UConn series continuing?

It's early, but you can tell from watching her that she's not your typical freshman. She's just such a smooth player. Even in a game like last night where her shot was falling, she never lost composure and was mentally in it from start to finish. She's going to be a great player for sure, and a pain in the butt for opposing guards. I haven't seen Clark play yet, but I'm itching to catch an Iowa game so I can compare them.
Amb, do you think the same thing would happen if UConn and Tennessee played again or would she adjust and hit a higher percentage of shots?

Amb, do you think the same thing would happen if UConn and Tennessee played again or would she adjust and hit a higher percentage of shots?

I think she would do better, if only because she would have experience dealing with Tennessee's size/length. It looked like she was rushing her shots because of the close outs on the jumpers or Tamari Key's attention on the drives. She didn't get easy looks last night and hasn't played a team with Tennessee's size, so I think that factored into her performance.

I think she would do better, if only because she would have experience dealing with Tennessee's size/length. It looked like she was rushing her shots because of the close outs on the jumpers or Tamari Key's attention on the drives. She didn't get easy looks last night and hasn't played a team with Tennessee's size, so I think that factored into her performance.
Yeah, and first time hostile crowd and a big spacious arena like TBA. Her final quarter stats were more in line with what she might do in a rematch.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Why is there a thread mentioning peanut butter and jelly. I can name at least 3 freshmen better than her but bc she goes to UCONN she will be pegged as the best like Christyn Williams was đź’€

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Why is there a thread mentioning peanut butter and jelly. I can name at least 3 freshmen better than her but bc she goes to UCONN she will be pegged as the best like Christyn Williams was đź’€
Who is "peanut butter and Jelly"? LOL. I know you are referring to Paige Bueckers.

Reactions: xtpsrh08123

Amb - I rewatched the game last night and I think most of Bueckers misses were just cold shooting. UTenn took away the drives but most of her missed jumpers were either open or poorly defended.

Guys, UConn is not better than the Lady Vols....Enough with the superiority talk about them...What you saw is who they are....Six points difference is nothing.

At the end of the game, they were so relieved to have won...No big deal guys, just another team....
420x0.jpg

Guys, UConn is not better than the Lady Vols....Enough with the superiority talk about them...What you saw is who they are....Six points difference is nothing.

At the end of the game, they were so relieved to have won...No big deal guys, just another team....
420x0.jpg
I really don't understand this criticism. Of course they are happy. They just won a really tough hard fought game on the road. How they reacted has nothing to do with what Geno said 2 years ago.

I really don't understand this criticism. Of course they are happy. They just won a really tough hard fought game on the road. How they reacted has nothing to do with what Geno said 2 years ago.

Based on what transpired between the 2 teams, I did not see them as a superior team....They won that particular game, but, so what.

That's how I feel about it...You don't have too, not asking you too.

Based on what transpired between the 2 teams, I did not see them as a superior team....They won that particular game, but, so what.

That's how I feel about it...You don't have too, not asking you too.

GameTime,I always enjoy your posts. I do have a different perspective on the ucon celebration. It was like a sigh of relief after being in a situation where they had a chance of not coming out on top. They knew that had a few things happened differently that they would have been on the losing side of the score. Thus the relief was contagious through their team. All competitors have been through instances where they thought they might lose and then pulled out a win. Then relief abounds.

GameTime,I always enjoy your posts. I do have a different perspective on the ucon celebration. It was like a sigh of relief after being in a situation where they had a chance of not coming out on top. They knew that had a few things happened differently that they would have been on the losing side of the score. Thus the relief was contagious through their team. All competitors have been through instances where they thought they might lose and then pulled out a win. Then relief abounds.
Perceptive, and I believe accurate analysis, Benionsopinion. Even UConn fans, on their forum, said that UT "lost" and not UConn "won".

Amb - I rewatched the game last night and I think most of Bueckers misses were just cold shooting. UTenn took away the drives but most of her missed jumpers were either open or poorly defended.

I agree, which is essentially how the Lady Vols won the Indiana game. Just look at the free throw disparity between Tennessee and opponents this season to know the perimeter defense has been greatly exaggerated...

Guys, if UConn had won by 25, or even high double digit points, then I would give them credit for being a special team....But this UConn squad is just about average....

Both squads had players with off shooting nights, it happens, no excuses....I guarantee UConn will not win it all this year, and I guarantee we won't either.

It's good for women's college basketball for the two teams to play each other...I had a blast watching the game...I know how to treat the two impostors of "winning and losing" the same, and just enjoy the game...

It's not life and death, it's just basketball....

Guys, if UConn had won by 25, or even high double digit points, then I would give them credit for being a special team....But this UConn squad is just about average....

Both squads had players with off shooting nights, it happens, no excuses....I guarantee UConn will not win it all this year, and I guarantee we won't either.

It's good for women's college basketball for the two teams to play each other...I had a blast watching the game...I know how to treat the two impostors of "winning and losing" the same, and just enjoy the game...

It's not life and death, it's just basketball....
I agree 100% that neither team is NC caliber although if Tennessee had coach Jumper on their staf I think they would be a lock. I do think the UConn is a better team then we saw last night.

I agree 100% that neither team is NC caliber although if Tennessee had coach Jumper on their staf I think they would be a lock. I do think the UConn is a better team then we saw last night.

Who would have thought it? Snarky comment from a ucon sycophant on another team’s board and attacking a well known member of that board.

Reactions: stlvolsfan

VN Store

Back