Update on Oku's Qualifying Situation

Good publicity for the school in Lincoln. It's definitely in their best interest to help motivate Oku in the classroom.

Well, Oku can expect to get flagged by the Clearinghouse for this mid-year move during his Senior year.

I think that the biggest factor(s) that could help him is that the school he transferred into offers 7 classes, instead of 4, per semester. This almost doubles his opportunity to increase his GPA to offset a lower ACT score, which is legitimate. Also, he has twice as many eligible courses to choose from. Also, the average ACT score from the high school he moved to is considerably higher than the average score from where he came - indicating that Lincoln East is NO diploma mill.

I think that these factors should at least make the reason for the change more on the level with regard to the Clearinghouse...but you never know what will happen when they get involved.

Well, Oku can expect to get flagged by the Clearinghouse for this mid-year move during his Senior year.

I think that the biggest factor(s) that could help him is that the school he transferred into offers 7 classes, instead of 4, per semester. This almost doubles his opportunity to increase his GPA to offset a lower ACT score, which is legitimate. Also, he has twice as many eligible courses to choose from. Also, the average ACT score from the high school he moved to is considerably higher than the average score from where he came - indicating that Lincoln East is NO diploma mill.

I think that these factors should at least make the reason for the change more on the level with regard to the Clearinghouse...but you never know what will happen when they get involved.

It makes me wonder if Carl Albert runs on a full calendar year schedule. I can't imagine how you can get all the classes necessary to graduate high school with only 4 classes. If it's full year schooling, then it makes more sense...I guess transferring out of the state may have taken him from a year-round schedule to a normal 2 semester schedule.

It makes me wonder if Carl Albert runs on a full calendar year schedule. I can't imagine how you can get all the classes necessary to graduate high school with only 4 classes. If it's full year schooling, then it makes more sense...I guess transferring out of the state may have taken him from a year-round schedule to a normal 2 semester schedule.

block scheduling

Yeah, my high school was 4 classes a semester, 1 1/2 hours a day for a total of 32 credits when you graduate. Classes were sooooooo long and boring though.

but it also depends if tha school offers tha req. classes for a div 1 school. so he has takin tha needed steps to make sure he is legit. but i do know that block sched gives you tha option of graduating in december

See I'm used to 7 periods a day for 2 semesters

I had one year of 7 periods a day for 2 semesters...then I went to 4 periods a day for 1 semester. I liked it because I was able to get in more classes during those remaining 3 years. But, for Oku, he can pick up 7 classes, and then probably have some kind of system where he has to do some make-up and summer school to get credit for all those classes (since he came in at the half-semester mark).

Block schedules are hard as hell for parents to follow, lol. I still get confused and the boys have been doing them for the last three years!!

I know a kid that transfered from a school that was on period scheduling to my school that was on block scheduling and he lost multiple credits that didn't count toward his graduation rate. He came into the school being in my grade, but he was held back because he had to catch up. Not sure the details of how credits transfer, but I hope he's checked into it.

VN Store

Back