Uniform/Helmet/Shoe design thread (merged)

It's spelled "horrendous" and "truthful". Those uniforms would make us the laughingstock of CFB, without question. They're uglier than the southbound end of a northbound donkey, my dude.
Yeah, those looked like ass back then and still did when we brought out the throwback.

What we really need is to go back to the enormous numbers, and the white jerseys with the orange/white/orange numbers like the 80s/90s. The double sleeve stripe would be nice too but doesn't work so well with the modern uniform cuts.

EDIT: these white unis are my favorite.
Screenshot_20230521_105650_Chrome Beta.jpg

Who does the uniform designs? The coaches? Someone in the AD? I know that Butch was big on uniform design and since then this board has been full of fashionistas.

I know that most of us older fans never seemed to care much for the conversation as long as it was Tennessee Orange & White. Just give them the damn football and let’s play.

Who does the uniform designs? The coaches? Someone in the AD? I know that Butch was big on uniform design and since then this board has been full of fashionistas.

I know that most of us older fans never seemed to care much for the conversation as long as it was Tennessee Orange & White. Just give them the damn football and let’s play.
Bitch waaaaay overdid everything, especially the cheggarboards! He put that on everything! There is something to too much of a good thing.

Reactions: tbwhhs
What we really need is to go back to the enormous numbers, and the white jerseys with the orange/white/orange numbers like the 80s/90s. The double sleeve stripe would be nice too but doesn't work so well with the modern uniform cuts.

EDIT: these white unis are my favorite.
View attachment 552450
100% agree
Those are sweet

Not completely on topic but has anyone else noticed Oklahoma State keeps inching closer to our uniforms? Specifically our unique shade of orange:

I know Texas sued us for the UT emblem back in the 80's and won requiring us to change our T over the U emblem. Should we sue OSU or just assume imitation is the greatest form of flattery?

That color has more red in it than pantone 151C
12_big.jpg

I strongly want to go back to each team wearing their home uniforms for the Bama game.
Orange vs Crimson was epic.
I know the SEC and NCAA have vetoed that, but it was beautiful.
Yes and the ONLY reason home teams wear colored jersey and away team white top was because of black and white TV!!!! It’s so idiotic for these “rules” to still be in effect!

VN Store

Back