'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

I'm not sure that nil being the primary motivation for a decision, is what we need/want considering the premium we place on culture?

Reactions: feathersax
This dudes recruitment is like Walter Nolen. I will only celebrate when he is enrolled and on campus
I don't think landing either or both is gonna make or break us. Landing them would obviously enhance our chances of improving quicker. Not landing them changes nothing as to the direction of the program tho

I doubt he's even given us a thought.

When it comes to the portal and JUCO if we can get a good transfer RB that's great, but I'd rather us be focusing on OL and DL depth as well as LBs. Need some help at S also. I think these are the needs we are trying to address the most.

I think we'll be fine with the HS recruits we're going after for RB. Don't really need a Hesimam caliber RB for this offense the way it is run.

This is Evans second recruitment, correct? Maybe he just likes being courted..

First time around I think the Georgia stuff cause that to be a circus after that point. Yes it was a circus.

This time I don’t feel like he is causing some public circus any different than all the other kids jumping in portal. He has legitimate reasons to be in portal. He is a stud back that deserves to be in national spotlight that he can’t get at TCU. TCu just fired his coach. NIL passes and he wasn’t getting the deals that he can get elsewhere on bigger stage. Patterson even said this out loud in press conference that SEC schools would take Evans if their boosters didn’t step up and play ball. I don’t blame him for making a business decision. Why play for Sonny Dykes when you can play in SEC.

First time around I think the Georgia stuff cause that to be a circus after that point. Yes it was a circus.

This time I don’t feel like he is causing some public circus any different than all the other kids jumping in portal. He has legitimate reasons to be in portal. He is a stud back that deserves to be in national spotlight that he can’t get at TCU. TCu just fired his coach. NIL passes and he wasn’t getting the deals that he can get elsewhere on bigger stage. Patterson even said this out loud in press conference that SEC schools would take Evans if their boosters didn’t step up and play ball. I don’t blame him for making a business decision. Why play for Sonny Dykes when you can play in SEC.
It wasn't my intention to dis Evans. Yes, the first recruitment was a bit of a circus not all due to him. The guy is definitely a stud and a player at that level attracts a lot of attention. And I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't enjoy that kind of attention at that age.

I think we need to start with a smaller test case, just to prove the concept.

"BruisedOrange meets a special lady ... BruisedOrange meets a special lady ... BruisedOrange meets a special lady."

C'mon, everybody! Keep it up for one week and let's see what happens!"

Okay, I lied.

This would be a massive, multiple-universe churning, social inertia-in-reverse, epic of cosmic proportions test case.
But give it a try anyway, huh guys?
When we know it's safe, we can try it on Evans and some top DLs and LBs.

Okay, I lied.

This would be a massive, multiple-universe churning, social inertia-in-reverse, epic of cosmic proportions test case.
But give it a try anyway, huh guys?
When we know it's safe, we can try it on Evans and some top DLs and LBs.
Bruised Orange meets a special lady!

@de1conley said it was a possibility that he had talked to coaches but that he wanted us to get better line protection before he committed. So….. yeah.
I would have taken that as a swipe at me cept for two bullet points.

1) I’m not an “insider”.
2) Swan made a dramatic production of putting me on ignore…so impossible
😎

VN Store

Back