UAB.....HUH? Same old Holley

Took Pat 8 years to reach a Final Four and 13 to win, took Geno 6 years to make a Final Four and 10 to win it all. What if UT or UCONN had fired them for having winning seasons but no National Championship? I'll give you that Holly got to start with an already established program, but it still takes time. It sucks not being in the Final Four every year like we used to be, but truth is we were going to fall off to a certain degree after Pat no matter what. You can replicate everything else, but you can't replicate a legend, just like UCLA on the men's side.

I get absolutely infuriated with the coaching sometimes when I'm watching games, but the idea that she'll ever be fired when we're still winning over 20 games a season is laughable. No program is going to fire a women's basketball coach who's teams are having winning seasons. No matter how much the fans wish they would.

Do I think she's a great coach? No. Do I think they'll fire her as long as we continue to win at the same rate we are now? No.

Riiight. Head coaches are the deal closers in recruiting. And if a head coach surrounds him or her self with people who are also good in the recruiting, that would be a plus for the coach.

As for the lewd language, it is clear that your word choices reflect who you are as a person. You gotta be you and I completely respect the authenticity of post and more power to you. "Butt licker" is a perfectly fitting phrase for you. Have a great day.

hahahaha, lewd language, i still have to laugh at you on that one! I could use much worse language explaining the lack of coaching that Holly does, but instead I will just sit here and scratch my head instead, it seems to work well for her! And again, UT Lady Vol tradition is the closer for some of these recruits, maybe next time you see Jaz from HH ask her is she would still be at UT if Holly wasnt there! Maybe she will tell you the truth that she would still be there because she loves Sharona and the tradition that UT has for womens BB, especially being a big PS fan! Again you are naive at best if you think Holly is the closer for this team, I can look at her one class where she missed out on everyone and we had to sign a hurt JUCO and another reach of a player, but sure Holly is the closer LOL

Took Pat 8 years to reach a Final Four and 13 to win, took Geno 6 years to make a Final Four and 10 to win it all. What if UT or UCONN had fired them for having winning seasons but no National Championship? I'll give you that Holly got to start with an already established program, but it still takes time. It sucks not being in the Final Four every year like we used to be, but truth is we were going to fall off to a certain degree after Pat no matter what. You can replicate everything else, but you can't replicate a legend, just like UCLA on the men's side.

I get absolutely infuriated with the coaching sometimes when I'm watching games, but the idea that she'll ever be fired when we're still winning over 20 games a season is laughable. No program is going to fire a women's basketball coach who's teams are having winning seasons. No matter how much the fans wish they would.

Do I think she's a great coach? No. Do I think they'll fire her as long as we continue to win at the same rate we are now? No.

WHERE were those programs when they took over? Please let me know the answer to that ole wise one! While Holly took over a team that was 27-9 the year before, proceeded to go 27-8, 29-6, 30-6 22-14, 20-12 and 25-8 the next 3 years! So what progress is the program showing? Again, Vic took over a program that went 13-17 and 14-16 the seasons before, he went 13-17, 22-14, 27-7, 28-8, 34-5 and 37-2, there is NO REASON why a program like Ms State that doesnt have anywhere CLOSE to the resources the Lady Vol program does to ever be overtaken by Ms State! Pat also NEVER had 34 losses in a 3 year period, her MOST were 30 in 83-86 and EVEN with those she went to a NC game AND a Final four. Holly didnt have to build a thing, she was given the keys to a Lambo and drove it into a ditch and has replaced it with an Impala!

Reactions: olddog
hahahaha, lewd language, i still have to laugh at you on that one! I could use much worse language explaining the lack of coaching that Holly does, but instead I will just sit here and scratch my head instead, it seems to work well for her! And again, UT Lady Vol tradition is the closer for some of these recruits, maybe next time you see Jaz from HH ask her is she would still be at UT if Holly wasnt there! Maybe she will tell you the truth that she would still be there because she loves Sharona and the tradition that UT has for womens BB, especially being a big PS fan! Again you are naive at best if you think Holly is the closer for this team, I can look at her one class where she missed out on everyone and we had to sign a hurt JUCO and another reach of a player, but sure Holly is the closer LOL

Those young women do not care about what happened 20 years ago. The graduating seniors were at most 8 years old the last time we won a NC. If that was the deciding factor for where they chose to play they wouldn't be playing at UT. The coaches are obviously doing a good job recruiting, if we tried to just rely on being "Tennessee" we wouldn't sign a single player in the top 100 these days. And to say head coaches aren't out there recruiting is dead wrong. I see them at games all the time, the assistants are responsible for maintaining the relationships, but the HC has to be out there talking to players or they aren't coming to your school. Even Muffet McGraw was at a bunch of AAU and HS games this last year and she ought to be able to hand pick who she wants without leaving her couch after just winning the NC with basically 5 players.

WHERE were those programs when they took over? Please let me know the answer to that ole wise one! While Holly took over a team that was 27-9 the year before, proceeded to go 27-8, 29-6, 30-6 22-14, 20-12 and 25-8 the next 3 years! So what progress is the program showing? Again, Vic took over a program that went 13-17 and 14-16 the seasons before, he went 13-17, 22-14, 27-7, 28-8, 34-5 and 37-2, there is NO REASON why a program like Ms State that doesnt have anywhere CLOSE to the resources the Lady Vol program does to ever be overtaken by Ms State! Pat also NEVER had 34 losses in a 3 year period, her MOST were 30 in 83-86 and EVEN with those she went to a NC game AND a Final four. Holly didnt have to build a thing, she was given the keys to a Lambo and drove it into a ditch and has replaced it with an Impala!

You keep raising your blood pressure and I'll keep watching basketball, you're out of touch. It is literally impossible to maintain the same success as a legendary coach even with all the resources in the world. Just wait and watch UCONN after Geno.

yeah, he brought UT their last NC in football! He also got fat and lazy with coaching and thought he would ride his own coat-tails off into retirement sooner or later and the football program is at where it is because of him also! Without Cut as his crutch he just couldnt do well enough and he refused to change! Platinum Pat Washington and a few others he refused to fire when they were not performing and the team ended up where it was when i was fired because of it! Now we have him as a UT Athletic Director! You can think anything you want of me, i really dont care, I just know I am right and asking him to fire Holly would be the ultimate no deal, we are stuck with her and her non-coaching for another 5 years while Fulmer tries to find another way to take over the football program himself ala Barry Alvarez whenever he possibly can!

Um... okay. LOL

In addition to being a pig, you sound unhinged and out of touch.

You shouldn’t be speaking for Miss Massengill.

I was looking at the majority of your and they are centered around 🏈 I am sure that storied program would love to be in the talk about being a part of the final four teams.

Also it doesnt matter where i mostly have posted before, I dont post all that often, However I was born a UT fan from both sets of my grandparents to my parents to my children now! I use to go to every Lady Vols basketball game i could get too, I went and watched everytime they visited Chattanooga where i live to play UTC and in the SEC tourney. I dont even bother anymore as I can pay hardly anything and go watch a UTC team that was much better coached and be back home by a decent time for work the next day and my kids get to go to school! If the program was anything like it once was and wasnt pretty much fading into mediocrity I might get back to those olden days since my oldest is a senior and maybe headed to UT for engineering! But i wouldnt spend a dime on the program if they dont care about the program and thats pretty much what it is right now! Just like the football program where i refused to take my oldest to a football game there this year and visit during a big orange weekend. No reason in spending my hard earned money for a school that doesnt care about its fans at all and only about the money those programs make for them(back when Lady Vols basketball almost broke even compared to now). I mean if the ones that are there to be the actual caretakers of the program dont care, why should the fans expect to spend money on that product? I mean the Weakleys have the softball program pretty good every single year, they built that program and its a top program every year, unlike with football and lady vols basketball I dont expect programs to be top notch year in year out if their actual history doesnt dictate that! Bama learned after 10 years that if you pay good money and bring in the best, those programs will bring it back ten-fold for you! Bama is making money hand over fist with their football program enough to bring in kids from all over the country to go there while UT isnt! Bama is spend money to make money, UT is pinch a penny and hope it turns into a nickle! Bringing in Fulmer is doing nothing to change that perception and the last 10 years or so of absolute terrible running of the athletic ship has turned many fans into "who cares" those that at one point were huge fans, painted themselves, sat in the front row and forked out thousands of dollars a year in tickets and merchandise and instead now go onto ESPN and look up the score never even watching the game. I am quickly becoming that "who cares" type of fan because our leadership is terrible leadership, I hope Pruitt can turn it around and he has maybe 4 years to do it in, but unlike with basketball it takes 4 years to turn a program around, basketball it doesnt, 2 superstar players can instantly turn a program into a few years of dominance. However those players have to be developed and used correctly to do that, neither of which I think Holly can do and yes its nice to vent frustrations on here about it and think its complaining, however once you lose fans and with mediocre play you dont pick up new ones sooner or later it dies, UT LV BB is on that course, just like Neyland not being filled unless Bama buys half the tickets, same is said for attendance for the Lady Vols!

Last edited:
Reactions: cutiepie5

The sad thing is that you seemingly are willing to accept mediocrity. I understand that we may not be in the final four every year, but criticism of Holly Warlick goes beyond that: her teams underperform in lackluster ways, ways that indicate poor coaching. I’d rather have a phenomenal coach with lesser talent than great talent with poor coaching.

You shouldn’t be speaking for Miss Massengill.

Well, i have people on here telling me they know that players go to a school for a head coach, while I know of one that didnt! You might just be a fan and not know anyone, but some people actually know things on this board, they know people, they know coaches, they might actually have inside information and aren't just pigheaded people that cannot admit they are WRONG about something just because their idol Pat Summit asked for a favor prior to her passing on that Holly be the head coach of UT LV BB! After 6 years it seems pretty easy to a lot of us that she isnt head coaching material, others have their head stuck in the sand because they cannot think Pat was wrong or made a mistake about something.

The sad thing is that you seemingly are willing to accept mediocrity. I understand that we may not be in the final four every year, but criticism of Holly Warlick goes beyond that: her teams underperform in lackluster ways, ways that indicate poor coaching. I’d rather have a phenomenal coach with lesser talent than great talent with poor coaching.

Exactly undercover! I mean Bama has beat us how many times now and they sure as heck have mediocre talent, sadly they also have a better coach!

I'm not convinced that comparing Holly's career start to either Pat or Geno's is a fair comparison.
When Pat started coaching she was only 22 years old and had ZERO coaching experience. When Geno took over Connecticut he was 31 and had held three assistant coach jobs over the course of 7 years. When Holly took over she was 52 and had been an assistant coach for three programs over 31 years -- at Tennessee with Pat for 27 years. That's way too much time sitting beside one of the greatest coaches of all time to then pretend that she was just getting started on her career in 2012. Head coach for the first time or NOT, I don't think Holly should really be considered a new coach who should be given a decade "to learn." IMO, that's ridiculous.

Also it doesnt matter where i mostly have posted before, I dont post all that often, However I was born a UT fan from both sets of my grandparents to my parents to my children now! I use to go to every Lady Vols basketball game i could get too, I went and watched everytime they visited Chattanooga where i live to play UTC and in the SEC tourney. I dont even bother anymore as I can pay hardly anything and go watch a UTC team that was much better coached and be back home by a decent time for work the next day and my kids get to go to school! If the program was anything like it once was and wasnt pretty much fading into mediocrity I might get back to those olden days since my oldest is a senior and maybe headed to UT for engineering! But i wouldnt spend a dime on the program if they dont care about the program and thats pretty much what it is right now! Just like the football program where i refused to take my oldest to a football game there this year and visit during a big orange weekend. No reason in spending my hard earned money for a school that doesnt care about its fans at all and only about the money those programs make for them(back when Lady Vols basketball almost broke even compared to now). I mean if the ones that are there to be the actual caretakers of the program dont care, why should the fans expect to spend money on that product? I mean the Weakleys have the softball program pretty good every single year, they built that program and its a top program every year, unlike with football and lady vols basketball I dont expect programs to be top notch year in year out if their actual history doesnt dictate that! Bama learned after 10 years that if you pay good money and bring in the best, those programs will bring it back ten-fold for you! Bama is making money hand over fist with their football program enough to bring in kids from all over the country to go there while UT isnt! Bama is spend money to make money, UT is pinch a penny and hope it turns into a nickle! Bringing in Fulmer is doing nothing to change that perception and the last 10 years or so of absolute terrible running of the athletic ship has turned many fans into "who cares" those that at one point were huge fans, painted themselves, sat in the front row and forked out thousands of dollars a year in tickets and merchandise and instead now go onto ESPN and look up the score never even watching the game. I am quickly becoming that "who cares" type of fan because our leadership is terrible leadership, I hope Pruitt can turn it around and he has maybe 4 years to do it in, but unlike with basketball it takes 4 years to turn a program around, basketball it doesnt, 2 superstar players can instantly turn a program into a few years of dominance. However those players have to be developed and used correctly to do that, neither of which I think Holly can do and yes its nice to vent frustrations on here about it and think its complaining, however once you lose fans and with mediocre play you dont pick up new ones sooner or later it dies, UT LV BB is on that course, just like Neyland not being filled unless Bama buys half the tickets, same is said for attendance for the Lady Vols!

Lol😂 Just to let you know you typed a lot for me to not even get passed UTC comment so I’ll leave you with this

#GoMocs

Those young women do not care about what happened 20 years ago. The graduating seniors were at most 8 years old the last time we won a NC. If that was the deciding factor for where they chose to play they wouldn't be playing at UT. The coaches are obviously doing a good job recruiting, if we tried to just rely on being "Tennessee" we wouldn't sign a single player in the top 100 these days. And to say head coaches aren't out there recruiting is dead wrong. I see them at games all the time, the assistants are responsible for maintaining the relationships, but the HC has to be out there talking to players or they aren't coming to your school. Even Muffet McGraw was at a bunch of AAU and HS games this last year and she ought to be able to hand pick who she wants without leaving her couch after just winning the NC with basically 5 players.

hahaha, top programs all have top notch recruiters, Muffet can show a few rings to recruits, can holly do that as a Head Coach for anyone? but keep doing your best impression of an ostrich and the rest of us can stay back while the ship sinks around you! I really do have to laugh at the people here that think players dont come to UT because of its history! You really are good for a laugh! I mean if that was the case why didnt Muffet win a NC at Lehigh? I mean players do sign because of a coach correct? Has nothing to do with the school itself? You are foolish to think players dont sign with a school! Geno is a pri$% yet he signs studs about every year, he doesnt sign them because of his gleaming personality, he signs them because he has rings on every finger and one toe, he signs them because the players know he will get the most out of them, but they also sign because its UConn the program with the most NC in womens basketball! It would be really nice to get back to joining them, but i guess mediocrity is what some accept around here!

laugh all you want, but here is a question! What is Holly's record against those mighty Lady Mocs?

Why do you keep throwing Holly in my face😂😂😂 I support her because I support the team. If changes are made so be it but right now she is in charge.

So go enjoy the 4-3 Lady Mocs and don’t forget to take your anti-anxiety meds.

As always #GOLadyMocs I mean #GoLV

I'm not convinced that comparing Holly's career start to either Pat or Geno's is a fair comparison.
When Pat started coaching she was only 22 years old and had ZERO coaching experience. When Geno took over Connecticut he was 31 and had held three assistant coach jobs over the course of 7 years. When Holly took over she was 52 and had been an assistant coach for three programs over 31 years -- at Tennessee with Pat for 27 years. That's way too much time sitting beside one of the greatest coaches of all time to then pretend that she was just getting started on her career in 2012. Head coach for the first time or NOT, I don't think Holly should really be considered a new coach who should be given a decade "to learn." IMO, that's ridiculous.

Simply an observation. I have stated plenty of times that I am also not a Holly fan.

Reactions: lvocd
hahaha, top programs all have top notch recruiters, Muffet can show a few rings to recruits, can holly do that as a Head Coach for anyone? but keep doing your best impression of an ostrich and the rest of us can stay back while the ship sinks around you! I really do have to laugh at the people here that think players dont come to UT because of its history! You really are good for a laugh! I mean if that was the case why didnt Muffet win a NC at Lehigh? I mean players do sign because of a coach correct? Has nothing to do with the school itself? You are foolish to think players dont sign with a school! Geno is a pri$% yet he signs studs about every year, he doesnt sign them because of his gleaming personality, he signs them because he has rings on every finger and one toe, he signs them because the players know he will get the most out of them, but they also sign because its UConn the program with the most NC in womens basketball! It would be really nice to get back to joining them, but i guess mediocrity is what some accept around here!

You can hardly string together two coherent sentences. It is pretty clear you don't follow women's basketball and I have no desire to carry on a debate with you.

You acting like you somehow have insider knowledge because you live in the same city as one of the players is laughable. You are right though, some people on this board really do have insider knowledge.

Simply an observation. I have stated plenty of times that I am also not a Holly fan.

For the record, I'm a big fan of Holly the Person, and it seems to me that most people are. I just haven't seen any evidence that she knows how to get the most out of all the excellent talent her staff keeps stocking her roster with.

Oh, okay I have been worn down by the board, No longer will I single-handedly keep Holly on as LV coach. I am now waving my magic wand and appointing Brad Stevens to the role. He will be running practice this afternoon. I hope someone can show up to help orient him. He may be a bit surprised to have been magically transported from Boston. Please bring a slice of Stefanos pizza cause he might have missed lunch.

For the record, I'm a big fan of Holly the Person, and it seems to me that most people are. I just haven't seen any evidence that she knows how to get the most out of all the excellent talent her staff keeps stocking her roster with.

We are on the same page, she seems like a top notch person, but her coaching leaves a lot to be desired. I just don't see the need to rant and rave about firing her when clearly the university has no intentions of doing any such thing. You can continue to be a fan or move on, but that's where we are. I love this board because I enjoy conversing with other Lady Vols fans and other fans of women's basketball in general. Most of the incessant posts about her firing are from people who don't follow women's ball closely and often from people who admittedly don't even follow the Lady Vols closely anymore.

Reactions: ruvol and lvocd

Always making excuses instead of saying the truth. It took pat 8yrs to reach final 4, does she had the same all macdonald's players Holly had for the past 7yrs? and if she does, I bet there was progress within those 8yrs. What we want to see from Holly is players improvement, growing, and not struggling with division 3 teams all the time.

Oh, okay I have been worn down by the board, No longer will I single-handedly keep Holly on as LV coach. I am now waving my magic wand and appointing Brad Stevens to the role. He will be running practice this afternoon. I hope someone can show up to help orient him. He may be a bit surprised to have been magically transported from Boston. Please bring a slice of Stefanos pizza cause he might have missed lunch.

This legit might be the post of 2018 😂

Well, i have people on here telling me they know that players go to a school for a head coach, while I know of one that didnt! You might just be a fan and not know anyone, but some people actually know things on this board, they know people, they know coaches, they might actually have inside information and aren't just pigheaded people that cannot admit they are WRONG about something just because their idol Pat Summit asked for a favor prior to her passing on that Holly be the head coach of UT LV BB! After 6 years it seems pretty easy to a lot of us that she isnt head coaching material, others have their head stuck in the sand because they cannot think Pat was wrong or made a mistake about something.

I am very close to someone who was involved in the recruitment of Jazmine, so I know plenty. And by “very close” I mean I gave birth to them.

VN Store

Back