Unbelievable

One point....... UT could have gotten a Tier 1 coach and they did NOT. Probably about the money I assume. It is possible Harper might be ok middle of the pack type coach, but not likely much more. (I sure hope I am wrong!!!) Foolmer failed on this one IMO. I was critical of Holly from her announcement. Kellie might be a slight upgrade, but not a lot IMO.
I guess time will tell. However, the message here is the Lady Vols are not worth the money for a top proven coach! What are they worth? What about a discarded NCSU coach....
Kind of hard to take this seriously when you refer to Coach Fulmer as Foolmer. I mean ....surely you see the influence of your position by just casually throwing that in there. I would strongly suspect your attitude of CPF hinders objectivity but maybe I misread you.

Kind of hard to take this seriously when you refer to Coach Fulmer as Foolmer. I mean ....surely you see the influence of your position by just casually throwing that in there. I would strongly suspect your attitude of CPF hinders objectivity but maybe I misread you.
Not FOOLMER.…………. Phil would be correct. Take a deep breath and relax. These boards can be fun and entertaining. Posts are informative, funny and sometimes correct?? Kelly is an upgrade to Holly. But come on, that was a low bar to hurdle. I Like Kelli, don't think it was the best choice, BUTT hey she is getting her shot and I will support it. I don't have to agree with it.

Reactions: tennrich1
I think the gong the cheaper route on the hiring may have been because according to many the LVBB program loses money every year.

Perhaps you could elaborate on your fact since it has been reported that Wes Moore declined to come back to Tennessee.

Hey, I know for a fact that Kim Mulkey said she would be coach and bring Muffet, Geno, and Walz on as assistants and they would all work for free! But Phil said, "nah. I gotta make the blue hairs happy"

Off to respond to this email from a Nigerian prince, he is going to pay me 5 million dollars to provide my invaluable assistance with a transaction and all he needs is my bank info! SO LUCKY!

Worst whining I've ever seen. Kellie has not even been introduced yet and alot of you have her failing!! She will be a major upgrade from what we had. If you cannot see that, then maybe you should start watching other sports. Give her a chance, geez. I bet her first year she will win more games than was won this year. Any takers? Go Lady Vols!!!!

We here at VolNation excel at whining. Check some back issues regarding basketball officials.

Like what you dream.... But, to say "easy job"???? I think not. There is something about these players (note I did not say team) that seems to spell trouble to me. They seem to me to be too individually centered to mold into a team quickly. Could take a "weeding out and replacing some pieces, which will take some time to get to where you dream about.

Not sure what you mean by "hhhmmmmm". Sparta, like my small country town are TENNESSEE . I am proud and am sure she is too of where she hails from. Don't misunderstand me, I am not "calling you out" for your response, I just don't understand it. As to the song, I think it is a little shallow (not sure if this is the right word, maybe corny is better) for "coach" to be identified with or by it.

My take was at one time Tennessee hired a small town country girl. She was not named Kellie. Give me a minute, it’ll come to me hmmmmmmmmm.

Reactions: EarlVolFan
One point....... UT could have gotten a Tier 1 coach and they did NOT. Probably about the money I assume. It is possible Harper might be ok middle of the pack type coach, but not likely much more. (I sure hope I am wrong!!!) Foolmer failed on this one IMO. I was critical of Holly from her announcement. Kellie might be a slight upgrade, but not a lot IMO.
I guess time will tell. However, the message here is the Lady Vols are not worth the money for a top proven coach! What are they worth? What about a discarded NCSU coach....

And what basketball god informed you that any of your assertions are going to be true? Bottom line we can never know what tier 1 coach would have desired this job. We can never know if any of them if hired would have won more games than the coach CPF selected if they had been hired. Making matter of fact statements on a message board is a very risky proposition if you value general respect from those that will read them. Trusting ones own analysis based on the assumption it is correct can be foolhardy if they result in condescending statements. I do have some confidence that CPF involved better connected and more informed people than posters on this board in his evaluations, so I will go with him.

Hey, I know for a fact that Kim Mulkey said she would be coach and bring Muffet, Geno, and Walz on as assistants and they would all work for free! But Phil said, "nah. I gotta make the blue hairs happy"

Off to respond to this email from a Nigerian prince, he is going to pay me 5 million dollars to provide my invaluable assistance with a transaction and all he needs is my bank info! SO LUCKY!
throw back.gif

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Not FOOLMER.…………. Phil would be correct. Take a deep breath and relax. These boards can be fun and entertaining. Posts are informative, funny and sometimes correct?? Kelly is an upgrade to Holly. But come on, that was a low bar to hurdle. I Like Kelli, don't think it was the best choice, BUTT hey she is getting her shot and I will support it. I don't have to agree with it.
Good response. But just to be clear CPF may be a lot of things but IMO fool would not be one of them. 😀😀

Reactions: Stevebriggs
Like what you dream.... But, to say "easy job"???? I think not. There is something about these players (note I did not say team) that seems to spell trouble to me. They seem to me to be too individually centered to mold into a team quickly. Could take a "weeding out and replacing some pieces, which will take some time to get to where you dream about.

Not sure what you mean by "hhhmmmmm". Sparta, like my small country town are TENNESSEE . I am proud and am sure she is too of where she hails from. Don't misunderstand me, I am not "calling you out" for your response, I just don't understand it. As to the song, I think it is a little shallow (not sure if this is the right word, maybe corny is better) for "coach" to be identified with or by it.
LOVE the hire, I meant it to reflect a great lady from Cheatem(?) co. hhhmmmmm is a sound when you think of something that seems familiar.....Go Lady Vols!

Reactions: savannahfan
Meh. I'm apathetic, which I suppose is part of the problem. If there has to be a Pat Summitt connection to fire up the Lady Vol fanbase, then be prepared to be underwhelmed. If you are a historical top 5 program, then hire top 5 talent to coach your team.

Meh. I'm apathetic, which I suppose is part of the problem. If there has to be a Pat Summitt connection to fire up the Lady Vol fanbase, then be prepared to be underwhelmed. If you are a historical top 5 program, then hire top 5 talent to coach your team.
respectfully, your ignorance of how both parties in a hiring process have to fit perfectly in order to happen is pretty obvious. even the dog shook his head when he read what you wrote.

respectfully, your ignorance of how both parties in a hiring process have to fit perfectly in order to happen is pretty obvious. even the dog shook his head when he read what you wrote.

Respectfully huh? Hide and watch. I suppose theres a contingent of Lady Vol fans that will follow them no matter what. Bama football hired every guy with a connection to Bear that would come and wallowed in mediocrity for most of the 80s and 90s save for Stallings who was actually a TX A&M connection. Saban has no Alabama ties but is in fact.....an outstanding football coach.

I hope Kelly does well, but you cant deny, as ignorant as I might be, that she was the cheap and easy choice.

Back to my other Vols sports that the OP admonished us to.....

Besides Walz, with his underhanded recruiting background, name ONE ‘tier one’ coach that would have come here?

Continuing Pat’s Lady Vol Legacy was obviously important to our new freshman class and their parents, who have all signed on with Kellie. Looks like Fulmer made a smart hire to continue that legacy and not tie a $10 million financial commitment around the athletic department’s budget.

I’m excited about the future of Lady Vol Basketball for the first time in many years.

you think "continuing Pat's Lady Vol Legacy" is important to new freshmen and parents?

I hope Kelly does well, but you cant deny, as ignorant as I might be, that she was the cheap and easy choice.
Amigo.... seriously now.... do you in your wildest pipe dreams think that Fulmer could have hired
any of the so-called top tier coaches away from their current well established contracts and programs ?
Are you saying Fulmer said no to Geno, Muffet, Mulkey, or Kelly Graves just to make the
"cheap and easy choice" ???? Sometimes there are just no words .......

Many people believe (me included) that when all is said and done... FULMER HIRED THE RIGHT COACH. over and out. enjoy your "apathy".

Amigo.... seriously now.... do you in your wildest pipe dreams think that Fulmer could have hired
any of the so-called top tier coaches away from their current well established contracts and programs ?
Are you saying Fulmer said no to Geno, Muffet, Mulkey, or Kelly Graves just to make the
"cheap and easy choice" ???? Sometimes there are just no words .......

Many people believe (me included) that when all is said and done... FULMER HIRED THE RIGHT COACH. over and out. enjoy your "apathy".

Thanks. I will.

Besides Walz, with his underhanded recruiting background, name ONE ‘tier one’ coach that would have come here?

Continuing Pat’s Lady Vol Legacy was obviously important to our new freshman class and their parents, who have all signed on with Kellie. Looks like Fulmer made a smart hire to continue that legacy and not tie a $10 million financial commitment around the athletic department’s budget.

I’m excited about the future of Lady Vol Basketball for the first time in many years.

Could you give us specific instances where Walz has done anything wrong other than beat us? I dont want to hear " we think" "someone said" or any BS like that. Im serious.

He was my first pick and still say he was the best person for the job. He just put three kids in the draft tonight and two of them had to have developed after they got there to this status. His team was a top teams all year.

We cant beat Vandy and were embarrassed all season long. Coaches staff fighting in front of the players, crazy locker room crap that you cant make up and you talk about Walz? Im waiting.

Kellie Jolly Harper is not just a cheap choice. She is a good choice. Folks who believe the LV's could have gotten one of the so-called top coaches are living in Fantasy Land. No so-called Tier-1 coach wanted the job (despite claims to the contrary there is no evidence Walz was interested). Face it, those coaches are building their own legacies. Pat's shadow (she won't be replaced as a Vol legend) and fan expectations still loom large at UT. That hurts the program despite the facilities and resources that are available. So, basically ADPF pared down a list of names to those that were interested and available. He obviously felt among the good ones, Kellie was the best. Get on board. Best of luck coach and GO Lady Vols!

VN Store

Back