Uab Game On Tv

Originally posted by Vol67@Jun 2, 2005 7:41 PM
And what about the Davy Crockett they replaced?
What about the Money ESPN pays when they are already whining about money
What about that weekend is also Labor Day weekend and the undertaking isn't all that much.
The way he handled everything was bad from the beginning.

Bad decisions all the way around

Most of the season ticket holders I talked to would rather have it on Sunday night than Saturday Morning.
[snapback]100314[/snapback]​

What about the "Hate" of ESPN by Vol fans? Who gives a damn about Davy Crockett (although he was once mayor and moonshiner in my hometown), heck not many know the frontiersman is Crockett anyway.

What about the fact that most of the 109,000 would prefer Saturday in Ktown rather than Sunday night?
Hamilton a Putz?

As far as the basketball coach, he didn't hire Peterson, but he did hire Pearl...a much better choice than the one we had. Our program was going nowhere and now we are investigating ourselves because Buzz's staff offered a recruit's father a job (that is illegal, comprende). So, I don't see what the problem is with Hamilton.

BHAMVOLFAN,
You need to get out and talk to the ticket holders 80% would perfer it to be Sunday night over Saturday Morning.

As far as the basketball coach --- learn to read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said the way IT WAS HANDLED. Get it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by BeltwayVol@Jun 2, 2005 8:50 PM
There are MAYBE 5% of people that associate Crockett with the University of Tennessee, and they are all over 40 I'm sure.

The undertaking IS a big deal BECAUSE of Labor day, and the Boomsday Celebrations going on in Knoxville.

He hasn't handled anything "bad from the begining" that I have seen, and he is MUCH better than turncoat Dickey.

He IS the AD, and he says that it is rougher on the fans to play on Sunday, and I agree.  Unless you are one of the oldtimers that sit on their hands all season long and bitch about how Fulmer isn't Johnny, or you are someone that doesn't HAVE to work for a living, then it IS harder for you to make a Sunday game.

You've never had good things to say about Mike, so I don't expect you to start now, and you don't have to.  You are allowed your opinion, and so am I.
]Unless you are one of the oldtimers that sit on their hands all season long and bitch about how Fulmer isn't Johnny, or you are someone that doesn't HAVE to work for a living, then it IS harder for you to make a Sunday game.

I don't know where that came from but you can shove it sideways!

Please tell me our opener isn't at 12:00 Saturday. I think I'll yack if its not under the lights... And I can't EVER remember a JP game at night.

What a anti-climatic piece of crap. A daytime game on a POS network when we should be playing nationally under the lights.

:finger:

"Shove it sideways"????

Well thats certainly a far difference from what I said about "You are allowed your opinion, and so am I." Yet I am the one that had a comment deleted by a mod or admin in the other thread.

Interesting.

You would think they would have PM'd me and told me why they did it.

They didn't, so I will just say it again here..... Is the mis-use of Mark Jones that you talked about in the other thread Mike Hamilton's fault too?

Probably just a bad day on the swing shift (I hope). A group of us that go to the games would much prefer Saturday even with the heat. But that is just my opinion and doesn't amount to much.

Well Freak let me know he accidently deleted my post, so I'm cool with that, and regardless what others think, I'm cool with the differing opinion of some in this thread. I just want them to know that when they state an opinion, I have the same right to post mine, and debate them on it respectfully.

Maybe we need a poll on this one. I think I would rather (from my personal perspective only) have it on Sunday night. I would much prefer a night game that time of year to a "high noon" game in the heat. I can understand the problems though with trying to make that happen. Maybe we should say forget about TV all together an play Saturday night.

I would rather have it on a Sunday night. I just like the night game atmosphere. It makes for better tailgating and I won't have to leave at 9 in the morning..

True, for a noon game I would have to leave at about 7:00 - 8:00 am.

Well, it&#39;s the first game of the year and we are all going to be in a hurry to get there instead of being able to take our time, set up our tailgating stuff and enjoying the day. I&#39;m sorry, but I&#39;m not going to get there at 7 in the morning and try to tailgate. <_<

Not fun, I agree. I think the heat will be the worst part and I just love the electricity of a night game in Neyland Stadium.

Well, I wasn&#39;t worried about the heat because my seats are in the shade for the most part, but for a noon game.....you&#39;re right, we&#39;re all gonna fry.

Those medic carts will be in full effect.

This pretty much ruined my plans...i doubt i can get off work for a noon saturday game the week after i get off vacation

Yep, and I bet you that half of our players will have to go out at some point from cramps.

That sucks JSB. I like the new sig though -- good job milo.

Originally posted by BeltwayVol@Jun 2, 2005 10:35 PM

They didn&#39;t, so I will just say it again here..... Is the mis-use of Mark Jones that you talked about in the other thread Mike Hamilton&#39;s fault too?
[snapback]100359[/snapback]​

--

Originally posted by volmanjr@Jun 2, 2005 12:18 PM
personally I could care less about Rigg&#39;s hypesman shot, especially that early in the season, UT will get plenty of national attention playing against the Urban Myth, and Visor Boy, and if we beat them and ND and LSU, Riggs shot will be as good as he&#39;ll get. Sun or Sat makes no difference to me either, but I do like the extra day before Fl better and as stated above take care of the Blazers first an upset by them would really be a tarnish on this projected stellar season.
[snapback]100142[/snapback]​

I agree&#33;&#33;&#33; :rocks:

VN Store

Back