Ugas Next Qb

Fadeproof

Resident Dawg Genius
Friday the 13th: Lucky Day for Dawgs
By Scott Kennedy Scout.com - South
Date: May 13, 2005

Matthew Stafford who is the front runner for the Scout.com #1 quarterback in the country made his commitment at a press conference today. It was widely speculated that Stafford would choose between the Home State Texas Longhorns and the Georgia Bulldogs who had some ties of their own.

Matthew Stafford who is the front runner for the Scout.com #1 quarterback in the country made his commitment at a press conference today. It was widely speculated that Stafford would choose between the Home State Texas Longhorns and the Georgia Bulldogs who had some ties of their own.

Matthew Stafford announced at his press conference today that he will be a part of the Georgia Bulldog Class of 2006. Stafford is a front runner for Scout.com's #1 ranked quarterback position in the entire country, and he has been a prime target of the Georgia staff for several months.

Stafford is doubly valuable because he plans on graduating from school early in order to enroll for bowl practice and spring drills. With the extra preparation, he will be able to throw his name in the hat for playing time early in his career and maybe as soon as next year's 2006 season.

Stafford has put up huge numbers already in his career. As a sophomore he had 3,180 yards and 38 touchdowns. As a junior he managed to put up over 1,800 yards and 18 touchdowns.

This should end Georgia's recruitment of a drop back style of quarterback this year, although Georgia is still very interested in other players including quarterback/athlete Jarred Fayson.

Never a for sure until he signs the papers.. just ask Chris Leak or Chris Sims.

Seriously though, sounds like a nice pick up fade. Congrats to your Dawgs.

Yea' for sure nice commitment! What are the chances that if he does sign with the dawgs, that he may start right away? Im not real up on their depth.

well, you made sure that the fine denizens of volnation (and tennessee.scout) message boards know that you just picked up a nice recruit. can i pee myself now or later? make sure you let the boys over at volquest know.

Chill dude, he's one of the few classy dawg fans that there are. We don't want to run him off.

Congrats on your recruit!

Yah, no dissin' the Fademeister!

Congrats on the commit. . . . methinks we weren't really in the hunt for him with our upteen-jillion gunslingers we already have (or had -- looks like one may be headed south. . . .)

hey, nothing personal fade, ol buddy. i am originally from ktown, but most of my people live in metro atlanta. i get to hear a lot about the bulldogs, if ya know what i mean...

Originally posted by vol_freak@May 13, 2005 4:34 PM
Never a for sure until he signs the papers.. just ask Chris Leak or Chris Sims.

Seriously though, sounds like a nice pick up fade. Congrats to your Dawgs.
[snapback]93461[/snapback]​

He is 100% UGA.

Sister, girlfriend go there...

I thought FSU was #2 but he didnt even mention them in a recent article

hey, nothing personal fade, ol buddy. i am originally from ktown, but most of my people live in metro atlanta. i get to hear a lot about the bulldogs, if ya know what i mean...

Yeah LAY OFF ME. Just kidding I know its all in jest. Im just excited that we are finally able to recruit nationally and pull in some big names.

Looks like he will be competing for playing time in 2006 with Jo Teresinski III Blake Barnes and Joe Cox for playing time. Man its a good time to be a DAWG.

VN Store

Back