Tyler Trent (RIP 1/1/2019)

SDV

Not to start a debate, but I’m a Christian and sometimes I question why God let’s this happen to some people. There has to be a reason but I just don’t get it.

RiverVol

Not to start a debate, but I’m a Christian and sometimes I question why God let’s this happen to some people. There has to be a reason but I just don’t get it.
man, ... it's a big thing. It's ok if we don't "get it", and I don't think anyone here is going to debate you on it. Life is a path and a process. This (young) man really nailed it down the home stretch.

- sending love and all the good wishes to his family and friends.

Matt2496

I think God sees things on a macro-scale that we can't. He knows he's going to a better place.

This is just my opinion and I don't want to stir anything.

mrmax86

Quality Over Quantity
I would say that Tyler's story and spirit have changed thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of lives, through a renewed dedication to fighting cancer/funding cancer research, as well, his positive, selfless attitude in the face of what has to be immense fear of death, and severe physical pain/psychological anguish has provided the thousands a great deal of perspective. He's a true hero. So, I'd say Tyler's life and death will prove, over time, to have had an immense impact on society.

I'm so glad that ESPN ran his story. We all needed to hear/see it.

diehardvolsfan

So sorry to hear this. What a man of character courage and value. He kept on smiling when things weren’t going well and he fought clear to the end. RIP Tyler!! You were an inspiration to all of us. Prayers for your family friends and the Purdue community as they come to terms of this sudden loss...

mrmax86

Quality Over Quantity
Here's another video, his interview accepting the Disney Spirit Award at the College Football Awards. Posted by SportsCenter this morning. @SDV

VN Store

Sponsors