U.T. athletics ticket office incompetency! Does the product equal the price?

One of the most accurate posts I've seen on this board. Brings to mind an old saying about keeping your head up and eyes open because everything that spends life with its head down gets slaughtered and eaten. Social media is a scourge on mankind.
I would guess the ticket office people are working from home as well. More distractions than just social media. They do hire college students for this.

I learned as a young married college student how to approach things like this with effect....I bought a bag of dog food from a large grocer chain, got it home and the entire bag was mold inside. I took it back and they would not replace it since I had left the property with it. So happens, a close friend who was in his last year of law school and his wife were visiting for dinner that evening. At his insistence we returned to the store where he handled it with precision. I'll never forget what he told the lady denying the exchange...."Ma'am I perceive you do not make enough money to hear what I'm about to say so you might want to get the person here who DOES make that kind of money"....she summoned the manager and the bag was replaced instantly. Customer service sometimes has to be "forced" doesn't it? He's now an Attorney General. Smart man.
I was involved in some govt contract issues for a company I worked for. It was a hardware/software/services contract over a decade span. My role was to refresh the contract by replacing obsolete items with new functionality that met the original spec. Of course it isn't always apples to apples as products evolve, so there was some friction as some of the products were not renewed.

So adding to tennrich1's comment - my boss got involved and he said something I'll never forget.. (Actually two things I'll never forget, but the first one is the only one relevant). He said, "The tree shakes easier at the top".

The other one that stuck with me was "If they want to chew my a$$, at this point all they will get is 'scar tissue'. "

He was a good boss.

I was involved in some govt contract issues for a company I worked for. It was a hardware/software/services contract over a decade span. My role was to refresh the contract by replacing obsolete items with new functionality that met the original spec. Of course it isn't always apples to apples as products evolve, so there was some friction as some of the products were not renewed.

So adding to tennrich1's comment - my boss got involved and he said something I'll never forget.. (Actually two things I'll never forget, but the first one is the only one relevant). He said, "The tree shakes easier at the top".

The other one that stuck with me was "If they want to chew my a$$, at this point all they will get is 'scar tissue'. "

He was a good boss.
Great story! That is funny! There is an art to taking a chewing out and keep on smiling. I was in a career with life/death stresses (literally) and made for some serious tense “discussion” after things calmed down. Chew outs went with the territory.

I’m sure that it’s difficult for her to answer phone calls while keeping up with social media on her phone.
For real! Have you ever tried to put together a well thought out tweet, while someone is asking annoying questions about work related stuff? I’m like, hello, I’m trying to tweet here! SMH.
GBO!!

Few things in life make me more angry than indifferent customer service reps who act like you are a burden to them

For the OP and all readers please consider this: calmly get their name. Now you may escalate up to their manager.

Industrial Psychology reports have shown that writing a letter to the manager is 10 to 100 time more effective than a call. Managers are busy people and it can be easy to forget a short discussion on the phone.

A letter in front of them delivers your message so much more effectively.

It's worked for me a number of times.
Would a text be considered writing a letter?
Asking for a friend...
GBO!!

the ticket office people could not care less about fans---they just put in their hours and go home.

VN Store

Back