UCONN LOST!

chuckiepoo

....in deference to the "Kentucky Lost" on the men's side. They got past the Lady Vols but the SEC finally caught up. Congrats to Arky taking down the beast. Doesn't look like it will be the last this year.

Edit: just playing with the exit buttons. Thank you @VolGirl05! Timely bump!

Last edited:
....in deference to the "Kentucky Lost" on the men's side. They got past the Lady Vols but the SEC finally caught up. Congrats to Arky taking down the beast. Doesn't look like it will be the last this year.
You wonder if UConn had to play an SEC schedule instead of power houses like Butler and Georgetown, etc how would they fare? I don't see them contending for the championship this year!

You wonder if UConn had to play an SEC schedule instead of power houses like Butler and Georgetown, etc how would they fare? I don't see them contending for the championship this year!

UConn is a definite title contender, along with several other teams. I think the tournament will all depend on matchups.

UConn is a definite title contender, along with several other teams. I think the tournament will all depend on matchups.
The advantage UConn has being in the Big East and in the AAC is that the number of teams they face each year who were good enough to beat them on any given day was very small. Usually it was only when they planed out of conference. A team does not have to be better than you to win. They just have to be close enough in talent that the any given day factor enters into the outcome.

It is a given that has Uconn played in P5 conference the last few years they would have sustained more loses. Especially in the stronger ones. Last year they assumed themselves to be the fouth best team in the Nation based purely on the fact that no one else except the top three beat them. Of course the reality is that there were plenty of other teams capable of beating them. Its a good deal if you can assume that you are better than anyone that has not actually played you. Unfortunately the tournament was never played else they would have found out that any team with strong post play would be a bad matchup for them.

It’s amazing how UCONN lives in most of UT fans heads.

Well, they are the Evil Empire and we are the Rebel Alliance ready to blow up their Death Star and send their Dark Lizard scurrying to the outer reaches of the galaxy.

Hopefully, he will be able to purchase a mansierre there. Luigi's been hitting Olive Garden too frequently these days.

aiggnt! I'd say most LV fans see them more closely an equal. SEC for sure does. Definitely a down year for the Huskies though.
Down year for huskies and a the first decent start for the LV in 10+ years and LV fans start acting up
no you really don’t... they have been better. Do you forget they usually play a top 5 schedule. The sec is good this year but Uconn titles speak for themselves

Down year for huskies and a the first decent start for the LV in 10+ years and LV fans start acting up

no you really don’t... they have been better. Do you forget they usually play a top 5 schedule. The sec is good this year but Uconn titles speak for themselves
I granted a down year for the Huskies. You claim Vols fans are acting up? Imma thinkin' you may need to consider if you're a future Vol.

That young lady? En fuego!

giphy.gif

I granted a down year for the Huskies. You claim Vols fans are acting up? Imma thinkin' you may need to consider if you're a future Vol.
I know you did that’s why I said it. I just think some people need to hold their ropes a little bit longer. Especially considering we LOST TO THEM as you say ON A DOWN YEAR

And yes acting up is kinda pathetic considering we lost. How does that make anyone happy. IMO it’s worse that Arkansas beat them bc it shows how much more growth we still have to do

Wow are you this upset that Tennessee isn’t pursuing Weathers like you want?!?! 😂😂😂
What? Omg no. Just bc I think she’s a great player doesn’t mean I want her here. There are many in-state players who will go P5 and I will support them. I just can’t stand wanna be scouts trashing top level athletes from our great state like they don’t hold multiple P5 offers

What? Omg no. Just bc I think she’s a great player doesn’t mean I want her here. There are many in-state players who will go P5 and I will support them. I just can’t stand wanna be scouts trashing top level athletes from our great state like they don’t hold multiple P5 offers
Kinda reminds me of a certain Wildcat who didn’t get a UT offer until her senior year so she decided to go elsewhere. Or some Cardinals with a very similar story. I remember the posts saying we didn’t “need” them

VN Store

Back