Uniform/Helmet/Shoe design thread (merged)

Wearing all orange is traditional, at least back into the 80s if not before. About the same for orange pants, white tops. Last time the latter happened was vs. Oregon, away? I like it as it has a tradition behind it, outside standard O&W and storm troopers. Thought I might smoky greys ....... but no, never grew on me, even in baseball. Black was great for Halloween......but honestly, if you're gonna change it up just go back to injecting all orange or orange pants/white tops. At least they have long ties to the past.

What is wrong with tradition? Why do the kiddies always want to change it? Yes, there were khaki pants in days gone by. White would turn to mud anyway. Orange/white in any combination! O/O, O/W, W/O, or W/W. Period.

It is GO BIG ORANGE! It is not go big whatever.

One thing (the only thing) I liked about the Lyle era was that we wore different uniforms often.. I understand CP is trying to keep it tradition but when do you all think we will see or maybe even deserve different uniforms for games?

'deserve different uniforms'? please explain

Reactions: feathersax
Black cleats are hideous. Black isn’t a school color. Add an orange helmet for away games and be done.
They're shoes man, shoes. Black adds a little contrast.

Ever notice that if the body of an automobile is spotless but the wheels and tires are nasty it makes the whole automobile look bad? To me it's the same with shoes. And although thinks like black cars show dirt really well, it's not tbe same with black shoes, at least you don't notice it as much.

I don't really care, the orange and white shoes look good on the front of a magazine, but if I get a vote I vote for black on the field.

Our record in traditional uniforms isn’t too good either over the the past 12 years +

It blows my mind when people say the orange pants are "cursed" or act like we suck in them; I'm sorry, then what does that make the white pants then? Considering we've sucked for a good decade and the majority of the losses were in white pants.

It blows my mind when people say the orange pants are "cursed" or act like we suck in them; I'm sorry, then what does that make the white pants then? Considering we've sucked for a good decade and the majority of the losses were in white pants.

I am pro orange pants for big games that’s my stance. Every coach is different when it comes to stuff like that. I know a lot of coaches are superstitious about uniforms .

I don’t like the idea of recreating the 90’s with our uniforms. It was a great time to be a Vol fan, but that was then and this is now. The whole “Bama doesn’t change their uniforms, they just win” argument is played out and irrelevant to us. I don’t want to be Oregon, but a little modernized uniform mixed with some tradition isn’t a bad thing either.

I personally think white uniforms at home with white helmet should be the standard. On the road the orange jersey with a orange helmet and power T combo would look SICK!!! I hope the school tries it for a road game soon to gauge fan interest/reaction....

Well as long as Fulmer is in charge, forget it. The uniforms are going to stay as plain and boring (or as some here say, "clean") as he can make them. Personally, I would design Tennessee's uniforms closely to but not exactly, to the classic New York Jets uniforms.

As long as colors don’t match the opposing team why would the other team have to ask?

Nevermind, researched and found my answer. (Basically we could tell Bama to screw off and take a 15 yd penalty after kickoff every half if we wanted to wear a jersey color they didn’t agree on, or any team for that matter.

That rule is the 2nd dumbest rule in college football.

And just sell the orange pants at a flea market?
I like the orange pants

Me too, as long as they have the white stripes. And the white ones with the orange stripes. I've always hated them wearing practice pants, even when we won a national championship in them.

I am pro orange pants for big games that’s my stance. Every coach is different when it comes to stuff like that. I know a lot of coaches are superstitious about uniforms .

I don’t like the idea of recreating the 90’s with our uniforms. It was a great time to be a Vol fan, but that was then and this is now. The whole “Bama doesn’t change their uniforms, they just win” argument is played out and irrelevant to us. I don’t want to be Oregon, but a little modernized uniform mixed with some tradition isn’t a bad thing either.

I would certainly like to see Orange/White shoes and socks. Orange Pants with double white stripes, white jersey white orange outlined numerals and an Orange helmet with a white face mask and a Power Orange T at Florida this season! GBO!!!

I would love to see orange pants and orange jerseys and orange pants with white jerseys. Not because of luck, good or bad, just because I love the way it looks.

Oh how Id give anything to see us in white pants/orange Jersey and Bama in white pants/maroon Jersey this year. That would be awesome. Especially if we at least gave them a game.

Oh well, no harm in thinking about it.

Last edited:
I would love to see orange pants and orange jerseys and orange pants with white jerseys. Not because of luck, good or bad, just because I love the way it looks.

Oh how Id give anything to see us in orange pants/white Jersey and Bama in white pants/maroon Jersey this year. That would be awesome. Especially if we at least gave them a game.

Oh well, no harm in thinking about it.

I want the orange pants back as well but more than anything I want us to do a color vs color game against Bama

Crb7sX2WYAEv0Pl.jpg

VN Store

Back