Update on Chris Lofton

Favorite Vol of all time

The season where we beat #1 Memphis ranks right up there with the 1998 BCS title for me. I don't care that we only made the sweet 16, that team was so incredibly fun to watch. If Lofton had been 100% and progressed like he should have from his junior year, we might've been at least a final 4 team.

Man, I hate to be that guy, but your thread title and then just a recap of what we knew in 2007? Crap, I was expecting some news and then I saw your tweet--was a little scary. I'm glad there isn't really a new update.

Don't feel bad, I thought the exact same thing - "what on Earth could be updated about Chris Lofton - oh no, I hope it's not that." It's a click-bait-y title if ever I've seen one, and for a post that doesn't really have an update, I'm not sure why that was necessary. Oh well.

Legit nice dude too
I always thought so, too, but one time...and I can't remember if it was in this forum, or in a conversation I had with someone up here in KY...but I was told that Lofton was kind of a jerk. That he thought he was better than everyone else, and was a bit of douche on the court in practice and pickup games. I never witnessed that kind of behavior, myself, so I find it tough to believe. I was floored to hear it because it seemed so out of line with public persona.

I always thought so, too, but one time...and I can't remember if it was in this forum, or in a conversation I had with someone up here in KY...but I was told that Lofton was kind of a jerk. That he thought he was better than everyone else, and was a bit of douche on the court in practice and pickup games. I never witnessed that kind of behavior, myself, so I find it tough to believe. I was floored to hear it because it seemed so out of line with public persona.

If I hit a 30 footer over Kevin Durant to give my team the lead with under 30 seconds I would be the biggest jackass ever šŸ˜‚

There's your trouble. They spread lies about Tennessee for fun in the offseason. Dude you talked to was probably just repeating one.

Reactions: Kas232323

This pic was taken the night Chris broke the SEC 3 point record versus Asheville. Bruce let my son sit in his chair for Bobā€™s entire interview with C-Lo. Every commercial break he turned and chatted with that 4 year old. He seemed very genuine to me. This is a big reason why Chris and Bruce will always be two of my favorite Vols. F8DD3B4F-7D04-4AF6-A509-3DCF502949AB.jpeg

I played pickup with and against him several times during his UT years and a few years when he'd visit after graduation. He change A LOT post-UT. And I mean that in a good way. Much more chilled. He was a competitor through and through during his UT early years and always had a chip on his shoulder but he went through some rough years his senior year and first couple of pro years. Since then, every time I've come across him he's been pretty cool.

I can say from personal experience that he is not a jerk. He is humble and goes the extra mile, at least in my experiences and interactions. However, he is very introverted, which someone could interpret as being aloof and ā€œbetter than.ā€ Unequivocally, he is not that.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
I can only speak from my personal experience, but he was always nice when I would see him around Andy Holt

VN Store

Back