with fans who are “fair weather”. They usually leave at halftime. Their admin is clueless. Crap coach after crap coach. I bet they are sad they ran Mac Brown out of town. Same with Rick Barnes.

Next AD @ OSU. got {2) restaurants near OSU campus.. teaches a class at OSU and ass't AD there, Is a great analyst for Fox, family doesn't want to move, and most importantly, he can play golf anyday at Muirfield Village..... Why in the heck would he ever take a mess like Texas. he has enough money to last 10 lifetimes.

Herman should take any job offer out there. Crappy way to treat a guy.
Yes, I do agree with that, but Herman has some major baggage that he bought on himself. By many accounts he is a backstabber and prick, and not many people like him.

“In fact, Orangebloods reportedWednesday morning that Kevin Eltife, chairman of the UT Board of Regents, flew to Columbus to meet with Meyer, returning to Texas earlier today.”

Looks like Chip Brown was wrong again. Speaking of.Chips, Kelly will be available again soon.

Texas boosters basically said "he's not coaching. Here's a bank vault full of money. See if he wants to become the highest paid coach in NCAA history."

Money talks and even if Texas otherwise had no intention of moving on from Herman, the big money there wanted them to make a run at Urban because he's Saban level elite and is basically as close as you can get to a guaranteed national title.

I think the only job Urban would come out of retirement for at this point is Notre Dame. He's talked about that being his dream job before. I've no idea where the USC stuff comes from. They've never been a school that drops monster cash on a coach. They got lucky with Pete Carroll being able to cheat like hell and cash in before he was caught. Otherwise they've been irrelevant since the 1970s, when they were cheating like hell and got caught.

Yep and once he sees a downward trend then he will bolt just like he did at Florida and Ohio State.
At least he would get a program back on track. We certainly could use that and the almost guaranteed bump in recruiting and athleticism for the program.

VN Store

Back