Updated BCS Standings

allvol

Eternally Optimistic
Okay, more of the computer rankings are out now, so the BCS :bs: is a little more accurate.

Through 10/2: AP, Coaches, Anderson-Hester, Billingsley, Colley, Massey, Sagarin.
Not Yet Available: Wolfe.

Tennessee is 16th overall.
AP=17
UE=17
-------
AH=18
BIL=10
COL=19
MAS=20
SAG=15

Here they are
01 USC
02 Georgia
03 Miami
04 Oklahoma
05 Texas
06 Auburn
07 California
08 Purdue
09 Florida State
10 Utah
11 Virginia
12 Minnesota
13 Arizona State
14 Boise State
15 Oklahoma State
16 TENNESSEE
17 Florida
18 Ohio State
19 Michigan
20 Wisconsin
21 Southern Miss
22 Louisville
23 West Virginia
24 South Carolina
25 Maryland

well i think people think tennessee is over rated but thats not ture. i think they never give tennessee any love in the bcs. They never have and most likey never will but thats all right were going to pull an upset this week agaist the dawgs...

Suck it up and deal with it!!!

well i think people think tennessee is over rated but thats not ture. i think they never give tennessee any love in the bcs. They never have and most likey never will

hahahahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAA

WELL ONE OF TWO THINGS ARE TRUE-

YOU HAVE EITHER FIGURED OUT THAT WE THE WORLD, RIGGED THE BCS, THE HEISMAN PEYTONPIE VOTE, THE POLICE TO TRACK DOWN FIRST STRING VOLTHUGS, AND VOTER SIGNUPS AT BUSH CAMPAIGN HEADQUARTERS

OR

AS MY OLD FRIEND STEVE WOULD SAY, YOU CANT SPELL "NUT" WITHOUT UT.

The computer formulas neither love nor hate. However, the AP and Coaches' polls are in another category all together, and have some bias. Both of those polls have more influence on the BCS this year. Also, the strength of schedule component was removed. This hurts most SEC schools compared to the other conferences.

Regarding 'conspiracy theories'.... let's leave that up to the Bammers and Fox Mulder.

I'm also glad that 'truthteller' is starting to take some kind of interest in spelling.

NOW IF HE'D JUST FIGURE OUT THAT CAPS LOCK KEY.

Food for BCS thought.......

Is it too early to talk about the BCS Nightmare Scenarios? Never.
The nightmare that hasn't happened yet is more than two, major conference, undefeated teams. There are still 13 such teams, and at least one in each of the five major conferences. It is also possible that the Big Ten could produce two undefeated teams, since Minnesota and Purdue do not play each other this year.

So, we could have as many as six, major conference, undefeated teams at the end of the season: Miami or Virginia (ACC), Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, or Texas (Big XII), Purdue and Minnesota (Big Ten), Arizona St, Cal, or USC (Pac 10), and Auburn or Georgia (SEC). There are two big matchups this week among this group, Oklahoma-Texas and Cal @ USC.

As an aside, it will be interesting to see how the polls shuffle should one or both of the underdogs win. Does Georgia move up to #1, or does Texas or Cal jump them?

Of course, the biggest nightmare is one of the non-BCS schools crashing the party and pulling $15M out of the big guys' pockets. The leader at the moment is Utah, which is 11th in the polls and 4th in the computers. They still have some upward mobility in the polls, I would think, but I can't imagine them finishing this high in the computers. If they do finish undefeated, they're a lock for a top 12 position and BCS eligibility. Getting to the top six and a guaranteed position may require some help from other teams losing or the generosity of the voters. However, if they do manage to finish undefeated, they may be attractive enough to the Fiesta Bowl that they might invite the Utes whether they are guaranteed a spot or not. That depends on things like what other teams are available, who plays for the title and when the Fiesta gets to pick. It is not likely that Utah would be attractive to the Sugar or Rose Bowls.

Boise St is still climbing as well, though the Broncos will never catch Utah if both stay undefeated. Boise's upside is borderline-top 12. I'm not sure they would be as attractive to one of the BCS bowls as Utah would be.

Southern Miss and Louisville are third and fourth at the moment, but they have the biggest opportunity for advancement. The Golden Eagles already have a win in Lincoln over Nebraska, and still have games to come at Alabama, Memphis and TCU. There is also the season finale with Cal, which was postponed because of Hurricane Ivan.

Louisville's big chance comes October 14th in Miami, when they take on the Hurricanes. A win there, and the Cardinals fly to the head of the line. Louisville and Southern Miss do not face each other this season, so both could finish undefeated.

Navy's undefeated as well, but has one of the most pathetic schedules you could imagine. No shot at the BCS for them.

VN Store

Back