Uniforms - Back in Black (merged)

Hate it. We have one of the classic uniforms in all of college football, why screw it up with some gawd-awful Div. II looking uniforms.
Ever notice who doesn't go for these "alternate" looks ? The traditional powers of college football, of which we are still a member despite the past decade.

Last edited:
Hate it. We have one of the classic uniforms in all of college football, why screw it up with some gawd-awful Div. II looking uniforms.
Ever notice who doesn't go for these "alternate" looks ? The traditional powers of college football, of which we are one despite the past decade.[/QUO
Orange top.
White pants.
Should be required home uniform.
nah… black on black every home game would be great

Great. But if I work for John Deere, am at a work function that requires a uniform, you really think I can come in a red shirt just because it's my "favorite" and I "look good" in it? No, because their color is green.
Of course not. You missed the point. But what if they told you, “guess what, at this function, we have special red shirts that you can wear.”
🤷🏼‍♂️

Are we going to let the players rename the stadium? They don't want to play in a place called Neyland, so let's let them change that too, since it's all about them.

To get rid of those ugly black uniforms and start acting like you are Tennessee.

Kids may like them but the 4 and 5 stars are going elsewhere. Time to make the players play for the program instead of the program playing for the players. You are not winning.

Reactions: Nationdom
they are bad to begin with but when a sub 6 ft walk on is dragging our safety for a 1st down they are just embarrassing

I liked the Smokey Grays with the Smokey Mountain helmet for an alternative uniform my self.
But even those, once a year is plenty.

Reactions: DrTNT and DonDiego
To get rid of those ugly black uniforms and start acting like you are Tennessee.

Kids may like them but the 4 and 5 stars are going elsewhere. Time to make the players play for the program instead of the program playing for the players. You are not winning.
The players picked the uniforms. Not me not you. The guys on the field. Coach gave them that choice. He's a players coach

You wanna discuss “not winning” (in the sense you used it)… I’m a long time Vol fan, I love Orange & White!! However, I also understand that breaking routines & doing something different on occasion can be exciting to the players (& most fans who don’t have sticks where the sun don’t shine). So, I like them! If you’re upset about it, you’re more than welcome to either not watch them or simply keep your keep your complaints to yourself & support the team. Whining about your dislike of what the team is wearing is the definition of “not winning”.

Yeah.....because the color of the jersey they wore played such a major factor in winning or losing the game.... GET OVER YOURSELVES WITH THE ALTERNATE UNIFORMS....FFS

Yeah, don’t think uniforms had much to do with that outcome, but sure, let’s blame the uniforms

You are not winning. Put on our traditional orange and act like you have a program. There is no way the uniforms make a difference on the field but we are not winning by using these gimmicks and it has no effect on recruiting. If black uniforms were a difference maker then Vandy would have a crapload of SEC trophies.

You are not winning. Put on our traditional orange and act like you have a program. There is no way the uniforms make a difference on the field but we are not winning by using these gimmicks and it has no effect on recruiting. If black uniforms were a difference maker then Vandy would have a crapload of SEC trophies.

You really just like using that “not winning” phrase, huh… what a miserable existence…

Ever notice who doesn't go for these "alternate" looks ? The traditional powers of college football, of which we are still a member despite the past decade.

Inaccurate… UGA, Oklahoma, FSU, UF, ND & a host of other “powers” have alternate uniforms…

VN Store

Back