UNC Grad-Transfer 5'11" G Stephanie Watts

I think you take the risk. It’s not like she is taking a players spot we lost scoring and rebounding. Also Kellie plays 10-11 people deep so again she wouldn’t be taking anyone’s minutes or stunting their development
She is healthy now and is a one year player I would definitely take her she would certainly be experience and additional scoring if she remained healthy and if not she is only here one year does not affect your scholarships available after next season.

Not sure about taking on an injured player.
We have had bad recent history with this

I wouldn't read too much into the hearts. It's just a snapchat filter. Id take a chance on a guard with her shooting ability. Watts, Lou, Rennie and Davis would all space the four nicely so Jordan and Zaay can attack the basket. If she wants to come to Tennessee I'd offer her a scholarship. Especially after losing Evina and Mimi

I have no doubt that Kelli will let her fog it up if she can hit the shot!! We will not be an inside first and outside never team now.

Shooting-wise, kinda reminds me of that girl that was a Cheerleader on Holly's bench...
Dunbar.jpg

Except Watts is actually capable of playing at the SEC level because she can do things like playing defense and creating her own shots, which were foreign concepts to the player pictured.

Kellie plays 10-11 people deep so again she wouldn’t be taking anyone’s minutes or stunting their development

That statement makes no logical sense. There are only 200 minutes to go around in a regulation basketball game. By definition, every minute any player gets means there are that many fewer minutes for everyone else.

Except Watts is actually capable of playing at the SEC level because she can do things like playing defense and creating her own shots, which were foreign concepts to the player pictured.
I think my comment stated "Shooting-wise". I made no comment on her other abilities. except cheerleading~

Reactions: sccshortstop
I think my comment stated "Shooting-wise". I made no comment on her other abilities. except cheerleading~
Shooting wise they are not even similar. The player pictured was a spot up shooter who had to be wide open and shot more of a set shot than a jumper. Could not create her own shot. Watts can find space off the dribble, pull up, elevate and shoot a true jump shot.

Reactions: Remy and alexvol
That statement makes no logical sense. There are only 200 minutes to go around in a regulation basketball game. By definition, every minute any player gets means there are that many fewer minutes for everyone else.

It makes total sense when that is what the coach said she plans to do. Have an issue ? Email CKHJ herself.

That’s all I got for ya 😃

Players starting to announce their destinations quickly now as the month of May moves onward we should see that accelerate. All would want to enroll in the summer semester that starts at most schools around the end of May. I am hoping for Watts and one more Grad Transfer to get us to a roster of 13. I don't expect Harris to play much or the freshman from Australia so that would give us the 11 that KJH likes to play. I think her plan is awesome as you want players to go as hard as they can for four or five minutes knowing they can get a couple minutes rest and recoup to go hard again. Hoping we don't see the standing or matador defense we have seen in past season because this team will win big with aggressive play,

Players starting to announce their destinations quickly now as the month of May moves onward we should see that accelerate. All would want to enroll in the summer semester that starts at most schools around the end of May. I am hoping for Watts and one more Grad Transfer to get us to a roster of 13. I don't expect Harris to play much or the freshman from Australia so that would give us the 11 that KJH likes to play. I think her plan is awesome as you want players to go as hard as they can for four or five minutes knowing they can get a couple minutes rest and recoup to go hard again. Hoping we don't see the standing or matador defense we have seen in past season because this team will win big with aggressive play,
Why shouldn’t we expect Harris to play much? Why was she recruited? I’m asking because I’m curious, not to be a jerk. Hoping someone has some insight into her situation.

Reactions: NoBackBoard
Why shouldn’t we expect Harris to play much? Why was she recruited? I’m asking because I’m curious, not to be a jerk. Hoping someone has some insight into her situation.
Exactly, I actually expect her to play more especially with MiMi Collins transferring and Lou returning from a Torn ACL and having to get use to playing again (and for the first time in the SEC) and the other 2 post players (at least right now) being incoming freshman. I think the new coaching staff will find ways to use all of the players to their strengths and mask some of their weaknesses.

I am hoping that Harris will improve with the new coaching and play some meaningful minutes her senior year.
#FreeKamera!

In all seriousness, this is a great opportunity for Kamera. Even if she's just on court to rebound, set some screens and defend the paint. I've always said she's got a great, sturdy body for college basketball. I'd love to see her be more of an impact player, and the transfers/graduations/inexperience of the post players may give her a chance to shine.

Reactions: mlindsay and lvocd
Tennessee has had a few players who ended up finally getting significant, productive minutes in their senior seasons. For the life of me I suddenly can't remember the names of the players -- except for LaToya Davis -- but I do remember that there have been some. Maybe some others can recall names better than me?

I think I remember LaToya because, after having been primarily a role player for her first three seasons, she ended up being (IMO) a primary player in her final year -- her last-second heroics put the Lady Vols into the 2004 NCAA title game.

DAVIS' LAST-SECOND LAYUP LIFTS LADY VOLS TO TITLE GAME - University of Tennessee Athletics

Tennessee has had a few players who ended up finally getting significant, productive minutes in their senior seasons. For the life of me I suddenly can't remember the names of the players -- except for LaToya Davis -- but I do remember that there have been some. Maybe some others can recall names better than me?

I think I remember LaToya because, after having been primarily a role player for her first three seasons, she ended up being (IMO) a primary player in her final year -- her last-second heroics put the Lady Vols into the 2004 NCAA title game.

DAVIS' LAST-SECOND LAYUP LIFTS LADY VOLS TO TITLE GAME - University of Tennessee Athletics

Davis really was the exception. If Harris can provide some quality minutes next season, well that outcome would be a huge boost for the program.

To the earlier question of why she has not played more, KH had to be one of the least prepared players this program has ever signed. As a freshman, the game moved way to fast for her; her overall skill set was very poor; though she had a rep as a shot blocker, she was just too slow in her reaction times to be any kind of defensive presence.

Fast forward to this season, and against the narrative that LVs never improved, she seemed to have much improved court sense and mobility and more composure with the ball. Still a project player but she could become a high energy rebound machine like C. Green and a paint protector. Any point she gives would be gravy but I think she can become a competent back-up to KK

#FreeKamera!

In all seriousness, this is a great opportunity for Kamera. Even if she's just on court to rebound, set some screens and defend the paint. I've always said she's got a great, sturdy body for college basketball. I'd love to see her be more of an impact player, and the transfers/graduations/inexperience of the post players may give her a chance to shine.
Unfortunately she always looks lost on the court and is a complete offensive liability. Maybe she’ll get some development with the new staff

If Kelli plays 10-11 players, I have no problem with her being one of the 10-11.

The main reason I don't think she will play much is that she has no offensive game and your not gonna get very many minutes just for rebounding and defense unless you are really good at both. I think she will be behind KK, Key, and Saunders and that is why I don't expect to play a lot of minutes next season. She could get huge playing time early in the season if we can get some big leads on teams, but in SEC play she will again be way down the depth chart and may get a couple minutes but that is about it.

She was recruited because that was the year that we missed on every recruit and needed someone to add depth to the team. She was a three star recruit and one of the few if not the only one we have ever had on a roster. Holly never developed her offensive game in three seasons and will be tough to get it to anywhere near SEC playing time ability in one off season for any staff.

Reactions: stlvolsfan

VN Store

Back