UK win should earn Vols the Gator Bowl

I know so many seem to want a bowl ban this season, but the results of the internal investigation have yet to be submitted to the NCAA. Based on the time the NCAA has needed to reach conclusions over decades of past investigations, I can't see them reviewing that and reaching a decision in under 6 YEARS.
FYP

True and equally how healthy UK is at that time. Currently, UK has two starting D-linemen and their 2nd best receiver out. UT will be coming off a bye week before going to Lexington. That can only help.

UKs health doesn’t really matter. If Hooker, Evans and the Mays are healthy, UK stands almost no chance at beating us.

I'm all for optimism, but a lot of you may be really disappointed. Kentucky is not a given win by any means. Even if we are healthy, they will probably be favored at home. We will be very fortunate to win. The days of just showing up and winning are long gone - at least for the time being.

I’ll save that for the pick ‘em
lol, afraid someone will steal it?
It will be a good matchup, TN O vs UK D. TN offense is clicking and this week will be a good test. Bama’s D isn’t as dominant as it has been and TN should be able to move the ball. I actually like UK’s defense better. When picking your score, UK has only given up 30 points or more once in the last 9 games, that being to GA. TN can score 30, but it depends on stopping UK’s rushing attack (SEC leading rusher), they like to eat the clock. Will UT have enough chances to score 30?

With the expected two losses to Bama and UGA and the expected two wins over SAlabama and Vandy, UK is our final tossup game. Beating UK and What would a 7-5 record get us?
I think we go back to the Gator Bowl.
They love us in Jacksonville knowing we will bring about 40,000 fans.
If we lose to UK and finish 6-6, I think we stay in state and go bowling in Memphis or Nashville.
If...IF...we're healthy, we have a great shot to pull an upset vs UK. As you pointed out, Bama and UGA are extreme longshots given our injury situation. With that in mind, I really hope Heupel is smart about this and rests the injured players vs Bama. Keep the overall season in mind. No one expects wins against the 2 best teams in the country. Yeah, miracles do happen, but in this case, the smart play is to keep Hooker, Evans and the Mayes boys on the sidelines along with any other player needing some down time. Take your lumps and give some of the younger guys some real game experience. Get ready for the UK game which likely will now be the most important game of the season. Yeah, I expect some to get on to me for waving the white flag, but it's like chess. You have to sacrifice some pieces with an eye on the end game.

If Vols drop opening series punt or other self destructive plays, they are toast. They have to execute flawlessly to win in Lexington. Florida found that out.

If I were the AD I'd hold a presser and self impose a bowl ban if the team goes 5-7 or worse.

If I’m Danny White and I still think the NCAA might levy penalties against us(they shouldn’t) I might just go ahead and self impose a one year bowl ban.
Nah, they won't do that to the kids that stuck it out this year and gave this new administration and coaching staff a chance. Need to be like UNC or make NCAA levy the sanction, and then tell them no thanks.

Nah, they won't do that to the kids that stuck it out this year and gave this new administration and coaching staff a chance. Need to be like UNC or make NCAA levy the sanction, and then tell them no thanks.
Or LSU basketball. Yes, we paid players, so what?

VN Store

Back