UAB ready for who wants it more game at Neyland

No it isn't and there will be a lot of posters on Volnation who wont be happy when Tennessee wins 8-9 games this season
They may not be happy, but if they are claiming the sky is falling and fahr Pruitt then they are just as full of BS as a post saying they will be happy about being able to bitch about it. I don't understand that logic, ever.

No one is saying you can't. Just don't chastise the rest of us that watched that miserable offense last year and didn't see any earth shattering news cone out of the O&W game. You are basing your fanatic optimism on incoming freshman and JG making huge strides from last year. Excuse those of us who remain cautious.

So cautious that we worry about Georgia State?

I don’t think I chastised anyone. Just stated that we were flawed offensively. Also had an OC or at least gameplanning that wasn’t great. But we were never “close” to losing to Charlotte. Also played without our best offensive player. We will continue to beat non P5 teams.

So cautious that we worry about Georgia State?

I don’t think I chastised anyone. Just stated that we were flawed offensively. Also had an OC or at least gameplanning that wasn’t great. But we were never “close” to losing to Charlotte. Also played without our best offensive player. We will continue to beat non P5 teams.
I hope you are right. Would be nice to hang about 70 on a non P5. I'm not convinced we can.

Our first score was the punt return. Already 7-0 in the 1st quarter. You can’t take that off the board. Then we scored on offense to go up 14-0. We then missed a FG from 33 yards in the second half.

Charlotte had 3 drives of seven plays or more, one of which was their FG. They went for it early in the game and didn’t get it and went for it late and didn’t get it. That’s what P5 defenses do.

We have won 30 straight games against non P5 opponents. Sure it wasn’t a great game. But last year’s team had flaws on offense. I expect this year’s to be better. But I am not worried about Georgia State. We are in trouble if we have to worry about them.
Ok. It's been a while since I've watched it so I'm not going to argue with someone who actually has. I just know it wasn't the best of games. And we could've easily lost that game with the way we played. You can't deny that. And given that fact it should have been a lesson to the players all the way down to the fan base not to overlook ANYONE.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
That’s totally different. You coach a team. I have coached sports too. But with UT football, I am a fan. I can talk about any game on the schedule without any ramifications. And we don’t need to talk about Georgia State. This isn’t hard.
I get that from a fans point of view. But fans are human right? Just as the players and coaches are. That being said if us fans are overlooking them then it could be entirely possible that the players are too. Correct?

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I get that from a fans point of view. But fans are human right? Just as the players and coaches are. That being said if us fans are overlooking them then it could be entirely possible that the players are too. Correct?

Like I said, we should be able to play vanilla and still beat Georgia State. It’s the first game of the year, and the players will enjoy hitting someone other than their own teammates. This discussion has probably gone too far on the topic.

We have won 30 straight non P5 games, and you should chalk up GSU, Chattanooga, and UAB as wins this year. Otherwise, we got problems.

I don't get the love for UAB on this board.

They got blown out last year by Coastal, MTSU, and Texas A&M.

Then they beat a bunch of teams that would lose to any Power 5 team. UAB would be a touchdown underdog at least to every team in the SEC.

Maybe I'm just misinterpreting everyone who really means they are good "for a cupcake". Maybe that's true. But a cupcake is a cupcake and what that means to me is there is nothing UAB will be able to do to win if UT shows up and plays reasonably up to their potential.

Georgia State.

Tennessee will struggle for 4 quarters against this team. Our OL is decimated, we have no LB depth and our secondary continually gets exposed up the middle and on simple crossing routes.

UAB has a QB that can throw as well as run. He'll give us fits. With our dilapidated OL, we'll struggle to consistently run the ball.

We win by 7.

That all said... any word on Wright and Morris? Wright looked mightily hobbled but was walking unassisted after the USCjr game.

VN Store

Back