UGA fans upset after news of Mays leaving.

Hey, something happened today that reminded me of my favorite word.

Schadenfreude-
Schadenfreude (/ˈʃɑːdənfrɔɪdə/; German: [ˈʃaːdn̩ˌfʁɔʏ̯də]; literally 'harm-joy') is the experience of pleasure, joy, or self-satisfaction that comes from learning of or witnessing the troubles, failures, or humiliation of another.
In the true spirit of Schadenfreude, the "other" must deserve it (for any number of reasons). Therefore, concerning UGA, richly deserved.

Who really cares what Jawja fans think?

The only reason they got him was because we had Butch and then almost hired Schitano. Who the hell was going to want to sign with Tennessee under those circumstances? CJP and his staff didn't have a chance by the time they got here.

They got two years of him and now he's going to where he wanted to go all along, now that he can see that UT has a freaking clue as a program for the first time in over a decade.

Met a woman yesterday whose son is a Special Teams QC guy for Ga. In their office, they were lamenting Fromm leaving for the NFL but apparently had not heard about Mays entering the portal. I broke the news to her. She vanished for a few minutes (apparently to check her phone for info). She returned and mentioned the part about Kevin Mays suing Georgia for his finger. One woman said "if he goes to Tennessee then I just feel sorry for him". Another GA guy said that he didn't understand the move as it could easily backfire on him (not be eligible to play 2020). This is the guy who told me recently that the reason Georgia didn't recruit Bailey was because he wasn't good at escaping the pocket and that he was glad to lose Chaney because he wasn't any good. He said Kirby didn't try to keep him. lol

Met a woman yesterday whose son is a Special Teams QC guy for Ga. In their office, they were lamenting Fromm leaving for the NFL but apparently had not heard about Mays entering the portal. I broke the news to her. She vanished for a few minutes (apparently to check her phone for info). She returned and mentioned the part about Kevin Mays suing Georgia for his finger. One woman said "if he goes to Tennessee then I just feel sorry for him". Another GA guy said that he didn't understand the move as it could easily backfire on him (not be eligible to play 2020). This is the guy who told me recently that the reason Georgia didn't recruit Bailey was because he wasn't good at escaping the pocket and that he was glad to lose Chaney because he wasn't any good. He said Kirby didn't try to keep him. lol
Just like anytime they lose a recruit to someone they didn’t want him anyway. There is no fan base I despise more than UGA

Everyone around me was so "happy" Chaney left because he held them back. That's why they couldn't win it all. *but they will this year 😂😂😂

Our fans often do the same stuff . . . trash a player when he decides to move on to another destination. Sometimes it's warranted, most of the time it isn't.

In this case, I hope it works out for Cade and for us. He should have come to Knoxville in the first place. GO VOLS!

Our fans often do the same stuff . . . trash a player when he decides to move on to another destination. Sometimes it's warranted, most of the time it isn't.

I don't know, what I've mostly seen the VN regulars do in the five years I've been here is wish a lad well when he chooses to transfer. Sure, there will be one or two who comment about the player being recruited over, but the vast majority are wishing the fella luck at his next stop.

First one I recall was Vic Wharton to Cal. Also Drew Richmond to USC. There were others, of course, just can't recall the names off the top of my head. Largely polite farewells, each time.

That's how it has seemed to me, anyway. Don't think all fan bases are the same in this regard, after all.

Now go back and see what people on volnation said about him when he signed with uga.
tenor.gif

I don't know, what I've mostly seen the VN regulars do in the five years I've been here is wish a lad well when he chooses to transfer. Sure, there will be one or two who comment about the player being recruited over, but the vast majority are wishing the fella luck at his next stop.

First one I recall was Vic Wharton to Cal. Also Drew Richmond to USC. There were others, of course, just can't recall the names off the top of my head. Largely polite farewells, each time.

That's how it has seemed to me, anyway. Don't think all fan bases are the same in this regard, after all.

Yeah, we might be a bit better than most (I don't frequent other team's message boards, though). But we do a lot "sour grapes" stuff, especially in lost recruiting battles . . . just like any other fan base. It's healthy to acknowledge that before we get too indignant when seeing/commenting on such behavior from other teams. Overall, you are right. VolNation tends to be a pretty good group the vast majority of the time.

Who really cares what Jawja fans think?

The only reason they got him was because we had Butch and then almost hired Schitano. Who the hell was going to want to sign with Tennessee under those circumstances? CJP and his staff didn't have a chance by the time they got here.

They got two years of him and now he's going to where he wanted to go all along, now that he can see that UT has a freaking clue as a program for the first time in over a decade.

Not sure why people keep saying this, but he was committed to the vols from 2015-2018 under butch jones. He only decommitted after jones was fired. Pruitt and Fulmer met with mays, but he wasn’t listening and then went to uga shortly after.

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere but has he redshirted at UGA? Will he rs next year at UT if the appeal is denied?

Not sure why people keep saying this, but he was committed to the vols from 2015-2018 under butch jones. He only decommitted after jones was fired. Pruitt and Fulmer met with mays, but he wasn’t listening and then went to uga shortly after.

I think most are aware he flipped after Butch left but it was mostly because of the total s**t show that was happening with Schiano, etc that posters are referring to. With Pruitt just coming in, never having been a head coach, there was no way CM knew what he was getting or who would be coaching. I cant blame him for that. One of the very top recruits in the country who is looking to get paid on Sundays cant take those risks.

Now with his brother here, Chaney here and Pruitt seemed to have turned the culture around, hiring top coaches and the program stabilizing with upward momentum, it makes more sense to jump. So much less risk now committing to UT than in Dec of 17.

How did that work out for them. Their offensive shortcomings this year was national news considering the talent they had.

Reactions: OrangeFrog
Well, I don't know about ya'll...but I sure mumbled a few bad things under my breath during the bowl game, being down 22-9

Welcome home...you better not use f in the same sentence as TN again. GBO!!

Last edited:

Yes, I think for most part, this is true, but I can't totally say, because of my ignore list.

As for Drew Richmond to USC. We wished him well, but there was one guy here, can't remember who, that had a post I enjoyed a lot. (paraphasing) "Hope USC's OC has a good playbook for 1st and 15". Classic.

VN Store

Back