'24 TX S Jaydan Hardy (Legacy)

Kid with a very high football IQ, but doesn't have elite measurables. He just doesn't fit the mold of getting more athletic defensively. I don't know if we're actively pursuing him or not. JMO.
Bama offer would lead me to believe at least some of this isn't accurate. I'll look at some film.

Bama offer would lead me to believe at least some of this isn't accurate. I'll look at some film.
Look at his size and watch his highlights.
Not all offers are commitable, and sometimes they are handed out while a staff continues to evaluate.

Look at his size and watch his highlights.
Not all offers are commitable, and sometimes they are handed out while a staff continues to evaluate.
He's got a good offer list. They're not all non commitable. A little small for a nickel, which he says he's mostly being recruited as. I'd wanna see his speed/agility numbers. If he has a D1 future it might be as a high safety.

He's got a good offer list. They're not all non commitable. A little small for a nickel, which he says he's mostly being recruited as. I'd wanna see his speed/agility numbers. If he has a D1 future it might be as a high safety.
I never said he wasn't a D-1 player. I said he doesn't have elite measurables or athleticism. This guy is rated as a 4*. He's basically the same size as Jack Luttrell, but doesn't appear to be as athletic in highlights.

Reactions: Orange.
I never said he wasn't a D-1 player. I said he doesn't have elite measurables or athleticism. This guy is rated as a 4*. He's basically the same size as Jack Luttrell, but doesn't appear to be as athletic in highlights.
Poor choice of words. I’m strictly talking about if he’s good enough for us.

There’s not much to go on in those highlights.

The comeback in South Bend! One of the best comebacks ever and at South Bend when they were always tough. But you never hear much talk nationally about that one. It was on my birthday as well, I will never forget that one. GBO! Lou Holtz said it was one of the toughest loses he ever endured!
That is what happens when you play the Vols. Eventually it is heartbreak for the opposing team.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I was just trying to figure out the disconnect between his offer list and what you said. Wasn’t even disagreeing. Say hello to Boo’s mom for me.
I don't know that woman. I also think you're misinterpreting the tone of my post.

Last edited:
Has 20 offers from some elite schools, how many offers should he get?
Offers before their junior year mean very little. Often means that the player attends a school or works with a training group the staff wants to build relations with, they have solid physical tools early, someone who has been on visits a lot, etc. The fact that he got zero offers or was brought in on a visit somewhere since summer practice started in his junior season is notable. Only place he seems to have been is where he was scheduled to be at Baylor's Junior Day this weekend

Decent year and supposedly visited Oklahoma this weekend
It's not his stats, or that he is a bad recruit. He just doesn't appear to fit what our coaches are trying to build defensively. That has less to do with ratings and more to do with fitting particular physical profiles. Of course this is just physically, but they seem to be looking for speed, length, and overall athleticism. If a kid has those things and is coachable, they feel that they can develop them to a level to compete for championships.

The Fightin Farmers!

I lived right on the Lewisville/Flower Mound line for 5 years in a previous life. Going to see Lewisville/Flower Mound Marcus play each other was epic. Two powerhouse programs who put so many players into major D1 programs every year. Lots of fun.

High School football, Taco Cabana and Braums is all I miss from there.

Reactions: butchna

VN Store

Back