Unsung Hero…..Danny White

We had a good year last year in several sports with respect to the SEC, yes, and that's great. But when are we going to win a national title in something? I live in Virginia and UVA has won NATIONAL titles in basketball, baseball, tennis (multiple men and women), swimming (mutiple women), men's soccer. That's multiple national titles in 5 sports. One big reason is that UVA has an outstanding academic reputation, and it's also true that the ACC isn't as competitively deep in all sports as the SEC; nevertheless, that is an amazing record. I like White well enough, but not sure why fans here want to heap praise on the guy for the success of coaches he didn't hire. Kredich, Woodruff, Barnes, were all good coaches before White arrived. Also, White made what is quickly looking like a bad hire to replace Pensky as soccer coach, as the team, with nearly everybody back, as regressed this year owing to some questionable decision-making by the new coach--whose background is eerily similar to that of Holly Warlick. It was the same lazy coaching "search" that we saw from Fulmer when it came to replacing Warlick--hey, let's get /another/ former Lady Vol, the first one worked out so well.
We have 23 national titles with more on the way. No one cares about Virginia

Last time I checked, Handsome Dave Hart hired Rick Barnes after the Nike reps in Dallas put the deal togather, they just showed him where to sign, to get him off the mat after the Donnie Tindall disaster hire that was all on Hart, John Currie actually hired Tony Vittelo, long before Danny White ever got to campus and yes, White is interested in and has announced a rebuild of Lindsay Nelson Stadium, but it will have to wait until the university president's baseball stadium is completed and opened as the rebuild will cost a season in the president's stadium, minimum three years away assuming construction and funding go as planned, the soccer coach has been on staff at Tennessee since 2007 and yes White Danny signed the contract and offered the job, but I'm not convinced that was the product of a comprehensive nationwide search.

Heupel was not White Danny's first choice for a head coach at Tennessee, he was obviously on the list, Danny only got down on the list after having been turned down by everyone else he made inroads to.

Stadium renovations are nice, PA sound is worse, Wilkerson thinks he is a cheerleader, in stadium cell service remains a horrible fan experience, no "scores of interest" anymore, lots of new perks, clubs and amenities for the well healed corporate boosters, not much out there for the middle American family of 4 that doesn't have an extra $25,000 laying around, but we'll see how much praise White Danny gathers if the Vols end up 8-4, pinging for the Gator Bowl of all things,
Do you need your juice box

Given the putrid situation White stepped into thanks to Fulmer, he has done a phenomenal job in a short amount of time.

Been a long time since all the major sports have been trending in the right direction all at the same time.

Reactions: beamerman

VN Store

Back