UCF vs UT

Sure, unless you’re from the SEC with a 100k+ seat stadium on one side, going up against a team in a podunk 40k seat stadium. UCF should be welcomed in Knoxville, but don’t lower yourselves to go play in some Junior College joint that calls itself the “Bounce House.”

We could play them at the Camping World Stadium where the Citrus bowl is played..in the 70-75 K seating capacity. Not to mention the recruiting benefits.

See, everyone, THIS is how UCF fan rationale works. Ignore facts and decades of history because UCF managed to have two really good seasons in 2017 and 2018. And because of those two good seasons in 17 and 18, the rest of the state of Florida, and indeed, the rest of the country, must drop everything to acknowledge them and pronounce them champion and immediately schedule home-and-home games at their demand.

0-5 versus Florida, FSU and Miami, all blowouts with the closest game being a 20-point loss to Miami. Only 14-9 against the other major, non big-3 programs in the state of Florida, but by golly because of 2017 and 2018 they’re Alabama Lite. South Florida has had some really good seasons, including 11-2 and 10-2 as recently as 2016 and 2017, but you do not see their fans and their Administration acting like the world owes them something. This is a UCF thing and it’s weird.

Welp...at least we got their coach

Reactions: Jaws
Because we would gain little if we win. but if we were too lose it would be devastating and UCF would start claiming another national championship cause they beat a SEC team and their former coach and AD. We would never hear the end of it .
100% correct. They want a national stage and we have it. There is nothing but marketing upside for them and downside for us. I'd rather play OU and have a chance at upsetting our former team....

100% correct. They want a national stage and we have it. There is nothing but marketing upside for them and downside for us. I'd rather play OU and have a chance at upsetting our former team....

Tennessee has a national stage? You can't be serious! We barely make the Knoxville newspaper when we aren't on some dumpster fire coaching search.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
Tennessee has a national stage? You can't be serious! We barely make the Knoxville newspaper when we aren't on some dumpster fire coaching search.

It isn't what it was but yeah; the SEC and our games against Bama, UF and UGA still get us in or around prime time. I can meet in the middle and say those teams have the stage but we are on it enough to get air time. Fair compromise? Like crepes are really thin pancakes?

It isn't what it was but yeah; the SEC and our games against Bama, UF and UGA still get us in or around prime time. I can meet in the middle and say those teams have the stage but we are on it enough to get air time. Fair compromise? Like crepes are really thin pancakes?

So...we have a national stage because those with a national stage have to play us.

A better idea is to set up a 2:1 series with USF in Tampa. Reasons? 1. Higher chance of a win. 2. USF plays at Raymond James - good for the team to play at an NFL facility, more seats for visiting fans, and also good exposure for recruiting in the Bay Area. 3. I could get free tickets.
Can you help a bruther out?

VN Store

Back