UAB ready for who wants it more game at Neyland

You're right Butchna.....a 1 point victory is all you need to be proud that you added a W.
Bet you rationalize our losses to Florida where we dominated the whole game only to BARELY lose at the end? Just as evenly, huh? None of this was about PRIDE or margins of victory. It was suggested that we’ve lost some of these matchups to “cupcakes” and we just haven’t. ALL wins. Feel free to be ashamed.

Bet you rationalize our losses to Florida where we dominated the whole game only to BARELY lose at the end? Just as evenly, huh? None of this was about PRIDE or margins of victory. It was suggested that we’ve lost some of these matchups to “cupcakes” and we just haven’t. ALL wins. Feel free to be ashamed.
Nah.... I'm not ashamed at all. You're a smart guy. You know what I was saying all along. I never argued that you were "wrong". I argued that a slim marginal victory against a cupcake team isn't a "win".

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
We can’t overlook any team. Besides didn’t UAB’s coach win Coach of The Year or some similar accolade?

We can’t overlook any team. Besides didn’t UAB’s coach win Coach of The Year or some similar accolade?
So you agree this thread is 3 months too early and if any thread it should be about beating Ga State?

Nah.... I'm not ashamed at all. You're a smart guy. You know what I was saying all along. I never argued that you were "wrong". I argued that a slim marginal victory against a cupcake team isn't a "win".
But it IS. Just as a loss IS. Go to open mic night if you wanna was poetic.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
A win is a win. Geezus does this board get goofy! 😏
Have you always been as unreasonable as you are on this board? I challenge you to find someone (outside of yourself) that felt like a victory party was in order after the Charlotte game. Yes it was a victory on the win/ loss column but I promise you every fan of UT wanted to crawl in a hole just as you should have.
I see your point. Im not debating it. I'm man enough to admit if you're right. And you are in your own point, just as I am in mine. When we meet a non power 5 team that we are favored to beat by 20 yet only win by 11 (or 4 if not for a punt return) because they gave us all we could handle, we LOST.

Have you always been as unreasonable as you are on this board? I challenge you to find someone (outside of yourself) that felt like a victory party was in order after the Charlotte game. Yes it was a victory on the win/ loss column but I promise you every fan of UT wanted to crawl in a hole just as you should have.
I see your point. Im not debating it. I'm man enough to admit if you're right. And you are in your own point, just as I am in mine. When we meet a non power 5 team that we are favored to beat by 20 yet only win by 11 (or 4 if not for a punt return) because they gave us all we could handle, we LOST.
Damn. Not covering the spread is a loss in your mind? That's crazy.

We barely beat Charlotte. We then went to Auburn and beat them.

It's easier to just accept wins and losses as they are when you realize you can't really extrapolate that much from one single game.

I can remember some single digit wins against Vandy and Kentucky back when we were dominant. And, to be honest, they were some enjoyable (messy albeit) games only because one actually wondered if it was going to be an upset!

You keep putting your own crap on here and attributing it to me. I didn’t CELEBRATE 50 point victories against lesser opponents...much less closer VICTORIES. Original gist of this conversation was that we should be worried about UAB. Then someone added that we’ve “mostly won” these matchups against cupcakes since our downturn began under Fulmer. His loss to Wyoming after his firing had already been announced was the last of such losses. Whatever one thinks of Kiffin, Dooley and Butch, they didn’t lose to them. No one’s crowing about the style points or significance...that’s your silly slant. If it’s a LOSS...the record will show it. We have enough REAL ones that you don’t need to make up a new category. We’re going to beat the **** out of UAB and it most likely won’t be anything to brag about...but it’ll be a win. Are you always a little ***** when someone won’t go along with your concepts?

Damn. Not covering the spread is a loss in your mind? That's crazy.

We barely beat Charlotte. We then went to Auburn and beat them.

It's easier to just accept wins and losses as they are when you realize you can't really extrapolate that much from one single game.
Well it actually just feeds into my original comment on this particular thread. We overlooked Charlotte and nearly lost to a non power 5 team while having a +20 spread. Without that punt return we only win by 4. I just think after last yr we should've learned not to overlook anyone and I sincerely hope the players have because we obviously haven't.

But to your point I've admitted to Butchna that he was right. A win is a win. All I'm saying is let's not lose one before we realize we should only be focused on the team in front of us.

Original gist of this conversation was that we should be worried about UAB. Then someone added that we’ve “mostly won” these matchups against cupcakes since our downturn began under Fulmer.
You're right. We got carried away in our own debate. My apologies. A win is a win. Im only pointing out the possible outcome of over looking the team in front of us.

You're right. We got carried away in our own debate. My apologies. A win is a win. Im only pointing out the possible outcome of over looking the team in front of us.
Agreed. But the OVERLOOKING thing has always been more on fans than the kids doing the actual playing. And Pruitt is more game by game than Dooley or Butch ever was.

Agreed. But the OVERLOOKING thing has always been more on fans than the kids doing the actual playing. And Pruitt is more game by game than Dooley or Butch ever was.
I would somewhat agree with that if Calloway wasn't quoted saying that he felt some of the players looked past Charlotte to concentrate on the Kentucky game. Which is what pretty much sparked my comments of looking past Ga State to begin with.

So you agree this thread is 3 months too early and if any thread it should be about beating Ga State?

Well I don’t think it’s an either/or situation, but I would bet Pruitt and co. are more concerned about the GA State than UAB right now.

I would somewhat agree with that if Calloway wasn't quoted saying that he felt some of the players looked past Charlotte to concentrate on the Kentucky game. Which is what pretty much sparked my comments of looking past Ga State to begin with.
I said MORE not ever. And it’s on them...not us. Charlotte game seems to be your go-to in this conversation. It was a badly played and coached game and they happen. Callaway has pride and was rightfully ashamed afterwards...lends to excuses. Ga State is the first game of the season with two new coordinators. Not going to guarantee execution but I am guaranteeing ATTENTION.

I said MORE not ever. And it’s on them...not us. Charlotte game seems to be your go-to in this conversation. It was a badly played and coached game and they happen. Callaway has pride and was rightfully ashamed afterwards...lends to excuses. Ga State is the first game of the season with two new coordinators. Not going to guarantee execution but I am guaranteeing ATTENTION.
Of course Charlotte is my "go to". It's the most recent example of my point in a whole. But yes you're probably right that it's more the fans than the players. But it does happen and probably more than we know. I mean after all.... the players are human too.

I guarantee that Coach Pruitt and his coaching staff will overlook no one:)

Reactions: MAD and butchna

Last year's team had flaws. Who cares if we beat Charlotte 14-3? I was there, and the second half was boring, but we won. Do you think Oklahoma fans cared about their overtime win against Army as they were playing Bama in the playoffs last year? It's not like UT is the only team that it happens to.

I get it. It's the summer, and these are the things that people discuss (or bitch about) on the board.

Reactions: butchna
Last year's team had flaws. Who cares if we beat Charlotte 14-3? I was there, and the second half was boring, but we won. Do you think Oklahoma fans cared about their overtime win against Army as they were playing Bama in the playoffs last year? It's not like UT is the only team that it happens to.

I get it. It's the summer, and these are the things that people discuss (or bitch about) on the board.
You'd have to read the entire conversation to understand what my point was about but I'll sum it with a synopsis although it's already been squashed.
My original comment was to the likes of not talking about BYU or UAB just yet when have Ga State as our next game. The last time we overlooked someone we nearly lost to a non power 5 team we were favored to beat by 20.

VN Store

Back