UAB.....HUH? Same old Holley

So is the truth that Rennia Davis, Jordan Horston, Jaz Massengill, Rae Burrell , Zaay Green are not high caliber athletes who chose to come play for CHW?

My thing is while I am def not pleased with some of the coaching decisions, outcomes, and results. Again I am not a CHW lover I just want her to succeed because that means the team does but I am not blind to things.

We can’t say high caliber athletes don’t want to come here and play (which when they sign they sign to play for Holly).

Holly is in on many top recruits for 2020 as well. So recruits are showing interest (and on their own dime).

Tennessee history still is a great recruiting tool, however, if we continue to receive top players but continue to fall short, Tennessee history will lose its mojo. Now is the time to produce up to your team's potential. Generally we play good defense but our offense is very predictable. A lot of our recruits come to us out of high school as good offensive players but seem to fail expectations. I know the college level is different than the high school level, however, are we developing their offensive skills and as a coach you can't just leave it up to the players. Holly has admitted several times that they practice defense but I haven't heard her talk very much about offense schemes. Offense seems to be our biggest problem, you cannot have an offense mostly based upon getting the ball inside and then when that fail, throwing up three point bricks.

Yp
maybe you meant to post Reaves has shown to be a GREAT recruiter, that has been able to bring in top notch players that seem to do nothing once here! Now the excuse is the team is young, heck i guess that will continue to be a excuse because as long as Reaves stays UT will continue to have top recruiting classes with NO results to show for it, but we have the Holly butt lickers that will continue to trot out the same excuse, "but we have top players coming in for next years class" while the team continues to be an also ran, sooner or later we will end up with this same excuse going while no final fours or championships since most of these kids were even born(already half way there at 10 years)! In 6 seasons Holly has lost 54 games, at no point in UT history in a 6 year period has that many losses taken place. I do believe she might, just might be able to stay under 10 losses this year, but the schedule is kind of a joke with pretty much only Texas, Stanford and Notre Dame on it as far as top schools and the SEC doesnt look all that tough. I am just glad we have so many fans of the team that are glad enough to accept Elite 8's as the measuring stick for this program, my my how the mighty have fallen :(

Your butt licker reference is both insulting and inappropriate. Use another derogatory term for those fans that support the team.

Yp

Your butt licker reference is both insulting and inappropriate. Use another derogatory term for those fans that support the team.

Hahaha just pay attention to what the writer meant and not use that one word to change the entire subject. lol

So is the truth that Rennia Davis, Jordan Horston, Jaz Massengill, Rae Burrell , Zaay Green are not high caliber athletes who chose to come play for CHW?

My thing is while I am def not pleased with some of the coaching decisions, outcomes, and results. Again I am not a CHW lover I just want her to succeed because that means the team does but I am not blind to things.

We can’t say high caliber athletes don’t want to come here and play (which when they sign they sign to play for Holly).

Holly is in on many top recruits for 2020 as well. So recruits are showing interest (and on their own dime).

Naw I'm with u. I meant saying the truth that our coach is the problem.

Well I know what they say about opinions... but must confess do not know what they say about options.....

This is what I mean..... Kids make decisions about where to attend school for different reasons..... When I was applying to school.... I was a social creature and wanted a school with good football program so could bask in Saturday culture and everything associated with it.... academics? not as important to me.... for another person it was very different i am sure.....

As a recruited athlete to Tennessee, to the WCBB program, I can see someone being attracted to the history, the vaunted Pat Summit era, the banners in TBA, the chance to play in front of a great fan base.... national TV, etc....

But I do not see a high caliber recruit salivating to play for Holly.... I am sorry for my opinion and to the many loyal followers of Holly.

The 11-12 season she filled in for Pat, and 12-13, 13-14, 14-15, 15-16, 16-17, 17-18, 18-19 starting out with an overtime game vs. University of Alabama - BIRMINGHAM.... not to mention the 4 straight losses to THE Univ of Alabama.... they are good in football.... but not women's basketball.... come on.... where is the program going?

I think I am seeing it all clearly, but many are 180 degrees against my view... and it is oK for all of us I hope the season goes well
Face it some people can’t see reality even if it beats the crap out of them, others see reality but refuse to believe it while some see reality but keep thinking it is going to get better. Eventually reality will set in but none realist will not know how to accept it. Though some of us may look at ourselves as being realistic, things can change for the better, however, it needs to be sooner rather than later.

Face it some people can’t see reality even if it beats the crap out of them, others see reality but refuse to believe it while some see reality but keep thinking it is going to get better. Eventually reality will set in but none realist will not know how to accept it. Though some of us may look at ourselves as being realistic, things can change for the better, however, it needs to be sooner rather than later.

Amen Teacherdean..... very good post.... i know fandom here is over the top.... and wouldn't want it any other way... tribute to our school..... but on a lot of things.... Wow you are right.... some can't see reality....

Leading some (maybe including you and me) to question How big does that notification flag have to be?

Just what is it you Nega's want us to do? Do you want us to rant and whine that the team is not winning games by 100 points? It seems that the only posts acceptable to you are those that slam the coaches. So lets say we do start behaving shamelessly and without class. Will you be happy then? Is it about us just shutting the hell up so the only voice on this forum is those of the Nega's or do you have some other master plan that will result in you getting what you want? Basically I am sick and tired of hearing about people not getting the Nega message or not understanding the REALITY of the situation. We do completely understand and hear you loud and clear. It's just that we don't give a rats behind about you or your views about not liking Holly or the coaches or the players. Is that a message you can clearly understand? Do you understand the reality of that message?

Holly lovers, Holly haters, Holly this, Holly that, the product that is put on the floor is a function of many hands, not just two.

Holly is the head coach but she has a national championship experienced staff and they along with the players are part of a team. It is the team that ultimately succeeds or fails. Posters have nothing to do with it, whether you support the team or not, it is the team that does all the work.

Before you slander anyone on the team, think about what you are doing. It takes a real coward to hide behind a keyboard and take cheap shots and a real fan to stick by the team through thick and thin. Why not be patient and let the coaches do their job. If they can’t, they will be replaced by the people responsible for doing so....not by disgruntled fans who believe they are entitled.
“It takes a real coward to hide behind a keyboard and take cheap shots!

Says the guy sitting behind a keyboard belittling and name calling other people. If you can’t see the irony their bud..... never mind.

Holly lovers, Holly haters, Holly this, Holly that, the product that is put on the floor is a function of many hands, not just two.

Holly is the head coach but she has a national championship experienced staff and they along with the players are part of a team. It is the team that ultimately succeeds or fails. Posters have nothing to do with it, whether you support the team or not, it is the team that does all the work.

Before you slander anyone on the team, think about what you are doing. It takes a real coward to hide behind a keyboard and take cheap shots and a real fan to stick by the team through thick and thin. Why not be patient and let the coaches do their job. If they can’t, they will be replaced by the people responsible for doing so....not by disgruntled fans who believe they are entitled.

You don't believe that first sentence do you?
If so, you've never been a head coach.
The components are set by many hands but the product is a reflection of one person.
The assistants aren't standing up and yelling timeout during games!

Rick, it isn't about hate or love for me,
except for the program itself.
And I have loved this program since 1982...Coming back from active duty, I watched the Celtics-Lakers and the lady Vols with my Dad.

The standard is high here and it will stay that way.
We will not be like (Duke Massey #51), Louisiana Tech (#125).
Those were top ten perennials for years.
Now. lok at em...after thoughts.

We are 5-0 but we got there going backwards for the last two games....No timeouts used to stop an 11-3 run when the game was within 4 pts,,,3 1/2 minutes later it is a 12 pt deficit...and let an opposing guard have a field day...But we won.
Don't care.

Did we get better?
Now I care.

There will be heat in this kitchen Rick.
Only one chef

Reactions: cutiepie5
By a show of hands, how many of us have been to a Lady Vol practice to know what Holly does and doesn’t do?!?!?!

A better questions is "By a show of hands, how many of us have been to a Lady Vol (open) practice to know what Holly does and doesn’t do?!?!?!

Just let me know when to "ink it in" and I will raise my hand afterward.

A better questions is "By a show of hands, how many of us have been to a Lady Vol (open) practice to know what Holly does and doesn’t do?!?!?!

Just let me know when to "ink it in" and I will raise my hand afterward.
Jumper that’s essentially the same question, what changes besides adding the word open?

You don't believe that first sentence do you?
If so, you've never been a head coach.
The components are set by many hands but the product is a reflection of one person.
The assistants aren't standing up and yelling timeout during games!

Rick, it isn't about hate or love for me,
except for the program itself.
And I have loved this program since 1982...Coming back from active duty, I watched the Celtics-Lakers and the lady Vols with my Dad.

The standard is high here and it will stay that way.
We will not be like (Duke Massey #51), Louisiana Tech (#125).
Those were top ten perennials for years.
Now. lok at em...after thoughts.

We are 5-0 but we got there going backwards for the last two games....No timeouts used to stop an 11-3 run when the game was within 4 pts,,,3 1/2 minutes later it is a 12 pt deficit...and let an opposing guard have a field day...But we won.
Don't care.

Did we get better?
Now I care.

There will be heat in this kitchen Rick.
Only one chef

These are just terms used on this site. I didn’t create them.

Just saying it’s not a one person show and any real coach that has a true staff will say the same. It’s called teamwork and if you have aspirations of someday being a real coach on a national stage, I suggest you consider the concept.

I keep seeing old dominion and la tech being used as a standard. Tennessee is in no way on that same path much to the chagrin of the doom ang gloom segment who want change and are using a lame excuse to promote it.

Can’t and won’t argue the time out calling. Each coach is different. Some coaches want to do their own play calling while others let the players adjust to what the defense is doing and let them play through it. Coach wannabes may take exception and use this forum to second guess. I have no issue with that but will offer an alternative viewpoint if I feel it’s appropriate.

What I take exception to is the way fans are treated who try to remain positive. To be called butt lickers or Holly lovers (used as derogatory) or to insinuate that people don’t understand what is wrong with the team like they are stupid or worse for not jumping on the “fire Holly” train is wrong. Leave the fans out of it. It is just childish to treat fans of an opposing view that way.

Having said that, I don’t see you in that segment. Your criticism is focused and not on other fans with the exception of the occasional jab at a posters (who will remain unnamed) avatar. Yes, sometimes I lower myself to the same level as Negas but prefer to remain above it all when possible however, I will react when I or my fellow fans are intimidated or slammed. That is what it is so don’t be surprised if I call someone out for what they are saying.

So UAB with a group of 1 star and NR almost beat this " well coached" Lady Vols basketball team?
Gonna be a long season!!!!!!!!! Just totally lost why UT would pay Holley to coach ANOTHER YEAR
AND WITH A RAISE. After 30 plus years mooching off UT, Holley......please leave.....you are the weakest link.
Time to go get a coach who can coach and improve the talent we have. Need a Rick Barnes clone as
he is the only deserving head coach we have at UT.
Lol, learn to spell, obviously, you are a weakest link yourself. Holly ( not Holley). Mooching for 30 yrs? She was our first All American (first team), first Basketball player to have jersey retired, male or female, recruited, coached with Summitt during 8 championships ( she was elsewhere a few yrs, might have not been a part of 1 or 2). And, she is a classy Lady.

Lol, learn to spell, obviously, you are a weakest link yourself. Holly ( not Holley). Mooching for 30 yrs? She was our first All American (first team), first Basketball player to have jersey retired, male or female, recruited, coached with Summitt during 8 championships ( she was elsewhere a few yrs, might have not been a part of 1 or 2). And, she is a classy Lady.

Worry about the point being made not the spelling. As long as u understood the concept. This is 2018, 99% of the people nowadays send messages using their cell phone and while driving across the state.

Took Pat 8 years to reach a Final Four and 13 to win, took Geno 6 years to make a Final Four and 10 to win it all. What if UT or UCONN had fired them for having winning seasons but no National Championship? I'll give you that Holly got to start with an already established program, but it still takes time. It sucks not being in the Final Four every year like we used to be, but truth is we were going to fall off to a certain degree after Pat no matter what. You can replicate everything else, but you can't replicate a legend, just like UCLA on the men's side.

I get absolutely infuriated with the coaching sometimes when I'm watching games, but the idea that she'll ever be fired when we're still winning over 20 games a season is laughable. No program is going to fire a women's basketball coach who's teams are having winning seasons. No matter how much the fans wish they would.

Do I think she's a great coach? No. Do I think they'll fire her as long as we continue to win at the same rate we are now? No.
That’s probably true. But it’s too bad.

VN Store

Back