Uniforms - Back in Black (merged)

There’s more to it than just wearing black uniforms
, it’s really for the players not for the fans and for recruiting, creates great excitement to bring in more recruits, eyes on the product.
The uniforms don’t play the game, the players do.
I’m sure we all have our “favorite shirt” we like to wear and feel comfortable in and that we “look good” in.
There is some psychological truth to it. They don’t call it a power suit for nothing. Creates some level of Confidence.
Players still have to play.

There’s more to it than just wearing black uniforms
, it’s really for the players not for the fans and for recruiting, creates great excitement to bring in more recruits, eyes on the product.
The uniforms don’t play the game, the players do.
I’m sure we all have our “favorite shirt” we like to wear and feel comfortable in and that we “look good” in.
There is some psychological truth to it. They don’t call it a power suit for nothing. Creates some level of Confidence.
Players still have to play.
Great. But if I work for John Deere, am at a work function that requires a uniform, you really think I can come in a red shirt just because it's my "favorite" and I "look good" in it? No, because their color is green.

I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't care whatsoever what color or combination they wear. If the players feel like they can chew nails and run through brick walls, I'm for whatever color they want.

Great. But if I work for John Deere, am at a work function that requires a uniform, you really think I can come in a red shirt just because it's my "favorite" and I "look good" in it? No, because their color is green.

You can wear the red shirt f the company tells you we're wearing red shirts on this day to this function.
You know just like the school told the players, the uniforms will be black this weekend....

You can wear the red shirt f the company tells you we're wearing red shirts on this day to this function.
You know just like the school told the players, the uniforms will be black this weekend....
But wait, I thought it was the players who told the school that? That's what was said. So which is it?

And if you really think someone like John Deere would let any color other than their brand out there, there's special hospitals out there for you.

personally it's not a big deal, if it adds a bit more intrigue to the game so be it, but just play hard for 60 mins and do whatever it takes to win!

Reactions: firestorm
Some students need to get ahold of some costumes for characters that wear black. Bat-Man, Cat-woman, Darth Vader, Black Panther, ect.

Lack of talent at LB and Safety. Our Safeties are slow
Safeties are a little slow the back ups are more athletic so the future is bright… Charles, McDonald, slaughter, turnage, are all more athletic but Theo flowers and JM play good ball and seem to be in the right spot a lot.

If that red shirt makes you more confident, enough to become the best darn Deere salesman in the field, I guarantee you can wear it.

Reactions: FïreBall
So, today on the Vol Quest podcast, I'm fairly certain I heard Austin Price correctly that they are wearing the black uniforms on Saturday.

Thoughts?

Personally, I would rather go creamsicle, because so many already hate orange pants, rather than potentially leave a sour taste in the mouths of the fanbase if Georgia wins like Vegas anticipates. 2017 Smokey Gray's against Georgia was certainly, ummm, great. 41-0.

I know, I know, WGWTFA...but I am very torn on the potential for an alternate uniform.

Please enlighten me with your thoughts.

I'm a traditionalist at heart. My all time favorite always and forever is the Orange shirts over the white pants. That is Tennessee IMHO. We haven't worn that combo much this year. But Hey, I'm all in on whatever the team wears. Go Vols. Kick the Dawg.

Reactions: J C Higgins
personally it's not a big deal, if it adds a bit more intrigue to the game so be it, but just play hard for 60 mins and do whatever it takes to win!

I agree because the Black Volunteers uniforms are terrific-looking uniforms, also adding uniqueness to this highly anticipated game vs the Number 1 undefeated Juggeranut Georgia Bulldogs.

I predict no references or a segway by commentators to the Spider-Man the black symbiote costume except I'll enjoy if they can fit that Spider-Man black costume reference, the Superman Black costume, or any black costume used by a superhero in comic books.

Some of you grey-haired fun police act like if we wore Orange & White it would increase our chances of winning. I keep hearing the dumb argument that we lose in alternate jerseys a lot, but how many times in the past 15 years has Georgia, Florida, and Alabama curb-stomped us in our traditional uniforms? Way too many to count. We actually think wearing alternate uniforms is some curse that reduces our chances to win?

Some of you grey-haired fun police act like if we wore Orange & White it would increase our chances of winning. I keep hearing the dumb argument that we lose in alternate jerseys a lot, but how many times in the past 15 years has Georgia, Florida, and Alabama curb-stomped us in our traditional uniforms? Way too many to count. We actually think wearing alternate uniforms is some curse that reduces our chances to win?
Mookie, I have a sneaky suspicion that we may be blown away by the helmets tomorrow.
Anyone else thinking that the black or orange chrome helmets may be in the works?
GBO!!

VN Store

Back