Ty Simpson to Bama

He's what, 17? Lifelong for him is a lot different than someone approaching 60.

Besides, this is not a just fan decision for him, it's a professional decision. At his age and what he wants do in his life, he is entitled to make whatever decision he wants and still be a fan. We got to, so should he.

Finally, for what it's worthy, feel free to make fandom decisions for yourself as you see fit, but you have no right to decide what other peoples fandom should look like. I don't let people like you affect me, but it is just a silly look for you.

Lifelong for him is the last 6-8 years. Not a lot to cheer for over that time period. We’ve only gotten worse as he’s gotten older. And Bama hasn’t seemed like our most hated rival, because the rivalry hasn’t been close while he’s been a fan. He was probably certain that he wasn’t going to Vandy because that’s a much closer rivalry recently.

I’m amazed people are mad at him for not choosing us. We should be mad at ourselves for sucking so bad that he doesn’t want to choose us.

Ok pal. Not sure if you’re naive or completely clueless but where do you think Pruitt learned to cheat? He cheated at FSU, Bama and Georgia. This isn’t an isolated case and hell even going back to Fulmer players got paid.
O GREAT ONE ENLIGHTEN ME

it’s only a snapshot in time, but KC offense looking like a clown show in the Super Bowl this year is not helping us sell this thing to guys with nfl dreams.
“You don’t want to be a hack like Pat Mahomes! We’ll whip you up into a Greg McElroy in no time!”

Reactions: ArdentVol
Wait, so are you a Vol fan or posing as a Vol fan ? I thought so. You get over it !

Besides, this is not a just fan decision for him, it's a professional decision. At his age and what he wants do in his life, he is entitled to make whatever decision he wants and still be a fan. We got to, so should he.

Finally, for what it's worthy, feel free to make fandom decisions for yourself as you see fit, but you have no right to decide what other peoples fandom should look like. I don't let people like you affect me, but it is just a silly look for you.
In 2020 Ty Simpson had less than 1900 yards passing, 61% completion rate, does not wow anyone with his arm strength, runs a 4.9, plays in class 3A, and is touted as a duel threat QB but he’s ranked the number 3 pro style QB. OK. 😂😂😂😂 If I recall correctly those are JG type numbers and we all know how that faired. I’m not concerned about losing him to Bama to say the least.
Not a huge loss. We have a solid QB room for the next few years. I’m more concerned about the #1 guy in TN. That’s the side of the ball where we need love
Is this all coming from the same IP?

The Freeze people are even more delusional than the “Bring Back Bruce” people. Hiring a guy with a 10 mile long NCAA rap sheet during an NCAA investigation is basically asking for the death penalty. It tells them you didn’t really care about Pruitt’s violations and only used them to fire him at no cost because you were dissatisfied with the W/L record.
10 mile long rap sheet? That's a lie and you know it. He has had infractions exactly once. He has had infractions no more times than Bruce Pearl, whom the last time I checked is coaching again in the SEC and doing well. Auburn was not under investigation when they hired Pearl - but they hired him, and were not in any way, shape, or form penalized for it by the NCAA.

Go ahead and try to explain how the NCAA can employ a different standard for a program under investigation than one that is not. That's why they have show cause - it clearly and specifically identifies that there are restrictions for any school considering hiring a coach under that penalty. The NCAA does not have a separate set of conditions for schools under investigation; there isn't such a thing as a show cause for schools being investigated but not for schools that aren't.

I'm still waiting for you or any of the other dishonest Freeze detractors/sunshine pumpers to even attempt to address the point I have made several times, and which no one has dared come within ten feet of because you know it shoots your facile, juvenile, mindless lies all to pieces: if the NCAA even thought about giving us even the tiniest single extra penalty, just one extra scholarship taken away, one less recruiting visit, anything, because we hired a coach who had served his punishment and was completely free and clear of all restrictions, and had been gainfully employed by another NCAA Division I member school for nearly four years with zero infractions, they would open themselves up to a lawsuit. And they wouldn't just open themselves to it - make no mistake, they would be sued, and rightfully so, by Freeze, and he would win.

The whole of our justice system is built around the idea that once someone has served his punishment, he can't be punished again for the same crime. There's even a term for it: double jeopardy.

If Freeze were still under show cause, it would be foolish to consider him - that is inarguable. It's more foolish to suggest that someone who has done his time, and furthermore has been gainfully employed without incident by another NCAA school for nearly four years now, could not have been considered. It's just disingenuous, dishonest, and asinine. More bluntly, it's a lie perpetuated to cover over the unconscionable negligence of the UT boosters for not going after one of the very best coaches in the country, and far and away the best coach we have had a chance at in decades.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
His dad is the head coach at UT Martin
True. And good friends with the Michigan head coach. His father's friend offered Ty as an 8th grader. That, of course, created national attention. Ty was listed as being taller in the 8th grade (6'3) than now (6'2"). Maybe a tad under 6'1" is actual. His high school team is 3A and got beat 70 to something in 2019 by one of the smallest 1A schools in the state (Lake County). The team gets beat badly on most Friday nights. If you cannot smell what this is all about then Covid has damaged your sense of smell. I'm just keeping it real by pointing out some facts that most people on this site do not know.

I'm telling you he may have all the tools but he has not faced any of the competition he is about to and it will be a culture shock. Bailey, Salter and hopefully if we get Horn have all faced competition in high school that Simpson has not and they will not have as much of a learning curve speed and talent wise. He will be a 2 or 3 year project no matter where he winds up. Playing 3A in Tenn is a long way from 6A in Texas and 7A in Ga. and it will show.

Tua played HS in Hawaii, right? Not a lot of powerhouses from there if memory serves me right.

Tua played HS in Hawaii, right? Not a lot of powerhouses from there if memory serves me right.
Time will tell but he will be playing behind the number 1 recruit in the country in 2020 so we will see how he adjust to the speed of the game. Not many 4 and 5 star players in 3A football in Tn. so he will be a 2 or 3 year project for them and I feel sure they will get another 5* QB next year as well to compete against.

True. And good friends with the Michigan head coach. His father's friend offered Ty as an 8th grader. That, of course, created national attention. Ty was listed as being taller in the 8th grade (6'3) than now (6'2"). Maybe a tad under 6'1" is actual. His high school team is 3A and got beat 70 to something in 2019 by one of the smallest 1A schools in the state (Lake County). The team gets beat badly on most Friday nights. If you cannot smell what this is all about then Covid has damaged your sense of smell. I'm just keeping it real by pointing out some facts that most people on this site do not know.
Except COVID isn’t real. It was a plot cooked up by Pruitt to keep Guarantano here as long as possible. Luckily we snuffed the plot out!

They also do have a stellar track record of setting marginal college QBs who are little more than game managing scat backs to be high draft picks and get a big pay day. Bottom line, their QBs get drafted and what they do once that happens is on them.

All true. Then they're on the "whatever happened to so and so...." YouTube special.

Not a popular opinion but both of those dudes are in the Tebow, Manziel category and would not have been drafted near as high as they were without playing on college championship teams.

Like I told a big New England fan.....please....draft Mac Jones. I'll take those odds all day. From a Dolphins fan. I can't control who the NFL drafts.......history has proven they're not that much smarter in their choices.

Sorry, I don’t think anyone sees Bama’s offensive production over the last several years and thinks their QB was just a ‘game manager.’ Hurts went at the top of the second, Tua was a first rounder and Mac Jones is predicted to be a mid 1st rounder this year and all 3 won championships. That is why Ty chose Alabama.

Tua didn't look like a game manager, but he's certainly looking like he needs to up his game when not everyone is a relative 5* around him.. The jury is out on two of them. One hasn't taken a snap.

We'll see this year. Tua could surprise. I have no faith in the other two. Jones is pretty close to a game manager.

All of that stuff sounds great when there is no consequence to your decision. You do the right thing when it matters.

Example: When the time comes this October, a lot of posters will pick Tennessee to beat Alabama because they just don't have the heart to ever pick against Tennessee.

However, if i take that same individual and force them to place an amount of money on the game (without a point spread) that would be meaningful, all of the "I don't have the heart to pick against Tennessee" crowd would place money on Alabama so fast it would make your head spin.

Sorry to disagree but I grew up in Ktown and moved to Chatt. I have found that the term Vol fan is not as strong outside of Ktown. He is in upper West TN so I doubt he was what I consider to be a true Vol fan and going to bama to sit on the bench and may never play. Understand why he did not go to UT with the state our program but he had other offers at top program beside bama and would have a chance to play.

I could’ve just missed it but I don’t think he ever actually said he was a lifelong UT fan. He said Ole Miss was his dream school. His dad is originally from Mississippi
Well I if miss stated what I have been seeing lately, sorry. With him being from Martin in West TN, that makes more sense.

Wow nice reply. Yes, understand that it is his decision and understand why he did not come to UT. I was questioning the tag that he was a life long UT fan when go to bama to sit on the bench instead of going to another top team where he could. Again as you clearly stated it is not my decision but not sure how you got that out of my post. Someone posted that he was a Ole Miss fan which actually make so sense about his decision.

10 mile long rap sheet? That's a lie and you know it. He has had infractions exactly once. He has had infractions no more times than Bruce Pearl, whom the last time I checked is coaching again in the SEC and doing well. Auburn was not under investigation when they hired Pearl - but they hired him, and were not in any way, shape, or form penalized for it by the NCAA.

Go ahead and try to explain how the NCAA can employ a different standard for a program under investigation than one that is not. That's why they have show cause - it clearly and specifically identifies that there are restrictions for any school considering hiring a coach under that penalty. The NCAA does not have a separate set of conditions for schools under investigation; there isn't such a thing as a show cause for schools being investigated but not for schools that aren't.

I'm still waiting for you or any of the other dishonest Freeze detractors/sunshine pumpers to even attempt to address the point I have made several times, and which no one has dared come within ten feet of because you know it shoots your facile, juvenile, mindless lies all to pieces: if the NCAA even thought about giving us even the tiniest single extra penalty, just one extra scholarship taken away, one less recruiting visit, anything, because we hired a coach who had served his punishment and was completely free and clear of all restrictions, and had been gainfully employed by another NCAA Division I member school for nearly four years with zero infractions, they would open themselves up to a lawsuit. And they wouldn't just open themselves to it - make no mistake, they would be sued, and rightfully so, by Freeze, and he would win.

The whole of our justice system is built around the idea that once someone has served his punishment, he can't be punished again for the same crime. There's even a term for it: double jeopardy.

If Freeze were still under show cause, it would be foolish to consider him - that is inarguable. It's more foolish to suggest that someone who has done his time, and furthermore has been gainfully employed without incident by another NCAA school for nearly four years now, could not have been considered. It's just disingenuous, dishonest, and asinine. More bluntly, it's a lie perpetuated to cover over the unconscionable negligence of the UT boosters for not going after one of the very best coaches in the country, and far and away the best coach we have had a chance at in decades.

Tell me, where is AU seeded for the upcoming SEC tournament? You still think their antennas are not up when you hire a guy with infractions on their sheet? Let's see.... three counts of feeding a kid BBQ vs what ever he did with the hookers at UM. How many games did the NCAA make UT write off after he was forced out? That is apples right? I doubt the NCAA or the SEC told UT that could not take the risk while under investigation, bet they knew they did not have to. I don't know why UM did hot hire him back instead of taking on Kiffin. Would fit the we should bring back Bruce to UT logic. i personally do not think he will be hired by a relevant P5 program till he takes on one more lower tier job and remains squeaky clean. One stint at a private school is probably not enough to tip the risk/reward meter in his favor. The risk of additional infractions may not go up, but the risk of an extra big hammer if they happen has to be on AD's minds. The "what were you thinking" factor will always be in play, written down or not.

Worst football coach this University has ever had.

At least with Butch, there was some excitement.

I still don’t understand putting Butch in this conversation. So many act like he was our worst coach before Pruitt. Derek Dooley was much worse. Dooley never had a record above .500. Not once. Butch was 3-0 in bowl games, beat Florida, beat Georgia twice, and beat a good VT team in Bristol. He had two 9-win seasons before the wheels fell off. Butch was heads and shoulders better than Dooley, but so many UT fans act like Dooley was better because he said mama and britches.

VN Store

Back