UAB ready for who wants it more game at Neyland

Yes...and the “big” schools can only take so many players and with the shear amount of players now somebody’s got to sign them. Teams like Memphis for instance benefits the most from this evolution and throw a half decent coach in the mix with a marginal schedule and walla you have a ready made bowl eligible team. UAB sits squarely in that pot as well.

Lol “walla”?

Reactions: tennrich1
Some of you with very short memories don't remember that UAB took us to double overtime in the 2010 game -- and our team and crowd reaction when we finally won were almost as if we had beaten UA Tuscaloosa. I was sitting at about at the portal level in the middle of the Lower North End Zone and the winning pass was right in front of me. I was happy to get out with a win.

That team, quite possibly, had the worst UT roster in many years. That one and Butch’s first roster were terrible. A little different now.

Reactions: 08Vol
Historically UT has always struggled with UAB
98 UT 37 UAB 13 it was a sloppy game
2005 UT 17 UAB 10
2008 UT 35 UAB 3 Tennessee only scored 14 first half points and struggled the whole game
2010 UT 32 UAB 29 in double OT

I'm not saying UAB is a world beater but at the same time UT hasn't been SEC caliber in a while

Any given day you can lose especially if your not ready to win. Case in Point 1996 Memphis 21, Tennessee 17 with Peyton Manning at the helm (bad call and all).

We aren't going to get any indications of how good they are by their 2019 opponents with Rice, Western KY, Akron and South Alabama among their toughest games.

UAB is a game I’m worried about. Thats a good program on the upswing. We’re still a program that’s flat lined waiting for resuscitation

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I expect a blowout. We are going to destroy them, especially with them putting fuel to the fire. It’s basically asking for UT to have something to feed off of.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Shhhh.......never interrupt the enemy when they are making a mistake. Bulletin Board Material is a good thing. :)

Some of you with very short memories don't remember that UAB took us to double overtime in the 2010 game -- and our team and crowd reaction when we finally won were almost as if we had beaten UA Tuscaloosa. I was sitting at about at the portal level in the middle of the Lower North End Zone and the winning pass was right in front of me. I was happy to get out with a win.

In 2013 when we got the win against SC I had a similar reaction. It’s SC. Other than getting the win, beating Spurrier was nice.

It ain’t about the other team, it’s always about the Vols. Do they play well or are they distracted by other things that seem more important or is more important?

I’m have no concern for UAB.

Depends on what kind of shape UT is in come November. If we're healthy and 4-4 or better, I look for UT to put it on UAB. But if it's the tired, discouraged team was saw at the end of 2018, look out. I have a feeling those days are behind us, but I'll need to see this program play 12 (or more) games as hard as they can before I'm convinced.

I believe Pruitt will return UT Football to the top of the SEC, and beyond. The only question in my mind is how long it will take.

Go Vols.

And then they quit football. Then they brought it back. Sad that a team that dropped football can be a threat. Shows how bad we suck.

Every frickin year! See Montana, Utah State, Western Kentucky. It’s “watch out...I’m callin upset!” Followed by “It was just____” after the war crimes tribunal.

I wouldn't want to see it happen but some ducks can pull a truck whether it be a pickup, a semi, or a Caterpillar 787F. Stuff happens, even improbable stuff. Like the Hurricane vs. Vols bowl game or the Bronco vs. Sooners bowl game. As I said, I don't want any duck doing that to us.

So how pissed are we going to be as a fan base if we get our asses kicked by Ga State? Nearly happend last yr by overlooking Charlotte. This thread is about 3 months too early. Js

So how pissed are we going to be as a fan base if we get our asses kicked by Ga State? Nearly happend last yr by overlooking Charlotte. This thread is about 3 months too early. Js
I know from the tone of your post you'll probably be one of the posters on Volnation who will be pissed off when Tennessee beats Georgia State,BYU,Chattanooga and UAB:rolleyes: Tennessee will win 8-9 games in 2019 and there are posters on Volnation who will hate the hell out of that:mad:

I don't get the love for UAB on this board.

They got blown out last year by Coastal, MTSU, and Texas A&M.

Then they beat a bunch of teams that would lose to any Power 5 team. UAB would be a touchdown underdog at least to every team in the SEC.

Maybe I'm just misinterpreting everyone who really means they are good "for a cupcake". Maybe that's true. But a cupcake is a cupcake and what that means to me is there is nothing UAB will be able to do to win if UT shows up and plays reasonably up to their potential.

It’s because we’ve not been “handling our business” very well against these cupcakes.

Mostly wins but we play down to our opponents a lot.

I know from the tone of your post you'll probably be one of the posters on Volnation who will be pissed off when Tennessee beats Georgia State,BYU,Chattanooga and UAB:rolleyes: Tennessee will win 8-9 games in 2019 and there are posters on Volnation who will hate the hell out of that:mad:
Not at all. The tone of my post is to simply point out that this team isn't good enough to over look anyone. In fact the best teams NEVER look past an opponent no matter who they are. And the evidence of this exact thing is clear for anyone to see if you chose to rewatch the Charlotte game from last yr. We did the exact same thing and we nearly lost. So I would actually say the exact opposite when it comes to the "tone" of my post. I actually DO want this team to win and overlooking an opponent isn't the way to get where we all want to be. Simple as that

By “mostly” you mean ALL wins?
Because beating Charlotte 14-3 in a game that the offense only accounts for 10 was by ALL ACOUNTS a victory. You know as well as anyone we were just as lucky to win that one as we were good enough to do better.

Because beating Charlotte 14-3 in a game that the offense only accounts for 10 was by ALL ACOUNTS a victory. You know as well as anyone we were just as lucky to win that one as we were good enough to do better.
Right...so all WINS. 😎

Reactions: 08Vol

VN Store

Back