UK fans ripping on Neyland

I was there in 2007 for the overtime game and last time we sniffed the SEC title game. Honestly, it’s tiny compared to most college stadiums but it’s not bad. I sat right behind the Tennessee bench in Kentucky territory. Other than a few good natured jabs, for the most part the fans were fine too. I always hope we beat Kentucky but we’ve only lost to them twice in my lifetime so it’s hard for me to “hate” them the same way that I do Florida, Georgia or Alabama.

I should note though that I thought that I wasn’t going to get out alive because they were for sure about to rush the field had Seiber made that FG.
I've always lived very close to areas with a fairly large UK fan base. My experiences with UK fans and football, except for a few knowledgeable supporters, usually ends with them bragging about their basketball tradition. Then I remind them that UK lost an entire basketball season (1953) due to NCAA violations and that really gets them. While I agree with you about Florida and Alabama, Kentucky to me must be like Georgia to you.

Reactions: rocketskates
I have to agree with some of the statements, but the positive is maybe the Big blue fans will just stay home.

I've always lived very close to areas with a fairly large UK fan base. My experiences with UK fans and football, except for a few knowledgeable supporters, usually ends with them bragging about their basketball tradition. Then I remind them that UK lost an entire basketball season (1953) due to NCAA violations and that really gets them. While I agree with you about Florida and Alabama, Kentucky to me must be like Georgia to you.

Could be different living around them. I had my USMC hat on at that game so maybe being a veteran they cut me some slack lol.

Reactions: HollowaytoSeivers
LOL, I saw the name of their forum and I thought it said "CASTRATED"!!!

Could be different living around them. I had my USMC hat on at that game so maybe being a veteran they cut me some slack lol.
Thank you for your service. My nephew is stationed at Camp Pendleton, Golf Company/Joker 2nd Platoon. Just returned to the states after a six month deployment to Australia.

Reactions: rocketskates
Thank you for your service. My nephew is stationed at Camp Pendleton, Golf Company/Joker 2nd Platoon. Just returned to the states after a six month deployment to Australia.

That’s awesome. Never made it out to Pendleton or Australia but thank you for your support and tell him Semper Fi and stay safe!

The irony of folks who play their basketball in Rupp Arena trashing anyone's football stadium.

Reactions: jbeeman85
I sat in HH once for a FL game and didn't move the whole game. The pitch of the seats messed with me and I avoid that part of the stadium now. That said...being at Neyland stadium for a Tennessee football game is one of my all time favorite places to be.

GBO!!!
:cool:

Reactions: feathersax
Yeah to be fair Neyland is a bit of a dump.

For all the money this schools makes and how great our other facilities are our stadium should be nicer.

Reactions: knoxvol16
How many seats would it remove to go to only chair backs?

I’m have no concern for the bathrooms, concession stands and walk ways. I’ve always been able to get in and out, get a pizza or a hot dog and take a leak(When taking the kids it would have been nice to have more family restrooms or more changing tables.).

VN Store

Back