Unbelievable amount of tickets for sale 2nd hand

What about the 6 year old, 8 year old that will never get to see them run through the T unless their parents are loaded?

Those are the ones I feel for.
I saw my first 2 games at 16 because my uncle took me. Saw my first SEC game at 20 and it was because I got cheap tickets to Mizzou in 2012. Was able to get some decent games due to Mini plans for a couple years. Now I'm almost priced out of going to Neyland altogether for any decent game. The whole trip to New Orleans/Baton Rouge plus tickets was cheaper than tickets to the Florida game.

EDIT: Not asking for pity. Just relating.

Last edited:
Been a season ticket holder for years. Last year I only went to the Florida and Alabama games. This year on out it will be a TV venue for me. Tired of the long lines and 4 minute TV timeouts. Especially in hot or freezing weather.

With the advent of 75 and 85 inch tvs, it is so much easier to just watch the game and then get it on with your day. It’s one thing if you live in Knoxville but the drive from Nashville to Neyland seems to get worse every year.

With the advent of 75 and 85 inch tvs, it is so much easier to just watch the game and then get it on with your day. It’s one thing if you live in Knoxville but the drive from Nashville to Neyland seems to get worse every year.
My wife gets jealous when I get it on with my day.

Reactions: J C Higgins and NEO
I would feel sorry for you but UT raised the annual contribution on my seats (4 on the 40 that I've had since 1989) from $1500 a year to $46,000 a year. That wasn't the secondary market, that was UT.
So, do we start NIL for middle class fans? Or will everyone be responsible for their own GoFundMe page?

Businesses will buy them up. Everyone wants to be associated with a winner--especially an entertaining winner.

As long as the profits go back into the UTAD budget, I guess I'll find satisfaction in fond remembrances of my last trip to Neyland back in '85, back when the hoi polloi could attend games.

Reactions: Butch Deadlift
1) don’t feel sorry for me, feel sorry for those that had the vol pass and won’t get the cheaper tickets this year
2) oof that’s a gut punch.
Yep. Love UT, but there's not 4 seats in that stadium or any other that is worth 46k per annum. Even with inflation, it's hard to believe UT could get that kind of money for 4 seats.

Reactions: A.J.
I would feel sorry for you but UT raised the annual contribution on my seats (4 on the 40 that I've had since 1989) from $1500 a year to $46,000 a year. That wasn't the secondary market, that was UT.

I must be missing something here.....seems like an extra zero added....from the UTK Fund site

LOWER WEST CLUB COST
  • Annual Cost: $4,600/seat + Tax
  • Click here to view the costs and amenities of all football premium areas!
  • Ticket prices do not include state and local sales tax and city amusement tax. Total taxes equate to 13.75% of a ticket price and are added to the ticket price at the time of purchase.

I must be missing something here.....seems like an extra zero added....from the UTK Fund site

LOWER WEST CLUB COST
  • Annual Cost: $4,600/seat + Tax
  • Click here to view the costs and amenities of all football premium areas!
  • Ticket prices do not include state and local sales tax and city amusement tax. Total taxes equate to 13.75% of a ticket price and are added to the ticket price at the time of purchase.

I'm just telling you what they told me my four seats would cost. Believe me there are multiple emails back and forth with my incredulous questions. The total was $46,000.

The worst part is the renovations didn't get to my row (27).

This is correct. These companies will sell you a promised section then figure out how to get the tickets later.

The best time to shop for tickets is closer to the season and game. People will hold them until the last minute hoping for a big payday, then drop the price when the deadline to ship or transfer runs out, sometimes resulting in less than face prices. If it's not a huge game (ie Georgia), there will be tickets available, but you have to be patient.
Applies to any ticketed event, go on and book your accommodations and make plans as needed, and be of the mind set to play chicken with the sellers. Their inventory is worthless at kickoff so take it to the wire.

Reactions: VOLfrombama
I'm just telling you what they told me my four seats would cost. Believe me there are multiple emails back and forth with my incredulous questions. The total was $46,000.

The worst part is the renovations didn't get to my row (27).
dayum

Yep. Love UT, but there's not 4 seats in that stadium or any other that is worth 46k per annum. Even with inflation, it's hard to believe UT could get that kind of money for 4 seats.

Think he meant 4600 per seat. New west club or not. People not paying 46k for skyboxes so not sure what happened

Think he meant 4600 per seat. New west club or not. People not paying 46k for skyboxes so not sure what happened
I was in for over 10K for the terrace until the Dooley years took their toll on my support and I relinquished them. My family was part of the Pie In The Sky program before that. I surrendered those seats for the terrace. 46K is insane. WBO confirmed the 46K number from UT. Did I say "insane"? More like obscene.

What about the 6 year old, 8 year old that will never get to see them run through the T unless their parents are loaded?

Those are the ones I feel for.
I get it but the games are a luxury, not a right. Pick a lesser game and get in for 50 bucks, prices are only high now. Unless UT goes undefeated they'll come down dramatically

Reactions: KptVFL
I was in for over 10K for the terrace until the Dooley years took their toll on my support and I relinquished them. My family was part of the Pie In The Sky program before that. I surrendered those seats for the terrace. 46K is insane. WBO confirmed the 46K number from UT. Did I say "insane"? More like obscene.
46,000? No way. It's 4600. I can buy a small house in Pulaski Va for 46,000.

46,000? No way. It's 4600. I can buy a small house in Pulaski Va for 46,000.
I thought it was an extra 0 to begin with as well hence my shock emoji reply. Then he came back and confirmed the number. Got no reason to doubt him. Still, a house in Pulaski, VA for 46k? No chit....er...does it have indoor plumbing for 46K?

I get it but the games are a luxury, not a right. Pick a lesser game and get in for 50 bucks, prices are only high now. Unless UT goes undefeated they'll come down dramatically

Trust me. I'm a capitalist through and through. Still have empathy for folks

VN Store

Back