Ty Chandler Doing Well

The first point is debatable. The second point is completely false.
The first point isn't debatable. His carries were being cut back last year while Small was starting to get more.

Do you have proof the second is false? Had he stayed, he would have been in UT's rotation right now. He may have been the starter. He would have actually played in a system that highlighted his ability as a pass receiver and one cut runner.

The first point isn't debatable. His carries were being cut back last year while Small was starting to get more.

Do you have proof the second is false? Had he stayed, he would have been in UT's rotation right now. He may have been the ser. He would have actually played in a system that highlighted his ability as a pass receiver and one cut runner.

His carries were cut back because he had an idiot for a head coach, coupled with some injuries. Small is a good little back but he had nothing to do with TCs lack of carries.

His carries were cut back because he had an idiot for a head coach, coupled with some injuries.
Which injuries? I remember this discussion at the time and the talk was that Small was coming on and taking those carries. I don't hate Chandler by any stretch. His leadership would have helped. But he was never more than a #2 type of back at UT.

Small is a good little back but he had nothing to do with TCs lack of carries.
I don't even know that he is a good RB but his carries and PT did not come at Gray's expense.

I'm not gonna say too much about the other.
Why? He wouldn't be the first player to leave a new coach because they didn't see eye to eye or simply because of the unknowns. People here make it out like players only leave because they hate the coach... but that's probably not even a fraction of those who leave a program. Some leave for opportunity. Some leave for education. Some leave for a girlfriend... we've seen it.

Certainly not all his fault by any means, but Chandler was just a mediocre performer at TN. A new start was probably good for him. I don’t blame anyone that wants to transfer if their heart isn’t truly at TN. Good for him (as long as he isn’t facing the VOLS in a bowl, which isn’t likely)

I'm happy for Ty. He fits a lot better in Mack Brown's scheme than Pruitt's. He would've fit well in Heupel's, but he entered the portal before Pruitt was even fired.

I'm rooting for most of our transfers, except for the a-hole that went to Bama.

not if they ain’t playing here. If you ain’t with us, then you’re against us.
Lol so we're only allowed to be care about players while they are here.
Did it ever occur to you that maybe some people are simply curious at how many players end up having better careers elsewhere?

Just a comparison between two TN running backs. One is considered a top 10 RB in TN history by many. The other is Ty Chandler.

Player A Stats
515 total touches
2536 scrimmage yards
4.8 yards/rush
22 total TDs

Player B Stats
479 total touches
2511 scrimmage yards
4.9 yards/rush
16 total TDs

Great. Let the UNC folk praise him. I have better things to worry about than quitters on a team I love.

Lol so we're only allowed to be care about players while they are here.
Did it ever occur to you that maybe some people are simply curious at how many players end up having better careers elsewhere?

Players playing somewhere else never occur to me. In my book there’s one team, f everybody else. Soft fans such as yourself have allowed this program to yank.

Except for the free COVID year he would have exhausted his eligibility. He competed and contributed to the team every year despite coaching turnover and injury. Anyone not wishing him the best is sour grapes. Dude is a VFL
You can’t willingly leave Tennessee for another college team and be a VFL. I still wish him well he was a good player

He wasn't able to beat out the "paid" player that transferred as soon as investigation hit. TC got his degree and moved on. Pruitt was always gonna play his favorite$.

Reactions: Sarms58
Players playing somewhere else never occur to me. In my book there’s one team, f everybody else. Soft fans such as yourself have allowed this program to yank.
Haha what in the heck are you talking about?
Me: "Isn't it interesting how players we thought were just average leave UT and end up having more success elsewhere?"
Geniuses like yourself: "YeR sOfT aNd ThE rEaSoN wE sUcK!"

VN Store

Back