UCONN LOST!

This thread reminds me of the LV vs UConn espn convos...some rando shows up to defend the Huskies against little resistance.

And yes acting up is kinda pathetic considering we lost. How does that make anyone happy. IMO it’s worse that Arkansas beat them bc it shows how much more growth we still have to do

You're entitled to your opinion, but the facts are that we led Conn practically the entire game. Unlike Arkansas, whose guards shot lights out threes, we had our two main PG options go a combined 2-20 and still were just down by 2 with 25 seconds left. And we beat Arkansas handily.

Of course we have a lot of growth to do. But what does that say about Conn? They have the higher-rated recruits and the veteran coach with 11 titles. Why should a game with a team not even ranked at the beginning of the season even be close?

No one is "happy" about losses. We're happy to see progress.

But what sort of reaction in the wide, wide world of spirts do you expect to see when a rival loses, especially to an SEC team? Loving to see teams from historical rivalries lose is as old as fandom.

You're entitled to your opinion, but the facts are that we led Conn practically the entire game. Unlike Arkansas, whose guards shot lights out threes, we had our two main PG options go a combined 2-20 and still were just down by 2 with 25 seconds left. And we beat Arkansas handily.

Of course we have a lot of growth to do. But what does that say about Conn? They have the higher-rated recruits and the veteran coach with 11 titles. Why should a game with a team not even ranked at the beginning of the season even be close?

No one is "happy" about losses. We're happy to see progress.

But what sort of reaction in the wide, wide world of spirts do you expect to see when a rival loses, especially to an SEC team? Loving to see teams from historical rivalries lose is as old as fandom.
Ole Miss also led most of the game guess their just as good as us is what you sound like. I get the rivalry thing even tho. I just don’t think the LVs should start getting too big for their britches considering we almost faced our worst loss of the year at home tonight

How about we can all agree, ANY team can be BEAT on ANY given night. UCONN hasn’t won a championship in 5 years and TN hasn’t won in 13 years. The game has gotten so much bigger than either one of these teams. They both hold their own legacies, even though Pat’s legacy is more powerful and partial to me personally.

Why this thread for Uconn lost dosen't make sense. It makes them look like they're special. Omg that guard player have no idea her name.. 37point lov her turning in the post is a little bit of Tina Thompson. Did she played when we played them cause I didn't noticed her. When Uconn escaped lost from us I knew is smelling from another SEC team.

We need this gal on our men's team this coming Sat. The Arky/Uconn was one of the best game I've seen of late. Pure shooters hitting from downtown almost every shot down the stretch. Arky had'em by 6 and Uconn fought back and took the lead and I felt I was watching the Vols replay. Ramirez was key in holding off the Huskies. Arky is capable of a deep run come tourney time.

We need this gal on our men's team this coming Sat. The Arky/Uconn was one of the best game I've seen of late. Pure shooters hitting from downtown almost every shot down the stretch. Arky had'em by 6 and Uconn fought back and took the lead and I felt I was watching the Vols replay. Ramirez was key in holding off the Huskies. Arky is capable of a deep run come tourney time.

That’s what I said. They are built for tournament play. They get up for big games and have the players/shooters to beat anyone. Really comes down to if they’re hitting shots or not. If they aren’t hitting shots their defense can’t get it done.

With all those smaller forwards and guards they have a big advantage come SEC tournament time. Much easier for them to play 3-4 games in short time compared to 6’7” and 6’5” players.

We need to be more concerned that Ole Miss is our equal.

Huh.

And here I thought that fans want to see a strong conference top-to-bottom and take pride in being in the only conference to currently have seven ranked teams. Want to see us challenged and made tougher by strong competition. Want to see competitive games as a fan rather than 40-point annual blowouts over weak teams outside the top 100. How naive of me.

Guess we need to be looking around for a conference in which we can be assured of a championship banner every year and can pile up more wins on the resume.

I knew Arkansas would beat them! Now can DePaul conquer a back-to-back upset?! I think they can, if they believe it! UCONN is more vulnerable and susceptible to loss more so in years!

I knew Arkansas would beat them! Now can DePaul conquer a back-to-back upset?! I think they can, if they believe it! UCONN is more vulnerable and susceptible to loss more so in years!

They won by 23 last time out vs. DePaul. It seems no matter how well DePaul is playing, they get cut down to size during their annual matchup vs. UConn.

As much as I'd like to see back-to-back "L's" hung on the Huskies, my money is on a comfortable win for them.

I was/am most impressed with the three Ark guards including their star. The announcers stated throughout that Ark didn't match up well with UT. Obviously Uconn allowed them to play their preferred game style possiblely believing they could outscore them, more than defend their style.

I was/am most impressed with the three Ark guards including their star. The announcers stated throughout that Ark didn't match up well with UT. Obviously Uconn allowed them to play their preferred game style possiblely believing they could outscore them, more than defend their style.

If UConn got anything from their inside players, I think the game would have looked more like the Tennessee game with Arkansas struggling to score. Tamari showed up; ONO disappeared. That, plus Tennessee actually made sure to guard Amber Ramirez...

Says all we need to know that a UCONN loss warrants its own thread of celebration on our board. Boneyard probably used to have such threads when we lost, but gave up on that years ago when our losses, and those threads, started piling up so quickly they were dominating their board.

Hopefully, someday, a loss of ours will once again send a thrill up their spines and earn its own Boner thread.

Last edited:
Man, necro'ing this thread mid-tournament is what I call a serious tease.

VN Store

Back