UCF Gets Gus

And just like that, UCF fans are entertainingly obnoxious again.

Great pickup for the hometown guys.

Feels like UCF may have won in this coaching change*. Hopefully, I'm wrong and Heupel is awesome.

*Not saying Malzahn would do better at Tennessee than Heupel but that Malzahn will probably do amazing at UCF.

Reactions: Boca Vol
And just like that, UCF fans are entertainingly obnoxious again.

Great pickup for the hometown guys.

Remember something after the Knights beat AU in the Peach, Spurrier said UCF was getting the best players
in their state at that time. Miami and Florida are rebounding, FSU still unknown right now, will make for some
interesting games. With Gators having some NCAA penalties, could give Gus enough room to work.

Reactions: Border Vol
Remember something after the Knights beat AU in the Peach, Spurrier said UCF was getting the best players
in their state at that time. Miami and Florida are rebounding, FSU still unknown right now, will make for some
interesting games. With Gators having some NCAA penalties, could give Gus enough room to work.

That was four years ago. UF upgraded its football coach since then.

Personally I’m happy for UCF for a variety of reasons, but as a UF alum I fear UCF about as much as UT fans fear MTSU or Memphis.

Yes you did...and I didn’t fear UCF at that point either. ;)
They’re not going to compete toe to toe with the P5 teams instate but Gus is a good hire for them. He already has recruiting ties in the state and he added T-Will today, that is a heck of a pickup for them in recruiting. He’s done a lot of work in Ga but he doesn’t have to leave the state of Florida to fill their roster.

According to this, Heupel did the opposite and tried to go out of state. Not a good look.

Gus Malzahn is primed to get UCF's recruiting back on track

Ron Zook is the last UF coach to lose consecutive games to Tennessee.

Before him you have to go back to 1971. Pretty sure Fulmer was on that team.

Ron Zook is a heck of a coach anywhere in defense you want to put him. Just not HC.

Ron Zook is the last UF coach to lose consecutive games to Tennessee.

Before him you have to go back to 1971. Pretty sure Fulmer was on that team.

My recollection was that very few games were played between UT and UF in the 70's and 80's. Relatively speaking, UF is a "Johnny come lately" program with UT.

My recollection was that very few games were played between UT and UF in the 70's and 80's. Relatively speaking, UF is a "Johnny come lately" program with UT.

And since we started playing each other annually, Johnny’s been okay, even if he did arrive late.

VN Store

Back