UF WR Justin Shorter

yet Cade Mays.....
Sankey and SEC offices holding Cade up. Don’t and never have liked SEC players transferring in conference to in-division teams. Would be shocked if Sankey approves it and Cade plays this year.

Van Jefferson was an in conference transfer that got immediate eligibility...

He got to go with the Coach who (at MSU) did Bama/NCAA's dirtywork to bring Ole Miss down
Ole Miss is in west division. Georgia is in East division. There’s the difference.

Ole Miss is in west division. Georgia is in East division. There’s the difference.

Plus I think Ole Miss was on probation from the Hugh Freeze fiasco at the time which played a role in their transfers getting immediate eligibility elsewhere.

Plus I think Ole Miss was on probation from the Hugh Freeze fiasco at the time which played a role in their transfers getting immediate eligibility elsewhere.

Only if Ole Miss had a TV or postseason ban his senior season, which wasn't the case. Mullen did Bama a solid by doing all the dirty work to bring down Freeze/Ole Miss and the SEC office helped navigate Van's request through NCAA channels as a reward.

Reactions: Jaws
Well ole miss also just received sanctions and the HC was fired for cause. If the Mays situation was the same as Jefferson’s he’d be eligible.

You can transfer without penalty if sanctions do not allow you to participate in postseason play for your senior season. That was not the case here. I'm not even arguing that the NCAA was wrong in their decision, it's just ANOTHER example of the SEC and NCAA office disregarding precedent to choose winners and losers

You can transfer without penalty if sanctions do not allow you to participate in postseason play for your senior season. That was not the case here. I'm not even arguing that the NCAA was wrong in their decision, it's just ANOTHER example of the SEC and NCAA office disregarding precedent to choose winners and losers
Pretty sure they let any player recruited by freeze transfer without sitting. I honestly can’t think of any player that transferred in conference in the SEC and was granted immediate eligibility that wasn’t a grad transfer or had some sort of exigent circumstances. Cox just sat out a year at UF.

Only if Ole Miss had a TV or postseason ban his senior season, which wasn't the case. Mullen did Bama a solid by doing all the dirty work to bring down Freeze/Ole Miss and the SEC office helped navigate Van's request through NCAA channels as a reward.
It doesn’t matter which season you’re in if you get that waiver.

What many fail to realize is, Justin Shorter’s horrific stats at Penn State is all the proof you need to know he’ll never make a play for UF.

Ever.
I’m sure he’ll recover a Kyle Trask fumble and run it in for Touchdown to beat the VOLS at the gun. Only stat of the season.

Mullen says Justin Shorter has a great attitude, works hard, has speed, can make explosive plays down the field. Also said he's a great, physical blocker. "He understands the importance of the complete game."

"He's going to be an impact player for us."

VN Store

Back