'22 TX WR Evan Stewart (Oregon)

First one mostly, wants to blame everything on mental health. I admit I have terrible mental health right now because my life hasn’t been the same for nearly 9 months now. I have post concussion syndrome and what I believe to be a rare syndrome called Visual Snow Syndrome, which is a horrible thing to live with. She just keeps pushing mental health, and yeah I need to improve it, but it’s kinda hard to do that when you have migraines almost every single day, and your vision is weird as hell, and that’s not even half of it. She just nods and throws pills at me and tries to get through appointment asap. I get it, it’s not her specialty to be trying to treat a rare neurological condition, but it’s hard to even get into a neuro that I can reasonably afford, which will just bring me to politics and I don’t feel like talking politics. lol I guess I get annoyed when doctors don’t take you seriously and are pretty much saying “it’s all in your head” and wants to just throw pills at you for anxiety. There’s no real standard treatment for Visual Snow Syndrome and I’ve basically had to self diagnose it because I can’t even get a referral to a neuro doctor.

Go to a different PCP and tell them you want a referral to a neuro. Don’t let them tell you no. Be your own strongest advocate, no one else is gonna do it for you.

Go to a different PCP and tell them you want a referral to a neuro. Don’t let them tell you no. Be your own strongest advocate, no one else is gonna do it for you.
Agree. You've got to advocate for yourself. Most doctors and other medical professionals mean well, but they often times have so many patients and are so taxed for time that many of them fall into the trap of wanting to categorize everything into something they are familiar with that has cookie cutter treatment and if it's an unusual condition they don't know how to deal with it. Seen that many times, personally with people I know and professionally.

Reactions: MarcoVol

I hear you, but I’m limited in options atm.

First one mostly, wants to blame everything on mental health. I admit I have terrible mental health right now because my life hasn’t been the same for nearly 9 months now. I have post concussion syndrome and what I believe to be a rare syndrome called Visual Snow Syndrome, which is a horrible thing to live with. She just keeps pushing mental health, and yeah I need to improve it, but it’s kinda hard to do that when you have migraines almost every single day, and your vision is weird as hell, and that’s not even half of it. She just nods and throws pills at me and tries to get through appointment asap. I get it, it’s not her specialty to be trying to treat a rare neurological condition, but it’s hard to even get into a neuro that I can reasonably afford, which will just bring me to politics and I don’t feel like talking politics. lol I guess I get annoyed when doctors don’t take you seriously and are pretty much saying “it’s all in your head” and wants to just throw pills at you for anxiety. There’s no real standard treatment for Visual Snow Syndrome and I’ve basically had to self diagnose it because I can’t even get a referral to a neuro doctor.
Praying for you Sir.

Have you tried Mayo Clinic? Gotta push these people.

Haven’t but thinking about it. And thank you, appreciate it.
My sister has a rare auto immune disorder. They were able to recommend immediate surgery that helped her immensely, removing 25% dead lung mass.

Reactions: Glitch
Don’t take no for an answer from your current doc then. Insist that you get a referral.

no worries, I can get a referral from my ophthalmologist to a neuro ophthalmologist, it’ll just take some time. The syndrome I mostly likely have is just been recently studied so there’s basically no widely effective treatments, but I obviously just want to rule out anything else and get a proper diagnosis instead of a self diagnosis, just been like pulling teeth. But I’ll get there. Thanks

Reactions: MarcoVol

VN Store

Back