UCONN expected to rejoin Big East

So UConn football might be going the Army-Liberty-New Mexico State-UMass independent route?

The AAC was always such a terrible idea. The schools that were able to bolt the dying Big East (WVU, TCU (who never actually played in the Big East or AAC), Louisville, Rutgers) did so. The schools they added (Tulsa, Tulane, Memphis, etc) basically turned them into a souped-up Conference USA, which greatly diminished CUSA in the process. Of the schools that were left holding the bag, Houston, Cincinnati, and UCF have thrown themselves at every P5 conference that so much as gave a passing thought to expansion. And UConn, a basketball school that never had any business moving to FBS football, now realizes that they left behind everything that mattered in the legacy Big East.

Reactions: PA Vol
I would say UConn to the MAC, but they already kicked out UMass for being football only.

I would say UConn to the MAC, but they already kicked out UMass for being football only.

The MAC might think about it if they could get a second football-only member. Maybe Liberty? Scheduling 13 is a pain that is simply not worth the hassle for a non-member.

The MAC might think about it if they could get a second football-only member. Maybe Liberty? Scheduling 13 is a pain that is simply not worth the hassle for a non-member.

Probably won't happen but I'd get UConn and then ask UMass to come back. It would set up a ready made conference rivalry.

The AAC was always such a terrible idea. The schools that were able to bolt the dying Big East (WVU, TCU (who never actually played in the Big East or AAC), Louisville, Rutgers) did so. The schools they added (Tulsa, Tulane, Memphis, etc) basically turned them into a souped-up Conference USA, which greatly diminished CUSA in the process. Of the schools that were left holding the bag, Houston, Cincinnati, and UCF have thrown themselves at every P5 conference that so much as gave a passing thought to expansion. And UConn, a basketball school that never had any business moving to FBS football, now realizes that they left behind everything that mattered in the legacy Big East.

UCF thought they were headed to so-called greener Big East pastures, but when they got there it looked similar to the same CUSA, mid-major wasteland they bolted from.

It's like the scene in Aminal House where Pinto and Flounder visit Omega Theta Pi during rush week, attempting to rub elbows with all the cool people, only to get stuck in that side room on the couch with Jugdish and Mohammed.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
UCF thought they were headed to so-called greener Big East pastures, but when they got there it looked similar to the same CUSA, mid-major wasteland they bolted from.

It's like the scene in Aminal House where Pinto and Flounder visit Omega Theta Pi during rush week, attempting to rub elbows with all the cool people, only to get stuck in that side room on the couch with Jugdish and Mohammed.

Same thing happened to Memphis.

I think the AAC should add Army, though lately the independent scene has been working pretty well for them.

I think the AAC should add Army, though lately the independent scene has been working pretty well for them.

Army seems like the most logical choice. But, given how poorly Army's previous conference membership went, I think it's unlikely.

I kind of think the AAC will stick with 11. They currently have a great set up with Navy replacing full-member Wichita St for football. Adding another football-only member like Army would create a headache.

D03DEF0D-1797-47B9-B915-2B7E34689C1B.gif

VN Store

Back