UNC claims ACC championship despite losing to Va

wmcovol

UNC and Va ties for first at 16-2. Va beat UNC the only game they played each other. UNC has no problem, and rightfully so, claiming their ACC title.

Attachments

• 7485C1D8-ACF7-4354-A9C9-8D4F4493470E.jpeg
    7485C1D8-ACF7-4354-A9C9-8D4F4493470E.jpeg
    414.6 KB · Views: 7
UNC and Va ties for first at 16-2. Va beat UNC the only game they played each other. UNC has no problem, and rightfully so, claiming their ACC title.
How do in-conference BB teams only play one another once? (I suppose the ACC has forty-'leven teams and just can't do the pair of games)

I fail to see the issue here. This is how it usually works in conferences where every team doesn't play each other the same amount of times. The SEC works the same way. Head to head matters in conference tournament seeding but equal record means a split title.

We lost to Auburn last year but we’re still regular season conference champions. That’s how it works

I posted this because several Tennessee fans were questioning 1) why was Tennessee considered a champion last year after losing to Aub and 2) that Ky wouldnt accept one under similar circumstances. I cant speak for Ky but NC sure as hell does!

We lost to Auburn last year but we’re still regular season conference champions. That’s how it works

I posted this because several Tennessee fans were questioning 1) why was Tennessee considered a champion last year after losing to Aub and 2) that Ky wouldnt accept one under similar circumstances. I cant speak for Ky but NC sure as hell does!

Kentucky doesn't have to "accept it", it's SEC rules.

Also, they have accepted it when it happened to them.

Reactions: k-town_king
This isn't news. We've gone over how there can be co-champions in a conference ad nauseam on here.

VN Store

Back