Tyler Trent (RIP 1/1/2019)

mrmax86

Fight. Strain. Compete.
As a Lafayette Resident (I live 15 minutes from Ross-Ade Stadium), this one really hit me. Thought I would share on here for those who haven't seen.

I hope the Boilermakers can pull out a win vs. OSU tonight, for Tyler.

Get the tissues ready.

God bless his family. The young man provided an example of living life in spite of circumstances to everyone especially to those who are facing cancer.

Reactions: JuicyBrucey
Not to start a debate, but I’m a Christian and sometimes I question why God let’s this happen to some people. There has to be a reason but I just don’t get it.

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
The kid was a fighter, he made an impact on a lot of people and will be remembered.

Not to start a debate, but I’m a Christian and sometimes I question why God let’s this happen to some people. There has to be a reason but I just don’t get it.

man, ... it's a big thing. It's ok if we don't "get it", and I don't think anyone here is going to debate you on it. Life is a path and a process. This (young) man really nailed it down the home stretch.

- sending love and all the good wishes to his family and friends.

I think God sees things on a macro-scale that we can't. He knows he's going to a better place.

This is just my opinion and I don't want to stir anything.

I would say that Tyler's story and spirit have changed thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of lives, through a renewed dedication to fighting cancer/funding cancer research, as well, his positive, selfless attitude in the face of what has to be immense fear of death, and severe physical pain/psychological anguish has provided the thousands a great deal of perspective. He's a true hero. So, I'd say Tyler's life and death will prove, over time, to have had an immense impact on society.

I'm so glad that ESPN ran his story. We all needed to hear/see it.

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol and SDV
I remember when they interviewed him during the OSU game. What a great and courageous young man. RIP.

So sorry to hear this. What a man of character courage and value. He kept on smiling when things weren’t going well and he fought clear to the end. RIP Tyler!! You were an inspiration to all of us. Prayers for your family friends and the Purdue community as they come to terms of this sudden loss...

Here's another video, his interview accepting the Disney Spirit Award at the College Football Awards. Posted by SportsCenter this morning. @SDV

Announced today by Purdue

The student gate at Purdue’s Ross-Ade Stadium will be renamed the “T2 Gate” in honor of superfan and graduate Tyler Trent. There will also be a plaque next to the gate which will tell future generations who he was and what he will always mean in Purdue history.

55552053_10157434227204575_2588502138472628224_n.jpg

VN Store

Back