UGA fans upset after news of Mays leaving.

Everyone around me was so "happy" Chaney left because he held them back. That's why they couldn't win it all. *but they will this year 😂😂😂

They are kinda like the little engine that never could.

There is a story about taking the prom queen home but this is a family-friendly forum so I will just leave it right there.

I think most are aware he flipped after Butch left but it was mostly because of the total s**t show that was happening with Schiano, etc that posters are referring to. With Pruitt just coming in, never having been a head coach, there was no way CM knew what he was getting or who would be coaching. I cant blame him for that. One of the very top recruits in the country who is looking to get paid on Sundays cant take those risks.

Now with his brother here, Chaney here and Pruitt seemed to have turned the culture around, hiring top coaches and the program stabilizing with upward momentum, it makes more sense to jump. So much less risk now committing to UT than in Dec of 17.

I just keep seeing posts saying stuff making it out like it was butch’s fault he went to uga, when that’s actually not the case at all. That’s all I was pointing out.

Kennedy gets a sixth season, Trey coming back for his senior year, Cade coming in at least for two seasons sometime down the road. Were really looking great at OL.
Things are setting up nicely for HB for the next few years. Our offense will again become one of the best in the SEC and the Nation. With the defense getting better each year, we are on our way back to the top in the SEC and therefore the Nation.

Why did he pick Ga? He was "committed" to UT for a long time.
I heard on VN the Mays family was close to Butch and Mays decommitted right before Butch was fired because they knew it was soon to happen. Also the “F” UT was directed at the part of the fan base who were wanting Butch fired. He wanted no part of TN in the few weeks after this when Fulmer/Pruitt were trying to flip him back. I’m not an insider, just some of the details posted on VN over time.

Last edited:
I heard on VN the Mays family was close to Butch and Mays decommitted right before Butch was fired because they knew it was soon to happen. Also the “F” UT was directed at the part of the fan base who were wanting Butch fired. He wanted no part of TN in the few weeks after this when Fulmer/Pruitt were trying to flip him back. I’m not an insider, just some of the details posted in VN over time.
Thanks.. It's easy to get the perception that along about that time, things were happening with the team. Again.. we are in the blind on what is happening in the inside. My perception was that Butch had mislead some guys and their parents on positions and roles and some of his promises were unraveling as the season was crashing and burning. My perception was that in the long run, this is what steered Mays away from UT. In a roundabout way, it eventually was Butch, because his house of cards crashed down about the same time, but if what you are saying is true, the Mays didn't find fault with Butch for this.

edit:
And the part that apparently ticked him off - that being the fanbase wanting Butch to be fired. That ultimately was a good call, and in hindsight, the Mays family appears to have come to understand that. The fact that little brother committed is testament to that. Timing is everything.

Last edited:

Everything I ever heard or read said that mays was really tight with butch, and news of butchs firing pushed him away from the vols. Pruitt and Fulmer tried to come in and mend the fences but it didn’t work. Butch is to blame for many things, but not mays picking uga.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I can guarantee you that Cade hasn't been the only one to utter the words "f@&$ Tennessee " in the last 10 years. Many on here quit the Vols or swear to anyway, especially after a loss. Its like watching lemmings jumping off a cliff into the sea.

He was an 18 yo kid that made an emotional reaction to a messed up situation. As long as he helps us get back to relevance, I could care less what was said becuse it's in the past. There is a reason the rear view mirror is so small and the windshield is so large. You're supposed to look forward and not spend all your time looking back.

Welcome to Rocky Top Cade!!

I heard on VN the Mays family was close to Butch and Mays decommitted right before Butch was fired because they knew it was soon to happen. Also the “F” UT was directed at the part of the fan base who were wanting Butch fired. He wanted no part of TN in the few weeks after this when Fulmer/Pruitt were trying to flip him back. I’m not an insider, just some of the details posted on VN over time.

Chances are the families were sort of tight. Didn't CBJ have a kid at Knox Catholic when Cade was playing there? All the trashing of Jones on his way out may have had an effect on Cade, I don't know that, but just speculate it could have been a factor. Lots of kids and people are loyal to a fault. One of my kids was like that at birth and still is to this day, would rather go down with a friend than save his own hide even if the friend is in the wrong.

It is a really odd decision if it turns out he has to sit a year...seeing as he has pro aspirations. Welcome aboard though.

I always refer to UGA as the deuce. Nobody is better at coming in second.
I would say they’re definitely number two.

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere but has he redshirted at UGA? Will he rs next year at UT if the appeal is denied?
Why would he red shirt next year?

Well, I don't know about ya'll...but I sure mumbled a few bad things under my breath during the bowl game, being down 22-9

Welcome home...you better not use f in the same sentence as TN again. GBO!!
Broke the all time record for WTF.

Do you remember what was going on here when he chose UGA? They were on the way up, we were in a death spiral.

They have a bunch of lowlife fans wishing him injury. If someone on their forums wished him well I didn't see it. Tennessee lives in their heads for sure lol. I know a lot of people here were mad when he chose Georgia the way he did it but I don't recall anyone wishing him injury. Wow! As a fan base they're not worthy of any championship. I just hope and pray we get our offensive chaos straightened out next season and get this ship steaming full speed ahead.

I heard there's a video out there of Cade Mays saying F#$# Tennessee.

If that's true why do we want him here?

I wouldn't want a guy like that on my team.

Definitely won't be a good look for him when NFL teams dig for info about him and find this. This will already hurt his draft stock.

I heard there's a video out there of Cade Mays saying F#$# Tennessee.

If that's true why do we want him here?

I wouldn't want a guy like that on my team.

Definitely won't be a good look for him when NFL teams dig for info about him and find this. This will already hurt his draft stock.
I want him on the team because he will tremendously raise the quality of the offensive line.. Go root for another team if you can't back Cade Mays at Tennessee!

173309-0c41bda5468f974d75533de81dd0dcd0.jpg

I want him on the team because he will tremendously raise the quality of the offensive line.. Go root for another team if you can't back Cade Mays at Tennessee!

If he said F Tennessee then I don't want him here. F him. I will not back a guy like that. And I will never root for another team.

Reactions: Tombo7

VN Store

Back