UPPER TAMPA BAY TRAIL WILDLIFE

VolFaninFla

I have been doing 4-6 mile walks on the Upper Tampa Bay Trail and see a wide variety of wildlife.
The white bird, I believe, is a Great Egret. It was fishing in a stream below a bridge I was crossing.

The other bird is a Peacock. It was walking on the trail with its feathers at full mast. Beautiful! One of my dogs startled it and it flew up onto that roof.

A guy that was jogging asked me what it was and, in jest, I told him it was Pteradactyl. He said,"Really? I've never seen one of those before. I thought they were extinct." I thought he was just joking but quickly realized that he was dead serious.
I just kept walking as he took his phone out and started snapping photos.
IMG_1874.jpgIMG_1876.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1876.jpg
    IMG_1876.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 1
I have been doing 4-6 mile walks on the Upper Tampa Bay Trail and see a wide variety of wildlife.
The white bird, I believe, is a Great Egret. It was fishing in a stream below a bridge I was crossing.

The other bird is a Peacock. It was walking on the trail with its feathers at full mast. Beautiful! One of my dogs startled it and it flew up onto that roof.

A guy that was jogging asked me what it was and, in jest, I told him it was Pteradactyl. He said,"Really? I've never seen one of those before. I thought they were extinct." I thought he was just joking but quickly realized that he was dead serious.
View attachment 281205View attachment 281206
Was it Juliettte?

Reactions: VolFaninFla

View attachment 281205View attachment 281206

Is that the trail along the Veterans Pkwy (589)?

Reactions: VolFaninFla
Me too. Tampa is my favorite place I’ve ever lived in.
We have some friends who live in Chiefland, if you know where that is. We've been there a few times, and drove down to Tampa/Clearwater. We vacationed in Clearwater 4 years ago, and spent a couple of days just driving around. The whole area is beautiful.

Is that the trail along the Veterans Pkwy (589)?
Yes, it is.
When I’m on the trail just south of Gunn HighwayCitrus Park Drive I can smell the wild scent of the tigers, lions, etc. at Big Cat Rescue. The rescue facility is featured in the Netflix show Tiger King.
When I was on the trail today I wondered what I would do if one of the cats escaped and made its way on to the trail.😳
Have you ever been on the trail?

Last edited:
Reactions: Boca Vol
Yes, it is.
When I’m on the trail just south of Gunn HighwayCitrus Park Drive I can smell the wild scent of the tigers, lions, etc. at Big Cat Rescue. The rescue facility is featured in the Netflix show Tiger King.
When I was on the trail today I wondered what I would do if one of the cats escaped and made its way on to the trail.😳
I’d be more worried if Carol found you.

Yes, it is.
Have you ever been on the trail?

I've never been on the trail but I've driven up Veterans several times. I love that road...except for the tolls every 1/2 mile. It' costs a fortune to go end to end but when we go to Cedar Key you can't beat it.

VN Store

Back