'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

I come here to give simple updates on a great HS football player both UF and UT are recruiting, from a UF fan perspective, and you try to turn it into a nonsense referendum on Mullen and Florida, because you hate Florida to the point where you can’t even hold an intelligent conversation in the off-season.

I have criticized Mullen for being too harsh on his discipline, you can find that criticism here in these pages. I thought he booted guys because of public pressure and I thought his trigger finger was too quick. NONE of the players Mullen kicked off were charged with anything, let along convicted. You chastise Mullen’s disciplinary practices, which includes multiple examples of kicking kids completely out of the program. What would you have preferred him do better?

Did you, and have you, stayed silent on Pruitt’s decisions to bring back players who threatened to shoot up a school or take a swing at a cop? And do you support bringing Jeremy Banks back?

Me, I leave it up to the coaches and I’m NOT criticizing Pruitt. He’s doing what HE thinks is best, and couldn’t care less what me or you think. Maybe you should afford that same respect to Mullen, if you can look through your hate of Florida long enough. I’m actually on record saying I prefer the Pruitt approach, giving second changes and trying to change kids’ lives, versus kicking them outta school like Mullen has done.

I don’t really feel like I turned this into a referendum on anything. I stated that I think Evans and UFs culture is a bad match and YOU chose to respond. It’s not like you gave a “simple update” and I quoted your post.

Reactions: VolsSince78
I don’t really feel like I turned this into a referendum on anything. I stated that I think Evans and UFs culture is a bad match and YOU chose to respond. It’s not like you gave a “simple update” and I quoted your post.
Why is he here? I’ll never understand going to an opposing fanbase’s board.

Last edited:

I think UF’s culture and Evans would be just fine. Florida’s roster is literally filled with players from all types of backgrounds, some very rough and challenging. I could give example after example. Mullen, after only 2.5 years, has done a superb job managing these players and helping them develop on and off the field. In a few cases, he’s had to boot kids.

Evans would be fine, unless HE made bad choices. Then, he’ll suffer the consequences.

Last player I was warned about was Percy Harvin. That dude turned out to be the most electric playmaker I’ve ever seen.

Hell, UF won two national titles with a hand full of players with “cultural concerns.” If he’s a problem, Mullen will get rid of him like he’s done other “problem players;” John Huggins, Jalen Jones, Brian Edwards. If he’s as great as he looks on tape, and can keep his head on straight, he may help Florida (or any other team) win national titles again.

I have absolutely no idea if he’ll land at Florida, I’d probably say there’s about a 33% chance right now. But I think it’s ridiculous for fans of any team to say they don’t want this kid. If he’s as good as he appears, take a shot. If it doesn’t work out, get rid of him quickly. All these coaches, Mullen and Pruitt included, feel like they can positively affect all players and change them for the better. I say go for it.
Wrong board this is a University of Tennessee board take your opinions back to Gainesville.

I was responding to a post about Zach Evans getting 🔮 to Florida. As a long time member, I gave updated information from a UF perspective. That turned into a “Mullen and Myer” and “Chris Steele” lecture on culture, as if every team still in the running for Evans doesn’t have their own examples of “culture issues.”

If I get any more relevant info on this process, I’ll post it. If you don’t value the information, ignore it or ignore me. I’m fine either way.

Reactions: VolsdeepVFL
I think UF’s culture and Evans would be just fine. Florida’s roster is literally filled with players from all types of backgrounds, some very rough and challenging. I could give example after example. Mullen, after only 2.5 years, has done a superb job managing these players and helping them develop on and off the field. In a few cases, he’s had to boot kids.

Evans would be fine, unless HE made bad choices. Then, he’ll suffer the consequences.

Like a lot of what goes on here,I think we could have just stopped 20 minutes ago when I said we would probably just have to disagree.

Florida recently hired Tim Brewster who reportedly has a very good relationship with Evans, having recruited him intensely while at Texas A&M. Evans was already indicating that Florida will indeed get his final visit in March, UF bringing in Brewster only bolstered that and led to the crystal ball. There’s a lot of smoke in Florida recruiting circles that Florida is in pretty good shape here, but as we all know, that can drastically change by the day with this particular recruit.
Keep dreaming homer

Reactions: Ridgerunner Vol
I wish Freak would just ban him and the other fans of rival teams.
Unless they are trolling, then they aren't really breaking any rules. We can always just mass-ignore them and maybe they will go away. They only stick around because people respond to them. Maybe just lonely individuals, idk.

I said earlier 33% chance he lands at UF, I actually don’t think it’s that good. I’d break it down like this:

UT - 30%
Ole Miss - 30%
UGA - 20%
UF - 20%
Probably should take the 20% UGA and spread it to the 3 other teams or maybe a 4th team that comes out of nowhere. From those closest to this recruitment UGA was the program that spread a lot of bad rumors about this kid. Doubt very seriously he ends up in Athens

Reactions: Jaws
Probably should take the 20% UGA and spread it to the 3 other teams or maybe a 4th team that comes out of nowhere. From those closest to this recruitment UGA was the program that spread a lot of bad rumors about this kid. Doubt very seriously he ends up in Athens

You’re probably right. I included UGA just because I never put it past Kirby to still be involved here, especially if he can prevent an East rival (UT or UF) from landing him. But I think UGA signing two RB’s on NSD probably eliminates them.

Reactions: Volfansince1980

VN Store

Back