UFC 189 - July 11th @ 10PM ET

Mendes wasn't in top form. Not to take anything away from McG because he finished him in 2. He showed real grit.

You didn't see?

McG started out with some fancy striking but then Mendes just took him down for about 7 straight minutes and pounded him.

McG got up with like 25" left in the 2nd and finished him off with strikes. Mendes looked totally gassed.

Whoa... McGreggor is Irish?

I figured he was more Kid Rock. Looks like he walked out of an Alabama trailer park if you're sizing him up based on appearance. I'm shocked...

Whoa... McGreggor is Irish?

I figured he was more Kid Rock. Looks like he walked out of an Alabama trailer park if you're sizing him up based on appearance. I'm shocked...

How are you just now becoming aware of this?

McG started out with some fancy striking but then Mendes just took him down for about 7 straight minutes and pounded him.

That's my issue. If this is real, then what? Mendes literally just kind of tried to wander off when he was up at the cage. He didn't even try to dodge out of there or scramble, he just turned his head and took a step the other way while getting "sucker punched". Not really a sucker punch obviously, but it's like he got blindsided because he wasn't trying to do anything other than walk away. And after destroying him on the floor, when they stood back up and traded... you could tell he was going to lose if he stayed standing. The fact that it happened right in the final 30 seconds of the fight, I don't know.

Also, now I know Mendes is dumb.

"Greatest fight of all-time".... no wonder he got up immediately after being "dropped" and hugged McGreggor like he doesn't even care. Does he even know what planet he's on? Greatest fight ever... lol. Funny guy he is.

You know that guy would literally stomp your face through the ground for accusing him of taking a dive, right?

I wanna see him vs Aldo and then that winner defends against winner of Edgar and Mendes.

The new Reebok team gear is wack. Looks like leftovers Reebok had from the 1992 Olympics.

McGregor got completely exposed. I realize that he was training for a different style of fighter, but his guard is soft and had Mendes had better cardio, which I could wrongly be assuming caused him to get tagged, he would have destroyed him. McGegor looks good standing up, but even then, he fights with his hands down and that is just dumb. He is a phenomenal athlete, though. Maybe he will become a more well rounded fighter after Mendes had his way with him. His crying after the fight pretty much tells the story. He knows he barely escaped death.

Last edited:
I was kinda mocking TOP for hinting that the fight was rigged, but my neighbor who has fought in the cage and is a McG fan said he thought it had a fixed feel to it.

He doesn't believe that Mendes would be gassed. I don't get that opinion. With that being said, I wouldn't be too shocked if the ref was asked to end it early if possible, and he was a little quick to call it.

McGregor showed his vulnerabilities in that fight. Extremely poor wrestling and ground techniques, and his dropped hands are going to be a major issue against a striker like Aldo.

I don't think McGregor wins the fight if Mendes had a full camp and better conditioning. A bit alarming for a division champion to be that sub par in his ground game.

I think McG is a good matchup for Aldo. As good as anyone. That gives him nearly a year to work on his wrestling defense before he potentially would defend title against Edgar or Mendes.

I don't like fighters who talk so much. I didn't like Sonnen. I don't like McGregor. The thing that gets to me the most though, and the main reason I want to see him lose, are his idiotic fans. Any time you get on an MMA message board, there are multiple new threads about him, and the majority of them are ridiculous. I see so many people refer to him as the GOAT or talk about how he could go to highly weight classes and beat the top fighters. Surely they don't believe what they are saying. I'm just ready for someone to derail this hype train.

I like talkers who back it up, either with heart or with winning.

Nate Diaz isn't the best, but he's so tough I love his trash-talking and it's real. It's not fight-promotion. He just hates dudes.

The Hassan guy on this season of TUF was such a big talker. My perception of him at the beginning of the season was he was a douche. But after calling out their entire team, he went 3-0 against them in 16 days. The rest of his team went 2-7 the entire season. Dude earned my respect and he can talk as much as he wants.

VN Store

Back