'21 TX WDE Landyn Watson (TCU commit)

Already committed and decommitted to LSU.

Lives in Texas so must be a Texas lean.

Landyn Watson was supposed to be a traveling man this spring, taking a closer look at several programs that had been recruiting him hard and some that had recently extended offers. Instead, he's used the time away to think. What he's sorted out is four schools certain to host him for an official visit -- whenever the CoVid19 pandemic slows down and the NCAA ends its dead period -- as well as a general timeline for his commitment. Watson revealed those four schools, discussed their recruiting efforts and more with Rivals.
On Virginia Tech: "My relationship with Virginia Tech has been great. They text me and my parents daily and the people up there are very genuine. Me and my family got a great feeling when we visited and it's a school I could possibly see myself playing at. We talk to Coach (Justin) Fuente, Coach (Bill) Teerlinck, Coach (Darryl) Tapp and Coach (Beau) Davidson a lot. They treat us like family and that stands out to me and my family."
On Tennessee: "I've liked Tennessee a lot. They are in constant contact with me. When I get on Zoom with Coach (Shelton) Felton and he shows me how I am gonna be used in their system and how I can cause havoc on defense for them. They are genuine as well. They have been in contact me with me and also my family as well."
On Arizona State: "Coach (Robert) Rodriguez has been showing me how he can develop me as a player and as a young man. The entire coaching staff has been in contact with me. Arizona State is one of those schools that I haven't visited yet, but they want me to visit before I make a decision."
On Penn State: "I have been in contact with Coach (James) Franklin and Coach (John) Scott a lot. I appreciate that during this time with the virus that they aren't taking a step back in regards to recruiting me. They are real genuine and the conversations with Coach Scott and Coach Franklin, with my family, have been great."
On decision timeline: "Well, that (the pandemic) had a little to do with it. I want to take all five of my official visits and really get a feel for all of the programs before I decide. I wanted to do it at my school and have it be special because my coaches have helped me throughout my recruiting process, so it's only right to do it at my high school."
RIVALS REACTION
My FutureCast remains on Virginia Tech, which has been a team surging for the four-star Hutto (Texas) defensive end dating back to his decommitment from LSU over the fall.
Of all the schools included in Watson's lead group, he has only visited Virginia Tech -- and that was a positive return. The four-star defensive end intends to see Penn State, Tennessee and Arizona State all before finalizing any plans, but until then, each of those schools have some substantial ground to make up.
-Sam Spiegelman (Rivals)

I’m going to say that since he knows VT’s full title and he’s in Texas that there’s a decent chance he’s going there lol. Good for him.

I’m going to say that since he knows VT’s full title and he’s in Texas that there’s a decent chance he’s going there lol. Good for him.
Saw a dude decommit from there a few days ago and used the whole name. Goes both ways.

VN Store

Back