UCF quarterback Quadry Jones discusses playing in Josh Heupel's offense

UCF fans was happy to see Huepel go from what I hear on there boards. Fanbase say he in love with the deep ball and never rely on the running game. He never uses his tightends.

Fun fact, UCF had more passing yards than we had rushing and passing combined. They had 700 more yards rushing than us, yet we were a rushing focused team (in theory).
Also a "fun fact" UCF gave up an average of about 500yds/game on defense.

200+/- rushing
300+/- passing

Heupel basically ignores defense...... which might, but didn't, work in the AAC...... and definitely won't work in the SEC.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe

200+/- rushing
300+/- passing

Heupel basically ignores defense...... which might, but didn't, work in the AAC...... and definitely won't work in the SEC.

I would say that he just didn't have enough horses to pull the carriage.

200+/- rushing
300+/- passing

I would challenge that. The more you score the more it allows your Defense to make mistakes. It lets them play a little looser. Look at what the Lane train does. Scores points and keeps it competitive. Then you get a great DC and work on building up the Defense. Bama is exactly the pinnacl of that.

200+/- rushing
300+/- passing

Big misconception. Last years UCF defense was a depleted unit.

VN Store

Back