UNC "Tarheels" name now Racist

All of these people have wanted for MJ to weigh in on politics for years . Right now would be a perfect time for him to do so and tell everyone that he’s a Tar Heel. Hell I’ve seen him do it on the video boards at Kenan Stadium and in the Smith Center.

Last edited:
Reactions: BUBear
Yeah - to me educated absolutely does not have to mean intelligent. I've understood "educated" to mean a formal education, as in somebody who is "highly educated" has a lot of formal education, or an education from a prestigious school. It could be, but certainly is not always, a marker of actual intelligence. There are ton of people without a formal education who are highly intelligent, and a lot of people with much formal education who I could consider to not be very intelligent.

Your grandfather didn't have a great deal of formal education relative to others, but he wasn't "uneducated" because he was educated in other ways. And he certainly was more intelligent than many people who have a great deal of formal education.
More importantly is that an individuals level of education unfortunately has no bearing on whether they are a moral person and are open to accept that others may have a different opinion or world view on specific subject matters

Reactions: hmhawk
There is a huge difference in not liking to get pulled over and being TERRIFIED but that isn't a reality you have to face everyday.

Ok, I have been pulled over enough to know it sucks and some cops can be diks. Sorry to hear you are terrified every day.

The number of unarmed black drivers killed by police during traffic stops in a year is in single digits. I think one can assume far more than 10 blacks are killed in traffic accidents in a year making driving a much more dangerous activity.
So is that your excuse on why we shouldnt end police Brutality and Have Justice Reform?

Reactions: NashVol11
I thought "Tar Heels" was a term that was invented before the war for people doing certain low status, low paying jobs, then Confederate soldiers from North Carolina adopted the term to mean just that (Confederates from NC). They took a term that already existed, that had no racial meaning, and just applied it to themselves. It's like wanting to change the name of "blitz" in football because Nazis used the term.

This isn’t an especially persuasive point given that you could make the same “no look at the ORIGINAL context!!” argument about swastikas

This isn’t an especially persuasive point given that you could make the same “no look at the ORIGINAL context!!” argument about swastikas
Colin Kapernick and Nike have deemed this flag racist so it's ORIGINAL context is meaningless.
index1.jpg

Because of a gullible media falling hook, line and sinker for the prank of this being a white supremacist gesture, the hundreds of years of this hand position meaning something else is negated because ORIGINAL context doesn't count.
index.jpg

So is that your excuse on why we shouldnt end police Brutality and Have Justice Reform?
I do not think I know anyone who approves of police brutality or disagrees with certain justice reforms. But I do have a problem with gang violence that is being ignored in the major urban areas of this country killing and maiming adults and children. These communities could stop it if they wanted.

I do not think I know anyone who approves of police brutality or disagrees with certain justice reforms. But I do have a problem with gang violence that is being ignored in the major urban areas of this country killing and maiming adults and children. These communities could stop it if they wanted.
blacks don’t seem to have a problem with black in black crime So I guess when it comes to gang violence “Black Lives Don’t Matter”

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
blacks don’t seem to have a problem with black in black crime So I guess when it comes to gang violence “Black Lives Don’t Matter”
I agree with you on the gangs. The only reason they exist in these cities is because the communities allow them to exist.

Just like the boarders and the influx of drugs into this country. One of our political parties found it too profitable to shut down, regardless of the rise in overdose cases in this country

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I doubt many on this board have a stronger dislike for the University of North Carolina than I do. That said, that school is not at all steeped in white supremacy or racism.

Ehhh they had a Confederate monument as a central landmark of their campus until 2 years ago

VN Store

Back