Tyler Smith...

Nobody knows but him. I am sure he will want to see what happens next. He is already signed so he would have to sit out a year if he went elsewhere, right?

Right. Lets just see who we bring in. Maybe who we bring in will bring in better recruits.

If UT gets what the "experts" consider a good hire then I doubt he will want to change his mind.

Are these the same experts who said Buzz was a good hire for UT ---- all of them did.

Due to coahcing change T. Smith can request a release from UT and for the NCAA to allow him to play this fall.

Originally posted by TNVOLS1@Mar 14, 2005 9:34 PM
Are these the same experts who said Buzz was a good hire for UT ---- all of them did.

Due to coahcing change T. Smith can request a release from UT and for the NCAA to allow him to play this fall.

but we don't have to release him correct?

lots of big schools are after him too. unc, kansas, alabama

not good news guys.. also i hope lofton stays around. we really need him.

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly@Mar 14, 2005 9:53 PM
lots of big schools are after him too. unc, kansas, alabama

not good news guys.. also i hope lofton stays around. we really need him.

How can these schools be "after him"? I am sure it would be a violation if they contacted him.

UT doesn't have to release him but odds are very good he would win on appeal, NCAA has set the precident by allowing others in the same situation to do it.

Originally posted by TNVOLS1@Mar 14, 2005 9:56 PM
UT doesn't have to release him but odds are very good he would win on appeal, NCAA has set the precident by allowing others in the same situation to do it.

Gotcha. Thanks.

I say get rid of EVERYBODY but Chris Lofton and start from scratch.

Y'all know I'm just foolin'.

If smith can come in and make an impact like Lofton did this year, watch out. With leadership at our pg postion in watson, a star in lofton, and with smith on the inside, we can be a force next year.

Originally posted by vols2345@Mar 14, 2005 10:30 PM
we can be a force next year.

:blink: With a new coach, anything over 15-16 wins will be gravy.

hey a new coach can mean everything to a team. this isn't football were you need great skill to win. If you can get a coach in there who can get his players to play with heart and actually box out and play some defense (something we have seriously lacked in the Buzz era) then we can have a good team.

If we all just accept that we will never be a force in men's basketball, we would be better off.

Or maybe if we all pull for them to lose......they might win.... :question:

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Mar 14, 2005 10:19 PM
If we all just accept that we will never be a force in men's basketball, we would be better off.

Or maybe if we all pull for them to lose......they might win.... :question:

:dlol: :eek:lol: :dlol: :eek:lol: :dlol: :eek:lol:

Originally posted by TNVOLS1@Mar 14, 2005 11:20 PM
New coach will not win 15 games next year.

Do you know what lotto numbers I should pick tomorrow? :p

15 games may be tuff with no inside game at all. We may really NEED to go with a "LEBO" style offense next year.

VN Store

Back