Ty Simpson to Bama

I’m not sure why anyone thought he was coming here. He made a business decision without his emotions getting in the way. Good luck to him. And there’s always the transfer portal if he changes his mind. Next.
I wouldn’t make a very good coach because once he committed to that school his name would be removed from my phone

Let’s face it, as long as Alabama is winning kids are going to want to play there. Nobody is going to convince me to change my mind that a lot of kids are only looking at the quickest way to the NFL, and at this time Alabama is it. They don’t want to try and build up a program, they want to go to a established winning team. Can someone tell many how many five star players were lining up to play for Alabama before Saban got there?

Reactions: LaserRocketArm
That's the 1,000 lb. gorilla in the room. This prospect should have been a lay up for any head coach at UTK under even mediocre circumstances within the program. We are in or near the bottom of a deep crater. An accomplished head coach could have at least talked his way into getting Simpson to delay his decision. The fact that we didn't even get that tells me we're screwed on the recruiting front for the foreseeable future. If that doesn't change ASAP by overachieving on the field in a big way this Fall, CJH's goose is pretty much cooked before the oven even gets warmed up.

Well, he did postpone his decision for a week. I just think at the end of the day; he looked at an unfamiliar coaching staff, the returning roster, the sanctions, the cloud of negativity and the horrible track record of this program and decided he couldn’t risk his future here. I hate it but CJH is not to blame. It took the better part of a decade to get this low. CJH has only been here a month.

1. If I’m a 5 star QB and a “lifelong VOLS fan”, I’m signing with UT to right the ship and prove my bad-assery. Guaranteed 1st round NFL pick if I succeed in achieving my goals.

2. If my son was a 5 Star QB and a “lifelong VOLS fan” and he chose Alabama, I’d go watch every game in VOLS gear. I’d hope he threw for 400 yards and 4 Touchdowns in every game, and hope he lost every game!
Even the Anderson family had a kid go play for Alabama (Keaton) and they've donated $50 million to the athletic department. The training center has their name. Kids want to win, and nobody likes an NCAA cloud.

Looking ahead, the first thing that needs to happen to help towards the 2022 class, is this internal investigation needs to be wrapped up before June with a self-imposed punishment submitted to the NCAA. I would go ahead and take a one year bowl ban with a few recruiting restrictions and see how it sails.

Man there's some on here that need to really look deep down and decide if they are going to be fans or not, all I keep seeing in these forums are "don't blame him" or " I wouldn't send my kid here", "don't blame him for entering the portal" People I know it's been a horrible decade + but damn be a fan or not and stop feeling sorry for yourselves, get back to talking **** to players that go elsewhere. This is the University of Tennessee and we will rise again.

Well, he did postpone his decision for a week. I just think at the end of the day; he looked at an unfamiliar coaching staff, the returning roster, the sanctions, the cloud of negativity and the horrible track record of this program and decided he couldn’t risk his future here. I hate it but CJH is not to blame. It took the better part of a decade to get this low. CJH has only been here a month.
Other than just blind loyalty, there was no reason for him to pick Tennessee. However, QB will probably be among the least of our concerns in two years. Salter is the real deal.

Reactions: JBVolunteer
When that pine bench at Bama pinches him in the but he will be in to portal for Tennessee......................Tell him to go elsewhere !!!!!! We don't want him.
A 5 * by Rivals? I watched all the highlights I could find. Okay, then I saw some 15 and 20 star QBs in the state championship games back in December.

I wish the kid good luck, but this has a real Patrick Turner/Marlon Brown feel to it

why go to UT? the admin at the school has been terrible, and how many good players left? oline has sucked for years also

Man there's some on here that need to really look deep down and decide if they are going to be fans or not, all I keep seeing in these forums are "don't blame him" or " I wouldn't send my kid here", "don't blame him for entering the portal" People I know it's been a horrible decade + but damn be a fan or not and stop feeling sorry for yourselves, get back to talking **** to players that go elsewhere. This is the University of Tennessee and we will rise again.

Nah

This program is SMU now

I think that is what stunk the most for me. If you don't see yourself here no one can argue that. But to go to Bama is just the worst possible outcome for the program. Clemson, OSU, Ole Miss...... Not ideal but at least we don't have to watch the in state QB talent of the decade beat us for the next few years......

Good news is he's a kid and I'm now officially over it. More to worry about today that is material to my life.

Edit: My tinfoil hat moment made me wonder if Pruitt told him to go to Bama and stick it to Tenn.

got me with your tinfoil har.
if it had been son, and we knew he was academically gifted and had pick of where to play, I'd try to nudge him toward Stanford or an Ivy. May even a Division III program that was strong academically. Would like my son to have a collegiate experience over a professional training camp that offers a sprinkling of liberal arts

VN Store

Back