Update on the Investigation from Danny White

unfrozencvmanvol

Nico came, he saw, he conquered.
Pull quotes from GoVols247 article from JUNE 9, 2021.

"First-year athletic director Danny White provided an update on the situation on Wednesday afternoon, saying Tennessee is in constant contact with its outside counsel and the NCAA regarding alleged recruiting violations that occurred under Pruitt the previous coaching staff. However, White did not have a firm timeline on when the case might conclude or move on to the next phase...

...Tennessee also included a clause in Heupel's contract that automatically adds an extra year to the deal if the Vols wind up with a postseason ban of two or more years or incur scholarship reductions of eight or more scholarships as a result of the investigation, suggesting the potential ramifications of the alleged violations committed by the former staff...

...Chancellor Donde Plowman previously suggested it was unlikely the Vols would have a resolution on their NCAA case with sanctions handed down, either self-imposed or by the NCAA, before the start of the 2021 season, but White during a Zoom call on Wednesday declined to even guess on any sort of target date for the case to conclude...

...We want to come out of this as an example of how NCAA issues should be solved in the future. We are going to operate with the highest level of integrity and hold ourselves accountable for the issues that did occur here. I’m not trying to give you a non-answer answer, but we’re kind of in the same place. Are we closer than we were a month ago? Yes, but I can’t put a timeframe on it because I just don’t know. These things are fluid. Each interview could yield different information that takes on a different turn in the investigation. “Nobody can put a timeframe on it right now.”

--- Patrick Brown, GoVols247

Last edited:
“Nobody can put a timeframe on it right now.”

giphy.gif

Pull quotes from GoVols247 article.

"First-year athletic director Danny White provided an update on the situation on Wednesday afternoon, saying Tennessee is in constant contact with its outside counsel and the NCAA regarding alleged recruiting violations that occurred under Pruitt the previous coaching staff. However, White did not have a firm timeline on when the case might conclude or move on to the next phase...

...Tennessee also included a clause in Heupel's contract that automatically adds an extra year to the deal if the Vols wind up with a postseason ban of two or more years or incur scholarship reductions of eight or more scholarships as a result of the investigation, suggesting the potential ramifications of the alleged violations committed by the former staff...

...Chancellor Donde Plowman previously suggested it was unlikely the Vols would have a resolution on their NCAA case with sanctions handed down, either self-imposed or by the NCAA, before the start of the 2021 season, but White during a Zoom call on Wednesday declined to even guess on any sort of target date for the case to conclude...

...We want to come out of this as an example of how NCAA issues should be solved in the future. We are going to operate with the highest level of integrity and hold ourselves accountable for the issues that did occur here. I’m not trying to give you a non-answer answer, but we’re kind of in the same place. Are we closer than we were a month ago? Yes, but I can’t put a timeframe on it because I just don’t know. These things are fluid. Each interview could yield different information that takes on a different turn in the investigation. “Nobody can put a timeframe on it right now.”

giphy.gif

If i know the NCAA, and i know what they HAVE BEEN. they would much rather wait until UT is important to lay the hammer down. they are waiting on the same for LSU.

There is a ton of change happening rn in the NCAA tho, and maybe, just maybe... we get grandfathered into the new CFB structure. that would be a welcome change.

In other words, don't hold you breath. The NCAA is a joke and will drag this out for years.
If only we had created a whole new major of classes (UNC).
or had our bball coach caught on tape discussing pay for play (LSU).
sigh.

If i know the NCAA, and i know what they HAVE BEEN. they would much rather wait until UT is important to lay the hammer down. they are waiting on the same for LSU.

There is a ton of change happening rn in the NCAA tho, and maybe, just maybe... we get grandfathered into the new CFB structure. that would be a welcome change.

See I have a different fear. many schools have been accused by NCAA and they threatened to fight the NCAA in the courts, (where the NCAA would lose) any " so wrist slaps and not much else would occur, and we all wondered why nothing happened to "them".
Tennessee is going a different route by walking in and laying it at their feet. NCAA DESPERATELY needs to make a statement about cheating, particularly in the South where we all say everybody cheats some (what aboutism)
Tenn may make it easy for NCAA to level someone as an example

If only we had created a whole new major of classes (UNC).
or had our bball coach caught on tape discussing pay for play (LSU).
sigh.

Both schools fought NCAA and threatened law suits against NCAA, or coaches did.. NCAA is actually scared of going to court. MRs Plowman is handing them the evidence making it easy for the NCAA..

Pull quotes from GoVols247 article from JUNE 9, 2021.

What did we do ? I have no idea. Haven't seen a thing about any specific violations. To me UT has a clandestine Athletic department. Piss on fans and tell them it's raining kind of thing. What violations I ask?

How about giving us a update when you have something to update! GBO!!!!!!
I think it's noteworthy that he said this stuff today because here we are June 9th and apparently it's nowhere near wrapping up. It also seems that it's expanding as people are interviewed and that our plan is to take it up the rear from the NCAA. All in all, what many expected after that initial Plowman press conference but this pretty much confirms our grab our ankles' approach. We can only hope the expanding nature of the probe will take down rivals as well. Wishful thinking probably, but one can hope.

Last edited:
See I have a different fear. many schools have been accused by NCAA and they threatened to fight the NCAA in the courts, (where the NCAA would lose) any " so wrist slaps and not much else would occur, and we all wondered why nothing happened to "them".
Tennessee is going a different route by walking in and laying it at their feet. NCAA DESPERATELY needs to make a statement about cheating, particularly in the South where we all say everybody cheats some (what aboutism)
Tenn may make it easy for NCAA to level someone as an example
If so, then UT needs to go ahead and apply for membership in the Southern Conference, or OVC. The boosters are already leaving the program and as a fan for more than 50 years I am tiring of the cluster that is UT athletics. Thank you Phil Fulmer.

Reactions: jtdavis

VN Store

Back